Old Time Radio Show Requests

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by hotmix99 on 9/17/2018, 7:30 pm

ks,
A belated thanks to you and bobbyp for the Vox Pop prograns.  I picked up a lot of fills.  

10/28/1937 EDDIE CANTOR'S 25TH ANNIVERSARY IN SHOW BUSINESS
ABC
Thursday 12:30am-2:00am
Also with Eddie Cantor, Darryl Zanuck, Master of Ceremonies George Jessel, Judy Garland, Deanna Durbin, The Raymond Scott Quintet, Edgar Bergen, Bill Robinson, Louis B. Mayer, Jimmy Durante, Darryl F. Zanuck. From Los Angeles, California.

hotmix99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP on 9/23/2018, 4:10 pm

Does anyone have Inheritance 1954-09-19, "Gibraltar on the Hudson"? All of the copies online are actually "America's Greatest Bargain."
BobbyP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever on 9/23/2018, 4:22 pm

I don't... but thanks for helping me clean up my set... Rolling Eyes
kschriever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey on 9/27/2018, 8:41 pm

Let's Talk Turkey to Japan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nightkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey on 9/27/2018, 8:48 pm

Eddie Cantor's 25th Anniversary dinner actually aired 37-10-28. The request was correct. The file was mislabeled.

nightkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever on 9/28/2018, 8:12 am

Thank you both.

Remarkably, Nightkey's post (while I'm glad to get it) appears to be a DIFFERENT broadcast from the one I am looking for despite being of the same date and title. It's only 13:39 and originates from San Francisco. Possibly it's an excerpt somehow. I'm particularly interested in this much longer broadcast, which is a Pittsburgh aircheck:

Let's Talk Turkey To Japan. November 23, 1944. NBC net, KDKA, Pittsburgh aircheck. 11:30 P.M. (EWT). A program for the 6th War Loan. The first tune is, "Accentuate The Positive." Meredith Willson and His Orchestra and the Ken Darby Chorus perform, "Who" (with special war bond drive lyrics). Kay Kyser and Bob Hope (broadcasting from Chicago) are sailors at a service club. Jack Benny's monologue is interrupted for a news bulletin, "B-29 bombers have just bombed Tokyo." Amos 'n' Andy have received a box of kippers from Scotland. They are interrupted by a 2nd news bulletin. Charlie Ruggles thinks they've gotten real Scotch. Robert McCormick reports that the bombing of Tokyo was "massive." Frank Morgan tells Judy Canova about his ranch. Ed Gardner in "Duffy's Tavern" tells about his love of opera (such as "Pagliarchie"). Harold Peary appears as, "The Great Gildersleeve." Eddie Cantor introduces Rudy Vallee as being in, "The Nasal Reserve." Robert Young (m.c.), Bing Crosby, The Charioteers, Joan Davis, Jack Haley, Meredith Willson and His Orchestra, The Ken Darby Chorus, Kay Kyser, Bob Hope, Jack Benny, Ginny Simms, Eddie Anderson, Dick Powell, Perry Botkin (guitar), The Mel-Tones, Freeman Gosden, Charles Correll, Charles Ruggles, Don Fisher, Robert McCormick, Frank Morgan, Judy Canova, Eddie Cantor (m.c.), John Charles Thomas, Ed Gardner, Harold Peary, Walter Tetley, Rudy Vallee, Richard LeGrand. 1:20:48. Audio condition: Very good. Incomplete.
kschriever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra on 10/2/2018, 4:44 pm

BobbyP wrote:Does anyone have Inheritance 1954-09-19, "Gibraltar on the Hudson"? All of the copies online are actually "America's Greatest Bargain."

I think this is what you are looking for.

lasombra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP on 10/3/2018, 1:20 pm

That's the one! Many thanks.
BobbyP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hotmix99 on 10/3/2018, 4:16 pm

Thank You Lasombra

I also had the wrong file

hotmix99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket on 10/13/2018, 8:15 pm

looking for

The Treasury Hour. July 23, 1941. CBS net. Sustaining. Abbott and Costello do a routine from Hollywood. Costello tells the story of, "Little Red Riding Hood." Alexander Woollcott tells the story of Irving Berlin. A medley of Berlin tunes is played and Irving Berlin himself appears and sings his famous, "Oh, How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning." Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Al Goodman and His Orchestra, Alexander Woollcott, Irving Berlin, Barry Wood. 18:15. Audio condition: Excellent. Excerpts.
kdmarket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11