The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright

Go down

Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright Empty Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright

Post by Space Cadet on 7/7/2019, 5:04 pm

This is a list of shows which may not be posted, due to active copyrights. More may be added later. This board respects copyright and trademarks.

The Shadow
The Shadow of Fu Manchu
Doc Savage
The Lone Ranger
Family Theater
The Green Hornet
Anything produced after 1962

Last edited by Space Cadet on 7/8/2019, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright Empty Re: Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright

Post by scooper on 7/8/2019, 1:22 pm

Does this also include episodes dated after '62 of programs that began before 1962? Godfrey, Breakfast Club and Paul Harvey come to mind.

scooper

Back to top Go down

Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright Empty Re: Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright

Post by ghemrats on 7/8/2019, 2:06 pm

Alas, yes, Scooper. Anything bearing a post-1962 date of broadcast is verbotin. Thanks for adhering to the Non Suing Rule.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus on 7/8/2019, 4:45 pm

And the Green Hornet. Both the Lone Ranger and Green Hornet were owned by George W. Trendle he sold the rights to Wrather Corp who then sold them to Disney. And who wants to go up against Disney?
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet on 7/8/2019, 5:16 pm

Seamus wrote:And the Green Hornet. Both the Lone Ranger and Green Hornet were owned by George W. Trendle he sold the rights to Wrather Corp who then sold them to Disney. And who wants to go up against Disney?

That's the other one I forgot!!! Added.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig on 7/8/2019, 7:44 pm

Got the list. I'll not violate it, unless i forget LOL. Just kidding, I won't forget. I went through and deleted all links to those shows and also to one Lone Ranger and one Green Hornet show that I had posted.

Tom

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wryterjccc on 7/10/2019, 9:05 pm

I took down the link to the Shadow and Lone Ranger I had posted.
John

Wryterjccc

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet on 7/10/2019, 9:25 pm

Wryterjccc wrote:I took down the link to the Shadow and Lone Ranger I had posted.
  John

Thank you.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shows Which May Not Be Posted Due to Copyright Empty Challenge of the Yukon / Sgt Preston

Post by jamesl_1 on 7/16/2019, 10:02 am

Is Challenge of the Yukon and Sgt Preston included in this category ???

jamesl_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet on 7/16/2019, 7:55 pm

jamesl_1 wrote:Is Challenge of the Yukon and Sgt Preston included in this category ???

Let's err on the side of caution for now on these two. It seems that I remember one of them as being copyright protected but I can't remember which one. I'm sorry I can't be more precise. We lost our comprehensive list, when the server crashed on the old site.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 7/17/2019, 1:57 pm

I'm right there with you, Space. Sergeant Preston was a Trendle production, which was also known as *Challenge*. I was going to suggest adding it, but james beat me to it.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzMan on 8/5/2019, 8:12 pm

Maybe this is a tricky question:

Jazz/Big Band - Radio Programs

Work for hire or Music Copyright or go ahead and post them?

JazzMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 8/5/2019, 8:32 pm

In most cases because these shows are remotes, in the past we've allowed *Jubilee* and other such shows free reign. Check the thread already in existence, "Jump Jivin' Whale Room Rides Again" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as that's where we've traditionally posted such shows.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum