Short Series'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Short Series'

Post by Space Cadet on 4/16/2013, 5:42 pm

Let's get it started. Too many of your fans are suffering withdrawal pains.

Space
Space Cadet
Admin

View user profile http://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Series'

Post by Theo44 on 4/17/2013, 2:16 am

Here are a couple of examples of very different syndicated series of 5 minute fillers

First a series of weird tales commercials and announcements were added at the studio

Files of the Unknown 05 Two Green Children.mp3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and secondly a well known Hollywood Gossip columnist, sponsored by Starlet Home Permanents.

Jimmy Fiddler Show 510521 01 Gary Cooper.mp3

Theo44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 4/19/2013, 4:30 pm

Off to a rousing start, Theo. Many thanks.
Jeff

ghemrats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo44 on 4/19/2013, 11:13 pm

Now here is something unique, an episode from a 1938 series syndicated by the Phoenix Sunrise Club, which was half pretty good country-western music and half dramatized stories of Arizona history, supposedly written by a noted historian. This week we discuss happenings at the O.K. corral.

Phoenix Sunrise Chuck Wagon 38xxxx 02 Tombstone.mp3

Theo44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 4/20/2013, 12:41 am

With this show, I'm reminded how we need to get on our chaps and head on over to the L-7 Ranch. Since Scout Binkie and I unearthed it in its original incarnation, I'll hitch it on up to the stars this weekend.

Ghemrats J. DeBosco

ghemrats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo44 on 4/27/2013, 10:57 pm

Now here is a real rarity, the Gracie Fields Show. Ms Fields did a summer series covering Bergen McCarthy in 1944. I have other episodes of this show if anyone needs them, although not in quite this pristine condition.

Gracie Fields Show 440813 10 Guest Orson Welles

Theo44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosebud on 4/27/2013, 11:35 pm

I love love love Gracie Fields. So excited to get this episode, theo, a thousand thanks! Very Happy
Rosebud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan on 4/28/2013, 12:05 pm

Theo44 wrote:Now here is a real rarity, the Gracie Fields Show. Ms Fields did a summer series covering Bergen McCarthy in 1944. I have other episodes of this show if anyone needs them, although not in quite this pristine condition.

Gracie Fields Show 440813 10 Guest Orson Welles

Thank you Theo - I also love 'our Gracie'. Since crossing the pond I have found she was called that by all of the allied forces.

I have the 44-07-09, 44-07-23 and 44-07-30 shows. If you are missing any of these let me know. If you have any other than these will you please post them.
CompleteDayMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey on 4/29/2013, 6:43 pm

I believe that the dates of 44-07-09, 44-07-23 and 44-07-30 are spurious for the shows that are circulating as #5, #7 and #9.. The syndicated shows #5, #7 and #9 are in circulation but those are different from the shows with known dates. Looking at radiogoldindex we see there is a show #5

The Gracie Fields Show. July 9, 1944. Program #5. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Bless 'Em All." Guest Jack Carson casts Gracie in a gangster movie. An American boy calls on a British girl for a date. Next week's guest is William Bendix. Gracie Fields, Jack Carson, Lou Bring and His Orchestra, Bill Goodwin. 30:11. Audio condition: Excellent. Complete.

and a syndicated show #5

The Gracie Fields Show. Program #5. MGM syndication. Commercials added locally. The first tune is a Maori song. A great performer doing everything from English folk tunes to, "Annie Get Your Gun." Gracie Fields, Phil Green and His Orchestra. 27:03. Audio condition: Very good. Otherwise complete.

If you check your show #5 it likely is the one with a Maori song and has nothing in it about a gangster movie.

Likewise RGI shows The Gracie Fields Show. Program #7. MGM syndication. Commercials added locally. The first tune is, "Feudin', Fightin' Fussin'." Gracie Fields, Bernard Braden (announcer), The Keynotes, Billy Trenet and His Orchestra, Phil Green and His Orchestra. 27:55. Audio condition: Very good to excellent. Otherwise complete.

7209. The Gracie Fields Show. Program #8. MGM syndication. Commercials added locally. The first tune is, "Play A Simple Melody." Gracie Fields, Bernard Braden (announcer), The Keynotes, Billy Trenet and His Orchestra, Phil Green and His Orchestra. 27:59. Audio condition: Very good to excellent. Otherwise complete.

Again with no dates. I believe that someone incorrectly extrapolated dates for the syndicated shows based on the broadcast show numbers and added those to Otter.
nightkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan on 4/30/2013, 10:23 am

nightkey wrote:If you check your show #5 it likely is the one with a Maori song and has nothing in it about a gangster movie.

Again with no dates. I believe that someone incorrectly extrapolated dates for the syndicated shows based on the broadcast show numbers and added those to Otter.

Actually the 44-07-09 show I have is the Jack Carson AFRS rebraodcast of that date, with 'Bless 'em All' as the opening number.

The other two are with Bernard Braden so I'll change the dates on those to unknown dates per RGI.
CompleteDayMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey on 4/30/2013, 5:20 pm

Ahhh... now I realize that in my collection I have the Jack Carson show and the Maori show, both #5.
nightkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo44 on 5/1/2013, 9:29 pm

Now that we have sorted out which Gracie Fields shows are which and who has what, here's one that apparently you do not have:

The Gracie Fields Show. August 6, 1944. NBC net. Sponsored by: Chase and Sanborn (commercials deleted). 8:00 P.M. The first tune is, "I Never Cried So Much In All My Life." Guest Roy Rogers plays a skit as a soldier visiting England, with Gracie. He calls a rapid square dance. Gracie Fields, Bill Goodwin (announcer), Roy Rogers, Marlin Hurt (as "Beulah"), Lou Bring and His Orchestra.

enjoy
Theo44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo44 on 5/2/2013, 2:48 pm

I just noticed that I forgot to change the program number. from the way it was when I received the file. The correct number is 09.
Theo44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosebud on 5/3/2013, 11:41 pm

Yowza! Another one! Thanks again, theo... So great! Very Happy
Rosebud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo44 on 5/4/2013, 5:01 pm

Another rarity. This program aired from 1933-38, sponsored by Princess Pat cosmetics. Only about 10 of these are known to exist and this is the only one I have ever seen.

Princess Pat Plays 370516 Cupid With A Gun

Theo44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top