Jim Beshires

Go down

Jim Beshires

Post by nightkey on 3/16/2018, 4:42 pm

Jim Beshires of the Old Time Radio Researchers group passed away today. RIP old friend.
nightkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jim Beshires

Post by kschriever on 3/16/2018, 6:31 pm

A number of us who have been regular posters here at Cobalt at one time or another have also been very much at times in the orbit of the Old Time Radio Researchers and Jim Beshires, who led the group through much of its lifespan to date.  He was a memorable character who spent tremendous amounts of himself trying to get the glories of midcentury radio out and available to a broader public, and in this basic mission he was very successful.  I will remember him with gratitude for offering me an early foothold into a deeper OTR involvement and experience and for the personal investment he made in obtaining recordings, keeping the Old Radio Times up and running, and putting the OTRR Library out there for any and all to freely enjoy.  He made a mark in our little world and will be much missed.

kschriever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr on 3/17/2018, 10:23 am

Another Golden Oldie has left us too soon.

Condolences to his family

RIP

Art
artatoldotr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 3/17/2018, 3:29 pm

Someone said "Death is not the snuffing of a candle but the extinguishing of the flame because the dawn has come." I find that helpful when we lose friends. Rest well, my friend.
Jeff

ghemrats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet on 3/17/2018, 5:26 pm

Another great loss. But he left behind a truly golden legacy.

Space
Space Cadet
Admin

View user profile http://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jb_steele on 3/19/2018, 1:41 am

RIP
jb_steele

View user profile https://www.teapartycommunity.com/profile-163183/

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt on 3/25/2018, 10:04 am

When I started to get back into the hobby 2003ish, I posted on the OTR Digest newsletter that I had some material from disc that I wanted to share because I found shows that I had originated into circulation were so bad (from many generations of tape copying). No one corresponded with me... except Jim. I spoke with him once -- I had a short biz trip to Savannah -- but we only had time to talk by phone. We would often exchange emails where he asked me to explain the hobby's history to him, and I enjoyed that greatly. His OTRR efforts were so needed -- and somehow he got a bunch of volunteers together and stuff got done -- he really had no experience doing any of that so he would stumble now then, but he always recovered. He got me involved with late collector Ben Kibler who was so helpful to me in doing research. Jim suffered much these past years with cascading maladies. I will miss him, and so will the hobby.
greybelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum