The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins

+7
CompleteDayMan
Seamus
BobbyP
ghemrats
artatoldotr
floridanana3
Space Cadet
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins Empty Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins

Post by Space Cadet 4/26/2013, 10:37 pm

Niles just posted this over at OTR Plus.

Received some news from Seamus this evening.

Niles,

talked to Nick we have a new server we have a new host and we are now in build mode.

So you can tell everyone we will be back soon and better than ever we will have internal storage just like the old club so I will make it much the same as before with loads of new features.

So good news to spread.

So keep your fingers crossed.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins Empty Re: Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins

Post by floridanana3 4/27/2013, 6:54 am

That's great news, Space. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Jennifer

floridanana3

Back to top Go down

Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins Empty Re: Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins

Post by artatoldotr 4/27/2013, 11:33 am

Great News !

Hope all goes smoothly.

Best regards

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 4/27/2013, 3:58 pm

The Irishman comes through again! What a great crew we have.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 4/28/2013, 12:30 pm

That's the best news I've had all day.

Bob
BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/6/2013, 5:03 pm

Just a quick note of thanks to Space for building this annex for the gang.

Just wanted everyone to know the new Cobalt Club has once again arisen from the ashes. I am about a week away from opening it up again. Some will look the same but its going to be a little different so I hope it does not shock everyone too much. I am adding a lot more features and will be opening up the suggestion box to things you would like to see.

Thanks once again to Nick for getting us a brand new server and a new host and a new url we are now located at cobaltclubotr.org the doors are closed while I renovate but we will be back up next week fingers crossed. Storage of shows is internal as before so we do not need mediafire or any of that Jazz.

As always the Club is a labor of love for all those who love we are one of the longest running sites on the Internet for OTR and we have been attacked and blown up more times that Doc Savage himself but here is to the new incarnation and long may she reign between blow ups.

Seamus
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cobalt Club (The Real One) Bulletins Empty Happy Dance

Post by Space Cadet 5/6/2013, 5:14 pm

HOT DIGGITY!!!

Oh, and WELCOME ABOARD Oh Great One!

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/6/2013, 5:18 pm

Send me a pm or email Space I added your pulp forum to the new site want to add you over there as moderator(if you are ok with this) along with Niles to keep her all ship shape and such.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 5/6/2013, 5:51 pm

Hot double-ddiggity also from me. Can't wait and thanks all.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 5/6/2013, 6:24 pm

I haven't been this happy since I went huntin' for some food, and up through the ground come a'bubblin' crude. Oil, that is. . . black gold, Texas Tea.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by harleyrider 5/6/2013, 8:15 pm

What's this Texas tea stuff, I'll just be glad to get my butt off this Electraglide and settle in Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
harleyrider
harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post by floridanana3 5/6/2013, 8:44 pm

Thank you so much for all the hard work you do Seamus, Niles and Space in helping to keep the passion we all have for Old Time Radio to live on and on. We appreciate all that you guys do.

Can's wait to see the new site.

floridanana3

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/6/2013, 11:02 pm

Thanks folks remember the Cobalt Club is ours Nick and I just keep the lights on and fix the plumbing. Yes I will get to the bathroom in the Grill. Its on my list.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oday450 5/7/2013, 10:09 am

Thanks Space, Seamus, and Nick. I've already bookmarked the new address and look forward to its Grand Opening.

Last edited by Oday450 on 5/7/2013, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Oday450
Oday450

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 5/7/2013, 10:22 am

This is great news. I'm leaving on Friday for my annual fly fishing trip in the Thunder Bay area so I probably won't be visiting until after I get back.

Best regards

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by harleyrider 5/7/2013, 12:26 pm

Oday450 wrote:Thanks Space, Seamus, and Nick. I've already bookmarked the new address and look forward to its Grand Opening.

I bookmarked it in my favorites and got a kick out of how it listed: Home Laughing
harleyrider
harleyrider

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 5/7/2013, 7:14 pm

Excellent news; can't wait!

Bob
BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosebud 5/7/2013, 10:39 pm

Whee! How exciting. Thanks all, for all you do. You're all amazing. Very Happy
Rosebud
Rosebud

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 5/11/2013, 6:10 pm

*NEWS FLASH*

It's all but nailed down kids. Pulp Magazines WILL be coming to THE NEW COBALT CLUB!

All of the specifics of exactly how they'll be made available haven't been worked out yet. But I'll get it rolling in the near future. We will be respecting copyright as always, so don't expect to see any Doc Savage or Shadow pulps. But there's tons of quality and variety to be shared, which falls in public domain or is offered by permission.

The biggest sticking point right now is file size. The average digital pulp is about 100 megs. Look for more details in the near future.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/11/2013, 6:35 pm

I have 300 pulps that were early scans from years ago they are less than one meg. Complete pulp low graphics. Of course I am sure Conde Naste has the copyright so its moot. But info to know.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 5/13/2013, 10:49 pm

Good news Pulp fans. I'm ahead of my estimated time in recovering the HUGE pile o' digital pulp magazines, lost in the hard drive failure. 90 gigabytes recovered so far. Those are mostly Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror pulps. Sadly, it'll be a lot slower from this point.

One group which I want very badly to recover and offer, is a large group of Argosy's from the 30's and 40's. Those are still in the future at this point. But I'll keep digging.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosebud 5/17/2013, 10:30 pm

How exciting! Looking forward to it, space. Very Happy
Rosebud
Rosebud

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 5/18/2013, 7:31 pm

Yet another major coup. Those Argosy's are now back in my grubby mitts. So they'll begin to make a major appearance very early.

And in case you missed it over at the Plus, Seamus sneaked Niles and me in through the back door at the NEW Cobalt Club to look around and paint a few walls.

IT'S BEEYOUTEEFULL!!!
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by otrwashh 5/19/2013, 12:36 am

Sounds Great!

I will bring several dozen of my crunchy snickerdoodles to
the GRAND Re-Opening of The Cobalt Club.

Also, I am preparing a special article on a favorite series.
It will be available for download.
Here is part of the title:
"The Vagabond and The Phoenix"

Signing off for now,

otrwash
otrwashh
otrwashh

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/24/2013, 5:31 am

Folks the Cobalt Club is back online. follow this link Cobalt Club You have to register again to get in. I have to approve new registrations to avoid spammers so be patient as I approve you all.

I have a problem with the configuration and for now we cannot upload files larger than 14MB please be patient as I fix this error. Space, Niles and I agreed we should let you all back in to get the place hopping again. Its a work in progress so have fun and be patient we are doing our best to get back to normal.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next