The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Check In

+16
JimBollman
Seamus
Tom-In-Ohio
pnussbaum
Harlow Wilcox
paulgeaf
CompleteDayMan
greybelt
Space Cadet
toebig
otrwashh
Bill_Atkins
artatoldotr
ghemrats
mjnunes84
Wildcat44
20 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Friday Check In - Page 10 Empty Re: Friday Check In

Post by ghemrats 12/29/2019, 1:54 am

Ask and ye shall receive.Friday Check In - Page 10 Kyle_t10
That's my boy.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 12/29/2019, 2:49 am

I'm so sorry for your loss greybelt. Being an adult doesn't make it any easier to bear. But we trudge on. Thank you for the link and your efforts. You can either leave that link here or place it where ever you feel it best fits. You've more than earned the right to make a few decisions around here, without having to ask for permission. In fact, I might just turn you into a moderator. Since I dragged Seamus and Jeff up to the admin level (Kickin' and screamin' the whole way as a matter of fact), I haven't had a good henchman. And every power hungry web despot needs a good reliable henchman.

But seriously. I haven't talked to Jeff or Seamus about it yet. But after all the years you've stood by this group, through good times and bad. And for all you've given to the OTR community at large, you deserve some kind of honor from this place. And that's about the best we can offer. So I'm askin' you publicly, would you accept the honor of bein' The Cobalt Club's newest moderator? If you have any concerns, just PM me and I'll give you the inside skinny. And trust me, it's extremely skinny.

Jeff, I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. That stand is totally awesome. And I say that with all sincerity and quite a bit of envy.

My weekend revolves around the missus and me. Today is our 35th. anniversary. Most of our celebration revolved around yelling "WHAT?" at each other from opposite ends of the house. That and a continuing tryptophan overload. We planned on partyin' like a couple of rock stars til about 8:30. But we took a nap instead. But I may still have a glass of Guinness.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 12/29/2019, 3:11 am

Jeff fabulous I am jelly.

Space grand idea.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 12/29/2019, 2:50 pm

The day after funeral feeling like you've been hit by a ton of bricks day is behind me now. There are some admin things to get done but most all has been accomplished and handed off to someone who takes the next step. It's helpful to be an only child to make things go smoothly with all these things with some kind of authority to what gets done, and that she had nothing anymore and the only account was a joint with rights of survivorship so nothing got tied up. Greybelt the Younger is doing well; this was the only grandparent he ever knew as the others had passed away before his birth. But we're all good and getting better every day with the little steps back and two or three steps forward as part of the process.

When I retired I vowed not to get involved in "running" any organizations as I had my fill of that when I was an employed and a self-employed person in trade association membership and other organizations. But I have such affection for Cobaltia and the role it plays for my passions and those of others that I have to violate my vow and join in!

Can my family come to the installation? I really don't want too many people to see me when I have to wear that hat during the ceremony and do the official "Dance of the Cobaltian Highlands" (named after 3M Scotch Highlander reel tape, so popular among 1970s collectors) and then sing the Cobaltian anthem "The Ancient Ode of Empeethree" (five octaves? really? perhaps if I squeeze my legs together really tight). But they're family, and they'll understand.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items https://sites.google.com/view/joehehnmemorialcollection/home
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 12/29/2019, 6:07 pm

Grey, I lost both parents and had to go through this all twice. I felt this was the first time in my life I couldn't fix something it was very hard and time is the healer but not one day goes by you don't miss them. Long for one more talk. Its life, kicks you in the teeth so always be nice and let other people be assholes. We know the real things in life that matter.

Welcome to the hallowed halls of the CC crew we keep the lights on and the bar stocked. And fight the odd interdimensional incursion.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 12/29/2019, 9:39 pm

Greybelt, the loss of my mother so many years ago brought me here, and the kind folks of Cobaltia helped me through the loss of my dad and mother-in-law as well. A more caring and kind group of people you will never find.

Congratulations on your ascension. If you need the robe, I still have mine, though my wife added a red lining that will knock your eye out. She also took the propeller off the mortar board, but added racing stripes to the sleeves. You're welcome to use it if you don't have one.

Keeping Cobaltia great!
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 1/3/2020, 8:03 pm

Friday night check in. Its been a chill week for me as I am still off work until next week. Next week I begin working for myself again. No more working for the man. Was a nice warm day we went for walk on the beach with the doggo. Nice relaxing day was had. Am now chilling watching a new hunting Big Foot show that has scientists along to test everything. What glorious brain dead nonsense. I want sighting stories from all you folks living near the woods. I know Jeff has been up the UP loads of times and to Ollie Hopnoodles Haven of Bliss so he surely has 10 or 4 stories of the elusive one. Tom living up in the mountains must have 1000.

