The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your favourite Detective Show

+3
greybelt
ghemrats
Seamus
7 posters

Go down

Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 1

Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_lcap26%Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_lcap0%Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_lcap0%Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_lcap52%Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 12 ]
Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_lcap9%Whats your favourite Detective Show Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 23

Whats your favourite Detective Show Empty Whats your favourite Detective Show

Post by Seamus 3/15/2019, 6:49 am

This could be a huge poll so just going to add them off the top of my head so no one get offended if i forgot your fav show. There are so many I am going to run in two parts. Part 1 this week and Part 2 next week so get ready for the unbridled excitement to begin.

Tune in at least 5 times per day to see where the poll is the excitement may be too hard to take so sit down while viewing the poll and remember please drink enough water. The Cobalt Club will not be responsible for thirst or dehydration related to these polls.

Last edited by Seamus on 3/22/2019, 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Whats your favourite Detective Show Empty Re: Whats your favourite Detective Show

Post by Seamus 3/15/2019, 7:08 pm

Folks day one of the poll and Johnny is running away with it.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Whats your favourite Detective Show Empty Re: Whats your favourite Detective Show

Post by ghemrats 3/15/2019, 9:42 pm

Don't worry, Seamus. It will show up on his expense report. . . .
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/16/2019, 9:09 am

There are so many great shows its hard to pick a favourite. I listen to all of these shows and love them for different reasons. Great actors and great scripts.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 3/17/2019, 2:25 pm

I chose Casey, but there are so few shows and I have listened to them so many times that I always end up back with the maestro of the expense account

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by otrwashh 3/17/2019, 3:34 pm

Lots of great detective series during the Golden Age of Radio.

Could be additional related polls such as
Amateur Detectives (Rocky Jordan and The Thin Man)
and
Police Procedurals.

Generally, didn't like much of the OTR Sherlock Holmes that made Dr. Watson a buffoonish sidekick.
otrwashh
otrwashh

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/17/2019, 9:47 pm

So, Seamus. Will there be a runoff poll to determine a final winner?
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/18/2019, 12:31 pm

Once we throw up Week 2 on Friday and then get those top 3 we can run off the Detective shows and I mean with as much excitement as the teams going into the Super Bowl, its going to be that exciting. Generate office pools and massive gambling on the outcome. Parties will be planned for the final vote. And folks remember to gamble and drink responsibly. I know the excitement of these polls has been building huge amounts of excitement. And yes we are planning a TV movie based on these polls. Called "Poll Dancer"
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry6 3/19/2019, 9:45 am

SO MANY GREAT SHOWS, Hard ochoose just one

jerry6

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/19/2019, 4:40 pm

Its neck and neck folks too close to call.....

Trying to build the tension here folks....
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/21/2019, 4:59 pm

Get your last votes in folks tomorrow I shut down the poll and post part 2 and I know the excitement is building. I can't believe Nero Wolfe did not get a vote. Where is Saul Panzer when you need him.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/21/2019, 7:47 pm

Can I pre-vote for Superman in the second poll? Cuz' let's face it, even though he was a reporter and... well... Superman, a lot of what he did was detective work on the show.

Or maybe I'll just vote for Nancy Drew. And all of this got me thinkin'. I wish there had been a Tom Swift radio show. Senior or Junior. Which has me thinkin' about other classic children's characters that would have made for good radio shows.

Dig Allen, The Power Boys, The Happy Hollisters, Tintin...

Oops... my childhood's showin'.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eliyahusimlevin 3/22/2019, 12:36 am

Seamus: Nero Wolfe is my favorite detective, but not my favorite RADIO detective. I have the whole corpus on my shelf.
eliyahusimlevin
eliyahusimlevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/22/2019, 7:46 am

Thanks folks it was close Johnny Dollar won it by a whisker...
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down