The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherlock Holmes Starring John Stanley (FLAC)

+2
pnussbaum
airlanes
6 posters

Go down

Sherlock Holmes Starring John Stanley (FLAC) Empty Sherlock Holmes Starring John Stanley (FLAC)

Post by airlanes 8/18/2018, 6:49 pm

Here is my collection of Sherlock Holmes episodes with John Stanley in the role of Holmes.  All are in the FLAC format.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enjoy
airlanes
airlanes

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZIhnuVZ5AjTyAiGUyBVdABq

Back to top Go down

Sherlock Holmes Starring John Stanley (FLAC) Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Starring John Stanley (FLAC)

Post by pnussbaum 8/19/2018, 4:10 pm

Thanks so much for these. I had only a mixed bag of 22 Stanley, Martin, and Spelvin and these will be a lot of fun to hear.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Sherlock Holmes Starring John Stanley (FLAC) Empty Re: Sherlock Holmes Starring John Stanley (FLAC)

Post by Gordon Johansen 8/19/2018, 4:32 pm

Thanks for sharing these. Somehow I have missed hearing them

Gordon Johansen

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 8/20/2018, 5:21 pm

Picked some nice fills and upgrades, thanks for sharing Airlanes. If you can tell us, where or what did these originate from?

otrhead

Back to top Go down

Post by airlanes 8/20/2018, 11:32 pm

I'm glad that everyone seems to be pleased with this collection. The Sherlock Holmes radio series is what originally sparked my interest in collecting OTR back in the '60s. Over the years, whenever new discoveries from the series were released I would purchase them on cassette or CD, whichever format was readily available. I had been intending for a long time to transfer my collection to a lossless format and just recently started the process. I still have the Rathbone / Bruce and the Bruce / Conway episodes to transfer. I'll post what I have of those episodes when finished, assuming there is interest.

Gary
airlanes
airlanes

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer 8/21/2018, 4:14 am

I'm interested Airlanes!! I know the Nigel Bruce version of Watson makes the good Doctor a bit more dolt-ish (and probably much older) than Doyle may have intended but his is the first image that comes to mind when I think of the character.
Geezer
Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by airlanes 8/22/2018, 9:49 am

Geezer wrote:I'm interested Airlanes!!  I know the Nigel Bruce version of Watson makes the good Doctor a bit more dolt-ish (and probably much older) than Doyle may have intended but his is the first image that comes to mind when I think of the character.

Geezer, Nigel Bruce's interpretation of Dr. Watson was different from Doyle's original character, even unique.  Afterwards too many actors tried to imitate Bruce as Watson rather than trying to offer their own interpretation of the Good Doctor.  To my way of thinking, Rathbone and Bruce still immediately come to mind whenever I think of Holmes and Watson.  But when I think of the performers who best represented Doyle's characters I always go back to the Gielgud / Richardson radio series.
airlanes
airlanes

Back to top Go down

Post by KO6BB 11/5/2018, 12:29 pm

Thank you Airlanes. Have a great day.
Phil
KO6BB
KO6BB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down