More vinyl came in the mail I will get back into the Vinyl thread and post. Honestly forgot all about posting my vinyl conquests.

What say you CC members whats new this week? the more outlandish the better.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 1/3/2020, 10:13 pm

I plan to spend some serious time playin' a video game. Breath of the Wild to be exact. Maybe I'll watch a movie or two at some point. But it's definitely a "feet up" kinda weekend for me.

My thought on the Bigfoot... Ufoe... etc. mystery is simply this. Half the people on the planet carry a 1080p camera/camcorder on them at all times these days. But still nuthin' but blurry outta focus pics and vids. And everything in focus turns out to be faked. Show me some proof I can't pick apart myself and I'll admit to bein' a possible believer. Until then, I'll remain an open minded skeptic.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 1/3/2020, 10:41 pm

This weekend we plan to have Bigfoot over for a barbecue in the garage since it's still in the mid-thirties and too cold to stand under the space we once thought was going to be a carport but isn't.

With the sons and their wives safely stowed back in their own homes after the holidays, I may rev up my Iludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator and take our UFO for a spin over to the market or Target to get some sundries or mundries or tuesdies.

Filling my new shelves with books and DVDs, and cataloging my Babelian piles of comics will also absorb my time this weekend. And sleep, sleep, which mends the raveled sleeve of care. . . .
Jeff Suspect

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 1/4/2020, 3:09 am

On this 10th day of Christmas, I proclaim victory over the sweet gum tree for another year as the final gumballs came down and were immediately swept away into history.

New Year's Eve was fun as we had friends over to play Balderdash and toast the New Year well into the wee small hours. Two of our friends had somehow never seen Christmas Story so we took 90 mins to fix that situation to the satisfaction of all. It took two days worth of sleep for us to catch up from that - it's h*** getting old, especially when the mind thinks we are spring chickens!

Monday we're off to see 1917. Can't wait for that. My grandad had his arm blown off and was gassed at Ypres so I want to see how they have dealt with the nightmare of trench warfare.

Seamus - how about a picture of Doggo? The best I have is two grandogs - Jake & Blue.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 1/5/2020, 1:07 am

CDM here is Blue on the beach. He is a 2 year old Lurcher from the Irish Fall of the Water bloodline. Basically runs the house. This is now the cue for everyone to upload pics of their doggos

Friday Check In - Page 10 Blueon10
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 1/5/2020, 2:48 am

This is Nicki, our one-plus year old rescue Sheltie.  (We should have named him Mr. Chieve due to his mischievous nature.)
Friday Check In - Page 10 Nicki11
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 1/5/2020, 6:21 pm

Very cute Jeff. Seamus your doggo looks very much like a smaller type of wolf hound. I'd never heard of a Lurcher before. The best I can do is post pics of two of my three grand doggos. Blue is my daughter's 4 month old French Bulldog and Jake is the pure bred mongrel of one of my son's. Both of them are a lot of fun. Mrs CDM and I are on the lookout for a replacement Golden or Lab for us,

Friday Check In - Page 10 Blue10
Friday Check In - Page 10 Jake10
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 1/5/2020, 6:25 pm

Fabulous doggo pics. Never get enough.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 1/9/2020, 11:52 pm

I know what I'm doing Friday...
I will be on the YesterdayUSA nightly live show with Walden Hughes, and Larry and John Gassman starting at 10:30pm Eastern US time on Friday, January 10, 2020. The show is on both the Red and Blue streams at yesterdayusa.com. You can also stream YesterdayUSA using the free TuneIn app that works on iPhone and Android devices, and streaming devices such as Roku.
We will be talking about Suspense and a wide range of other OTR subjects. Join us! And call into the show at 714-545-2071 or send an email during the program to larrygassman@roadrunner.com

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items https://sites.google.com/view/joehehnmemorialcollection/home
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 1/10/2020, 12:47 am

I think this Moderator thing has gone to your head. Are you touring the country now? Going on all the talk shows? Cool
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 1/10/2020, 7:09 pm

Friday night check in from rainy Wicklow. Raining in Ireland you say...go on with you and such notions.

I raise a glass to those who have gone before us. Cheers Omaha, Niles, Mars, Stewart and those I forget to name...long will you live in the stories and memories of the good old CC.

