What's Everyone listening to?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's Everyone listening to?

Post by CCSeamus on 8/20/2017, 6:21 pm

Last night listened to Sherlock Holmes and some malarkey about Moriarty forging coins. What a buffoon Watson is, totally unlike the books.

I still have my old iPod with about 2000 shows mixed in with music so on shuffle I never know what I will get. my faves are Richard Diamond, Let George Do It, The Falcon, Holmes, Nero Wolfe.... to name a few.

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer....

Seamus
CCSeamus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's Everyone listening to?

Post by Space Cadet on 8/21/2017, 11:53 am

For me, technology has moved along and being a bit of a techno-geek, I've moved I've moved along with it. I do most of my OTR listening in the car. Having a stereo system which accepts a thumb drive and plays mp3 files is awesome. But I also have a Galaxy S7 phone and a 10" Galaxy Tab 3 tablet with me almost continuously. As well as a pair of blutooth headphones to use with the tablet and phone, when needed.

The thumb drive in the car, has folders with 100 episodes of Lux Radio Theatre from the late 30's and early 40's, about 50 episodes of Burns and Allen and the complete runs of Dimension X and X-Minus 1.

My phone has a huge assortment of Suspense, The Adventures of Superman, Gunsmoke, The Green Hornet, The Shadow and complete runs of Space Patrol and Tom Corbett, Space Cadet (of course). And I can connect my phone to the car stereo, if I want to listen to whatever is on the phone while traveling.

The tablet is my movie machine. I have a huge collection of classic movies and I rotate them as needed onto the tablet. Yesterday, I watched Bringing Up Baby, with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn.

And happily, I can quickly rotate audio and video between any of these devices and my external hard drive backups, by connecting them to my computer.

Life is so much easier now, in the classic entertainment collecting world, than it was 20 years ago. And there's so much more to enjoy too.

Space
Space Cadet
Admin

View user profile http://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CCSeamus on 8/28/2017, 7:26 pm

Yes I have all manner of devices and the S7 Edge also with 64Gb SD card with tons of shows and music. iMac and MacBook Air and Sony Tablet. Recently got back into vinyl so got a custom built tube app for my turntable. All sounding sweet. Tons of vinyl out there and I pick on choose on trips.
CCSeamus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CCSeamus on 8/28/2017, 7:38 pm

Talking of Vinyl maybe throw up what vinyl you have and what you are listening to in other formats.
CCSeamus
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by otrwashh on 8/29/2017, 4:08 am

Converted about 40 cassette tapes of some of the earliest audio dramas by Jim French from the 1970's
and
some OTR Interviews I conducted between 1998 and 2005 into digital format.

It was a lot of fun to listen to them.
otrwashh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top