The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Aboard

+6
wich2
123cagney
jamesl_1
CompleteDayMan
ghemrats
Space Cadet
10 posters

Go down

Welcome Aboard Empty Welcome Aboard

Post by Space Cadet 4/6/2013, 2:36 pm

HAIL COBALTIA!!!

Welcome to The Cobalt Club Annex. This is intended as a temporary meeting and work place, to keep the group in business, until Nick and Seamus can work their magic and get that Phoenix up out of those ashes once again. Hopefully, this will be a very short term solution.

The rules are simple. They're exactly the same as we knew and followed before, except as those rules pertained to uploading and downloading shows. Yes, this group still recognizes and respects copyright.

The major difference here, is that trading will be done through third party file storage and sharing services. I.e., Mediafire, Rapidshare, etc. My personal preference is for Mediafire. It's not by any means perfect, but it tends to be equally friendly to free uploaders and downloaders. But that's my preference and uploaders will be free to use the service of their choice.

There will be no complaining about the service a user chooses to use when uploading and sharing shows. But it is acceptable to ask if someone else, who has downloaded the show, would be willing to upload it to another service. That request should be made in the Upload Requests string in the Old Time Radio area.

This area may be expanded with an official "Rules" if we need to stay here for an extended period. But for now it's pretty simple...

Treat all other members with the same level of respect which you would wish to receive. No Flaming, No Spamming, No Offensive Language and RESPECT COPYRIGHT!

And PLEASE be kind to your staff. I have very limited time and that tends to be taken from me by my "Real" life's responsibilities. Add to that, that I'm having to learn to use this software from absolutely no experience and it means that responses will probably be slow. But I'll give it my best shot.

Your Ol' Pal Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome Aboard Empty Permissions

Post by Space Cadet 4/14/2013, 6:20 pm

Update

I've adjusted the permissions for the forum. Only registered members (who are logged in of course) can post or see links in posts.

I thought I'd set things that way originally, but I guess I had a Space Cadet moment.

These settings are an attempt to avoid spamming and to protect any files you upload from being abused or hotlinked by non members.

Thank You Chloe for pointing out that I'd goofed. And please everyone, let me know what you'd like to see here and feel free to point out my mistakes.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome Aboard Empty Re: Welcome Aboard

Post by ghemrats 4/19/2013, 4:03 pm

(Bending on knee) We're not worthy, Space! Thanks so much for keeping Cobaltia alive.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 4/20/2013, 11:16 am

ghemrats wrote:(Bending on knee) We're not worthy, Space! Thanks so much for keeping Cobaltia alive.
Jeff

Jeff, it's the members who keep The Cobalt Club alive. I just found us a corner to hang out on, til Seamus and Nick can work their magic.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 4/22/2013, 11:22 pm

Belated thanks also from me for setting this up Space. It's going to take a little while to figure out the nuances I'm sure but it's nice to see the banter picking up again.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesl_1 4/26/2013, 10:13 am

Hey ther SC great to see you up and running. Question, I had to reregistter. I used my orig name and passward from the old board. I am assuming that all of us are basicly starting from scratch here is that correct.

James

jamesl_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 4/26/2013, 12:04 pm

jamesl_1 wrote:Hey ther SC great to see you up and running. Question, I had to reregistter. I used my orig name and passward from the old board. I am assuming that all of us are basicly starting from scratch here is that correct.

James

Hi James, and Welcome.

The tentative answer to your question is yes, but with a BIG asterisk. I started this board as a bridge site. I had received a PM from Seamus just before the server died, in which he described some of what was going on and some of his thoughts for the new Cobalt Club site. He's trying to get the original code from the old site, so that when the new board comes online we'd at least have the posts from the past. He also mentioned that he was thinking of using a paid Mediafire account for board storage, since we won't have our own server and storage space.

I'm trying to steer things in a direction here, so that we can migrate as much as possible to the new board when it comes online. It'd be great if we could do that and avoid having to re-upload everything that gets posted here.