So was a nicely paced work week. Since I now work consulting for my own company I make my hours I set my pace. Break it up with walks along the ocean with the doggo. Life is good I ain't complaining. Was offered a sweet job this week but it was more of the slog type and I turned it down. Did not matter the package. I am all about health and life balance now. I am pretty damn lucky to be able to do that some might say. But luck had nothing to do with it I slogged my guts out to get this place in life lots of hard work got me here.

More vinyl came and I swear I shall get back to the vinyl den and post about it. Watching some nice oldies on the stream. Been watching a Kolchak the Nightstalker every night. I absolutely love that show. Darren McGavin and script editing done by David Chase of Soprano's fame. Just a very good supernatural show that was the precursor to all the supernatural shows that followed it. He takes on Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, Aliens, fire starting ghosts. A total hoot.

Also since CDM set precedent gonna need more Doggo pics friends. Lets get them in here post haste.

Great stuff greybelt I will see if I can tune into your world tour. Remember on your dressing room waiver no brown M&M's make them pick those out.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 1/10/2020, 8:37 pm

Seamus, I love *Kolchak* too. I bought the whole series and the two movies some time ago, and it's about time to get them out again. Also *American Gothic* with Gary Cole; it was produced by Sam Raimi.

This weekend I'll start the arduous task of unpacking the 101 boxes of stuff from the basement flood. Yes, you got that right--101 boxes stacked floor to ceiling with DVDs, CDs, vinyl and books and sundries we saved from the sewage. Now the job of placing it all back from whence it came.

This will take me until 2030, I think. . . . So no rest for the weary.
But it will be fun to see what all we have.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 1/10/2020, 9:47 pm

Jeff I liked American Gothic the kid Lucas Black went on to NCIS New Orleans. Sean Cassidy produced that show. It was very good.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 1/10/2020, 10:16 pm

My weekend will be spent finalizing plans and arrangements for our Vegas trip in June. The tickets are purchased but we'll be deciding what we want to do while we're there. Most of this trip revolves around spending time with our daughter and grandsons. But of course we'll do a few touristy things as well. Sadly, the one show I'd love to see, ends just before we get there. I know it won't be extended, because it's Aerosmith. And they start a European tour the week we get there. Rassin' Frassin' bad timing.

For those who know my tendency for crazy adventures. YES, I hope to pull off the Grand Canyon stunt while we're in the neighborhood. No, we won't be gambling, other than a buck or two which will be  ceremonially sacrificed to a slot machine. This last, I'm pretty sure is required by state law.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 1/10/2020, 11:22 pm

For a laugh in Vegas go to the Irish pub Nine Fine Fishermen and order a Chickenpot pie or Shepherds pie it comes in a bucket its a huge amount of food. And pretty good.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 1/10/2020, 11:28 pm

We did the Canyon thing in 2018 Space. I'd always wanted to go there and was not disappointed at all. Unbelievable! You can see 1,000 pictures and go oooh and aaaah but nothing beats the awesomeness of the real thing.

Today in Arlington at 6:30 am it was 70F. Insane for this time of year. We're expecting tornadoes this evening.

Tomorrow I start on reworking my office. Mrs. CDM is going to help me plan out how to organize it so that the next busload of 16" transcriptions can fit in. I'm half looking forward to it / half dreading it. I cringed at your comments Jeff.

Seamus, may your days continue to be tranquil.

Greybelt - the suspense is killing me!
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 1/11/2020, 12:08 am

CDMan, I actually miscounted--it's actually 133 boxes, and I just unwrapped the tenth box. Yay, three hours and ten boxes--I'm goin' for the record. And not the transcription discs.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 1/11/2020, 8:48 pm

Ghemrats -- I hope the Rex Bills reels made it okay! My Teac has been asking when it might have some visitors Smile

CompleteDayMan -- had much fun on YesterdayUSA with Walden, Larry, and John. I'll post the recording when I get it.

Slowly getting back in the swing of things here.

greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 1/17/2020, 11:04 pm

Another Friday has finally arrived. No major adventures planned for this weekend. But I am finally gonna check out the para-gliding club which was recommended to me.

Jeff, at the peak of my collecting insanity, I had 144 long boxes of comics (Gross is the right word for that many comics in a four bedroom house), about a thousand novels, a hundred or so vintage video game consoles and about 1500 video game cartridges/disks etc. Plus a couple hundred weight of other various things I collected, mostly historical in nature.

Now, I have seven long boxes of comics, about a thousand novels, one each of ten vintage video game consoles, three modern video game consoles and fewer than 200 video game cartridges/disks etc.
Most of the militaria was donated to three local history museums. The rest was filtered all over the world through Ebay, some years back.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but Mrs. Space Cadet nags a lot less now. Shocked
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next