Articles/Books on the Technical Aspects of Radio Collecting

Go down

Articles/Books on the Technical Aspects of Radio Collecting Empty Articles/Books on the Technical Aspects of Radio Collecting

Post by Crunklydunks on 8/29/2019, 9:29 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for articles or books dealing with the more technical/archival aspects of collecting radio. Stuff related to transcriptions, preservation, etc. I know a reasonable amount about audio stuff with relation to music, but I would love to know more about things more specifically related to OTR. There's some neat brief articles online, things like Rand's explanation of the various transcription sources here: http://randsesotericotr.podbean.com/p/types-of-transcriptions-and-radio-recordings/ but I would love to find more. I can imagine a lot of it is unfortunately in sources that are only available in out of print publications, but even references to those is helpful as I can try to track them down. It's sad that so many libraries have purged what they deemed to be obsolete books and articles, considering the value that they have as primary sources for contemporary knowledge of technical subjects, instead of having to rely upon modern secondhand interpretations.

Thanks!

Crunklydunks

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum