The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Big Changes

5 posters

Go down

Some Big Changes Empty Some Big Changes

Post by Space Cadet 3/15/2019, 8:03 pm

Fellow Cobaltians, I have asked our long time leader Seamus to resume that role and he has graciously accepted. No, there hasn't been some behind the scenes power struggle or legal battle. I created this site as a refuge for the Cobalt Club members, during some very trying times. As a way to keep the family together through hardship and tough times. But I've never been comfortable in the role of leader. Mostly, because I don't really have the technical background to manage the site as it should be. But Seamus has the technical ability and experience to manage the site.

Ghemrats and I will still be here to help when and where we're needed. And Seamus will have his hand on the tiller and his eyes on the horizon, guiding us on our great adventure.

You've already seen a few changes and can expect to see more. It's gonna be a fun ride kids. Stick around. We're gonna have a good time.

Space

Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Some Big Changes Empty Re: Some Big Changes

Post by Seamus 3/16/2019, 6:51 am

Thanks Space I am glad to be back after my mad dash across the world I am now comfortably settled in Ireland and able to work the old control room again. The Cobalt Club has no leaders just a dedicated group of people who enjoy the haven this site offers. OTR is such a great hobby, its our job to introduce people to it.

Last edited by Seamus on 3/16/2019, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 3/16/2019, 11:17 am

A great big Sliante to Seamus, who humbly asserts there are no leaders.  Well, okay, but we will continue to acknowledge greatness where we see it.  Here's to your auspicious return!
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 3/17/2019, 3:32 pm

So glad to have Seamus back as Cobaltia's master collaborator and facilitator. We've exchanged many messages already and I'm hoping his return will encourage some other members from whom we have not heard from in a while to get into the swing of things again.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/17/2019, 7:26 pm

greybelt... Seamus, Jeff and I are in complete agreement with you. Those of us who have been members through the many years, can remember when we really enjoyed the way we interacted with one another at The Cobalt Club.

Tomfoolery, chicanery and even a few zany adventures. And many many fond memories.

I remember the night the thing on the fourble board got loose in sub-basement 3. It found Mars's secret stash of Romulan Ale and drank it's way through three cases before Frenchie found it... and helped to polish off the last three cases. The two of them serenaded various strangers in various back alleys for the next several hours. Those strangers, for some odd reason, weren't amused. The local constabulary was called and it got just a bit out of hand after that. But, as they were being chased, Frenchie and The Creature cut through Marie O'Leary's donut shop just down the street. (Plenty of Cobalt Club related stories I could tell you about that place too. But I digress) Well, the coppers were of course distracted by the luscious Marie's various wares, so Frenchie and The Creature beat a hasty retreat. They slipped back into the club through the side door. I can't remember who it was that convinced them to sleep it off, but sleep it off they did... on top of the bar. Oh well. Any night in those days, which didn't end up with everyone in attendance chipping in for bail money, was considered an off night.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/5/2019, 7:01 pm

Hope this is not a change you are implementing - up until a few days ago I would get an email on a watched topic when someone posted. Now, NOTHING! What happened?

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 8/10/2019, 8:34 am

lasombra wrote:Hope this is not a change you are implementing - up until a few days ago I would get an email on a watched topic when someone posted. Now, NOTHING! What happened?

I just made a change in your notifications. Let me know if it does the trick.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/10/2019, 9:11 am

OK, thanks. Nothing yet as of now.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/11/2019, 10:22 am

Space Cadet, still no emails!

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 8/11/2019, 12:15 pm

lasombra wrote:Space Cadet, still no emails!

I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it and can check the info for me.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: