The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3

5 posters

Go down

Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3

Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_lcap25%Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_lcap13%Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_lcap25%Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_lcap0%Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_lcap0%Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_lcap13%Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_lcap24%Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Empty Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3

Post by Seamus 4/16/2019, 8:17 am

Folks part three is here in this hotly debated contest of comedy greats. Ghem and Woody added suggestions. And some other suggestions I collected.

For part 4 get your suggestions in

Last edited by Seamus on 8/1/2022, 8:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Empty Re: Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3

Post by Space Cadet 4/16/2019, 3:36 pm

As incredible as it may seem, I was absolutely torn between Baby Snooks and The Jean Shepherd Show. And two more opposite show types in a genre, would be hard to find. I finally chose Jean, because Baby Sooks while hilarious, can also feel very repetitious.

As I've sat here thinkin'... I wonder how much of the classic Tonight Show, especially the Johnny Carson era, owes to The Jean Shepherd Show?
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

timbabwe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3 Empty Re: Whats your Favourite Comedy Show Part 3

Post by Seamus 4/16/2019, 4:32 pm

I love the Goon Show and Hancocks half hour. The Magnificent Montague is hilarious. But many a night I laughed my ass off to Jean Shepherd stories. Every night was a different topic and he could spin anything into comedy. Unique talent. Bergen and McCarthy always made me laugh at the fact you have a ventriloquist on the radio.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 4/17/2019, 1:59 am

I love Lum & Abner

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 4/17/2019, 11:29 am

This was a tough one again, O Turban'd One. I finally had to go with the Goon Show, though Phil Harris and Alice Faye are really close in my estimation--great material and delivery. Jean Shepherd was also amazingly articulate, human and clever. . . .

Next time you might try adding Duffy's Tavern, Amos 'N' Andy, et al. Another suggestion or two could be Favorite Stupid Adolescent Show (Archie, Corliss, Judy) or Favorite Quiz Show, though I'm sure You Bet Your Life will sweep everything away.

Then we can commence with Best Bit Player In Shows You've Never Heard Of. . . and then . . .
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 4/20/2019, 7:25 am

Okay folks look like Phil and Alice took this round thanks to all who participated. Ghem gave out 16 brand spanking new 1955 Chrysler 300's at his own personal cost. Much appreciated Ghem.

I will throw up another poll along the lines of suggestions. Best bit player, who would win in a caged match fight. Who could lift a ripe cantaloupe over their head etc...
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody 7/30/2022, 9:40 pm

Can I suggest if you do a Part 3 to include the Bickersons and Red Skelton.
Woody
Woody

Seamus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down