The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camel Caravan

2 posters

Go down

Camel Caravan Empty Camel Caravan

Post by Niku 8/26/2019, 9:31 pm

When I registered with Cobalt, I posted a list of programs that I was interested in. Unfortunately, although I got some responses, not one had any of them, except for one person who had a program that I already had. Anyway, today it occurs to me that I should have posted my needs here. Therefore, to start with Camel Caravan, does anyone have recordings from any of the shows from 10/2/34 to 6/27/35?

Last edited by Niku on 11/10/2019, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected spelling)

Niku

Back to top Go down

Camel Caravan Empty Re: Camel Caravan

Post by emruf7 8/26/2019, 10:13 pm

Don't have recordings, but there are scripts online. I skimmed through a few. Miss Hanshaw's songs are listed and sometimes she has a bit part elsewhere in the episode. Also, I was surprised to find the commercials feature Dr. William Moulton Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman, saying things like: "Camels DO increase your flow of energy" and "you may smoke Camels as often as you wish." Thanks, doc.

Here are links to the first two scripts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

emruf7

Back to top Go down

Post by Niku 8/27/2019, 12:40 am

Thanks. I have a few databases for the scripts; in fact, it was by consulting them that I was able to be so precise about the dates involved. In the 10/2/34 show, the host said, "On behalf...I am happy to present for the first time...Miss Annette Hanshaw....and on 6/27/35 show, he said, "Last time for awhile....This is the Swan Song, the Camel Caravan has reached the end of its road for this series."

I am in the process of updating the exhibit I have prepared by comparing different databases. Some are illegible in parts, but others sometimes allow me to read otherwise lost material.

I've been pretty successful with the scripts, but not so much with the recordings. That's something that comes with the territory, but I can't help wondering why there are so few recordings of such a successful and popular show. It's even worse with Maxwell House Showboat, a show that I'll be asking about. That show was very popular, but there are few recordings available. Other, less popular, shows are well covered. I have to wonder why.

Niku

Back to top Go down

Post by Niku 11/7/2019, 3:32 pm

I tried to send thanks to (by emruf7 on 8/26/2019, 6:13 pm) this morning, but it got lost somehow. Well, I know how; it's because I don't know how to navigate my way around this log. Anyway, I hope someone finds it and forwards it to him. I'd do it again but I know that the results would be the same. I just wish you had a REPLY button

Last edited by Niku on 11/10/2019, 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : various)

Niku

Back to top Go down

Camel Caravan Empty Camel Caravan

Post by Niku 11/7/2019, 5:19 pm

Re: Camel Caravan
Post by emruf7 on 8/26/2019, 6:13 pm
-----------------------
Well, this is not the "right" way, but at least it gets posted. In the message that Cobalt Annex lost, I merely said that I had finally tried the two links that emuzruf7 had sent me. They turned out to be much clearer than the one I already had, so much so, that I was able to update and correct the table I had made. The revised table is now so good that I'm not even going to bother with newspaper archives. It's almost perfect now. That's good enough for me. Thanks again, emruf7.

Last edited by Niku on 11/10/2019, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Niku

Back to top Go down

Post by Niku 11/7/2019, 5:21 pm

Please send me instructions for replying to a post i see on the screen.The 1, 2, 3...format would be perfect.

Niku

Back to top Go down

Post by Niku 11/10/2019, 2:33 pm

I just deleted a table I had posted here to replace it with a corrected version. Unfortunately, I find myself  unable to post the corrected version. I must have forgotten a step. I have the image in my Numbers file, on my desktop, in Documents, and in Downloads. How do I get it here?

Last edited by Niku on 11/10/2019, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected spelling)

Niku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down