My thoughts right now for this board, once the new club comes online, is to maybe use it as an archive site for OTR series' and as a fallback position if we should ever have another failure of the primary site. And maybe provide a private work space for the members who do the "serious" work of locating, vetting and releasing old time radio shows into the wild. But that's pretty vague at this point. Mostly, I just wanted to help keep the group together and provide a space to continue the projects that members were working on when the server crashed.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesl_1 4/27/2013, 11:28 am

I am sure that all will work out, you guys do a hell of a job!!!!!! its great of you and Seamus are working your buns off I know I speak for all of us. I am sure if you guys need any financial aid that there are plenty of us out here that would throw some coin you guys way to help out. anyway keep up the great work

james

jamesl_1

Back to top Go down

Post by 123cagney 5/16/2013, 9:21 am

I was wondering if my old avatar might be hanging in a closet somewhere? Wink
123cagney
123cagney

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 5/16/2013, 8:03 pm

Hi Cagney, and Welcome. Sadly, no. We don't have access to the old site's info from here. This is just a dim shadow of The Cobalt Club, to keep us productive until the new "Real" Cobalt Club is online. Nick, Seamus and a team of highly trained Wee People are working on that. Hopefully it will be ready soon.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123cagney 5/16/2013, 11:04 pm

[quote="Space Cadet"]Hi Cagney, and Welcome. Sadly, no. We don't have access to the old site's info from here. This is just a dim shadow of The Cobalt Club, to keep us productive until the new "Real" Cobalt Club is online. Nick, Seamus and a team of highly trained Wee People are working on that. Hopefully it will be ready soon.

Space[/qu

It just doesn't feel like me...when I can't see me. Thank you all for working so hard to fix this!
123cagney
123cagney

Back to top Go down

Post by wich2 6/6/2016, 10:54 am

Hello, all.

New member here, though I think several of us know each other from other venues. I was alerted to this site by Joe Webb, on Facebook.

Best,
-Craig Wichman
(Quicksilver Radio Theater, Twilight Zone Radio, FOTR, etc., etc.

wich2

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 6/6/2016, 12:13 pm

Glad 2 c u here wich2! Here I'm known as "greybelt" (the 60 yr old guy who studies karate). I hope we get some others joining us soon -- Cobaltia could use some freshly minted citizens

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Welcome Aboard Empty Minimum posting limit?

Post by Red_Eagle 7/6/2016, 9:15 am

Does this site have a place for posting the minimum number of posts needed to get private mail privileges, like the Testing Forum at OTRPlus? And what is the minimum posting limit? I'd like to PM someone but it tells me I haven't reach the minimum posting threshold. Thanks!
Red_Eagle
Red_Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Eagle 7/7/2016, 9:14 am

Maybe a second post will do the trick....
Red_Eagle
Red_Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Oday450 7/7/2016, 11:16 am

Possibly no one has responded because it's an unusual question and no one knows an answer. If you are asking if there is a "sandbox" area where one can add numerous posts to boost the count, I have never seen or heard of one. It would bypass the purpose of allowing further access to active participants and excluding unwanted spam traffic.

Possibly one of the moderators could provide special permissions to assist.
Oday450
Oday450

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 7/7/2016, 11:58 am

Sorry for taking so long to respond. It's a 3 post minimum before new members can instantaneously message other members. It's to Pritchett members from spammers.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Eagle 7/7/2016, 1:08 pm

Thanks!
Red_Eagle
Red_Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by bicho 2/26/2018, 4:44 pm

hello cobaltians (and others).
today, for the first time i recived a Newsletter from the cobalt Club Annex with the latest Posts as a summary. wow! is this a new Service? this doesn´t happened before here.

Keep boppin´
marcel

bicho

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 2/26/2018, 5:10 pm

bicho wrote:hello cobaltians (and others).
today, for the first time i recived a Newsletter from the cobalt Club Annex with the latest Posts as a summary. wow! is this a new Service? this doesn´t happened before here.

Keep boppin´
marcel

Nope, I probably just hit the wrong button again.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum