The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cobalt Club

3 posters

Go down

The Cobalt Club Empty The Cobalt Club

Post by Seamus 3/5/2019, 6:43 pm

Folks,

this was the annex but really its the club. I cannot really improve on the brilliant work Space did to keep the lights on and people together.

All I can do is add some of the old content from the old CC server. I have added a Radio Actors section and am adding back in the old content. If anyone has anything they want added let us know and we will get it added.

I will be fooling around with stuff having a bang at the old look. If anyone wants it back the way it was let me know I get carried away and don't want to step on toes.

Seamus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Cobalt Club Empty Re: The Cobalt Club

Post by Space Cadet 3/6/2019, 8:48 pm

Speakin' of foolin' around, who remembers this little blast from the past?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/7/2019, 7:03 am

I checked my log at height of CC we had 1791 registered users. And remember that was not a open reg process I had to okay each user account. When we got high in the rankings for traffic and we have huge traffic for over a year we started getting hacked. I was blocking IP's left right and centre. Adding hacking protection it was almost a full time job to keep the site clean. We as a club bought our own rack server and Nick and I installed it at his College we had super nice connection to internet but we got throttled after 70% of the colleges network traffic was us. Back in the days when building servers and attaching them to the internet was kind of cowboy seat of your pants. We rebuilt the whole system maybe ten times before Nick retired from the college and Nick had to move us on. We existed for a bit more on a friend of Nicks hosting site. We got hacked and we lost our free slot when they changed hosting and we lost that server completely. We found out the host had lost our backups too so it was all gone.

All the while Space had this Annex running keeping the Club together, without it we would have lost the Cobalt Club forever. I still have lots of bits and pieces from the old site I will add back in for history sake.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/7/2019, 1:17 pm

Boss, we've gotta add a name to the list. We would have been lost, if not for the efforts of ghemrats. Or as I like to call him, Quick Draw. He's been an equal partner around here for quite a while. And the club and I could have bitten the dust without him.

C'mon Jeff... stand up and take a bow.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/8/2019, 11:53 am

Yes of course Ol' home and savings Ghemrats. Bravo to everyone who has been digging in and all the folks that make this a club. We are just plumbers keeping the water running in the Pool on Level 7 the one under the autogyro hanger not the one in sub basement 4 that one is not for swimming if you like to keep your feet.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 3/8/2019, 3:44 pm

I merely stand in the shadows of great men and women. And I'm not referring to Lamont Cranston and Margo Lane. Seamus, Space and Niles--as well as veterans of the old days--are the ones who paved the way!

Long Live Cobaltia!
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/8/2019, 5:44 pm

ghemrats wrote:I merely stand in the shadows of great men and women. And I'm not referring to Lamont Cranston and Margo Lane.  Seamus, Space and Niles--as well as veterans of the old days--are the ones who paved the way!  

Long Live Cobaltia!
Jeff

Greatness??? HAH!!! I once banned myself from THIS board... True story... Rolling Eyes
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/10/2019, 1:18 pm

Most of you won't remember the time Mars and I landed the Autogyro on the roof of the wrong building and the hullabaloo that caused. So all the shenanigans we have got up to. Or the time I accidentally tripped the security robots and got trapped in sub-basement 6 for a week. Survived on ginger beer and moonpies. Thank goodness thats where Frenchie kept his stash.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down