MARK TRAIL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MARK TRAIL - Page 2 Empty Re: MARK TRAIL

Post by lasombra on 12/16/2019, 2:11 pm

I've been comparing my Mark Trail programs to the list posted here. From various sources the programs titled The Split Toothed Slayer and The Thumping Beaver are the same show. The program posted here titled The Split Toothed Slayer should be The Thumping Beaver. Mark Trail is saved by the thumping of a beaver! According to James Decker the Split Toothed Slayer involves a bear hunt and a wild boar.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer on 12/17/2019, 4:55 am

Not sure how I messed it up but I did. Split Toothed Slayer wasn't even listed as an available episode and I never noticed that I had The Thumping Beaver listed as "missing" when I knew perfectly well that I had it.
Geezer
Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzMan on 12/17/2019, 8:20 am

Long live the Thumping Beaver!

JazzMan

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig on 12/17/2019, 12:51 pm

When your collection gets so big, you can't possibly remember (well I can't remember but you might be able to). I sometimes think I have something and I can't find it. I also end up with a bunch of duplicates because I don't remember an episode LOL.

I want to thank you again for the Mark Trail episodes. I was about to ask the group for upgrades and here you come before I even ask. There were some new episodes and upgrades that I got because of your generosity.

BTW, I do think there is an interest in the Anderson Family. I do have 38 episodes but I think others would be interested in them.

Thanks again,

Tom

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever on 12/18/2019, 1:32 pm

Geezer... I have three episodes here I don't see posted above, all from March 1950. Please doublecheck me on these as i don't have time to check thoroughly right now. That said:

This 1950-03-06 appears to be good and matches Mr. Decker's assembled documentation:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This 1950-03-08 file, which here carries the title "Killer That Strikes From The Sky", appears correct AND makes the newspaper documentation INCORRECT. Looks like the intended Wednesday and Friday shows got switched. The plot here seems to match that of "Feathers of Evil", and at the end we're told that Trail is next off to "Lost Forest".

Finally, I've got a 1950-03-17 "Rapids Of No Return" that seems to conform to the title "Operation: Dynamite"!.

In all three cases, these conform to the script list at OAC, so I believe the dates are correct but probably the titles should be modified.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan on 12/18/2019, 1:34 pm

Geezer wrote:Not sure how I messed it up but I did.  Split Toothed Slayer wasn't even  listed as an available episode and I never noticed that I had The Thumping Beaver listed as "missing" when I knew perfectly well that I had it.

Welcome to my world Geez.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer on 12/18/2019, 1:47 pm

kschriever wrote:Geezer... I have three episodes here I don't see posted above, all from March 1950.  Please doublecheck me on these as i don't have time to check thoroughly right now.  That said:

This 1950-03-06 appears to be good and matches Mr. Decker's assembled documentation:

This 1950-03-08 file, which here carries the title "Killer That Strikes From The Sky", appears correct AND makes the newspaper documentation INCORRECT.  Looks like the intended Wednesday and Friday shows got switched.  The plot here seems to match that of "Feathers of Evil", and at the end we're told that Trail is next off to "Lost Forest".

Finally, I've got a 1950-03-17 "Rapids Of No Return" that seems to conform to the title "Operation: Dynamite"!.

In all three cases, these conform to the script list at OAC, so I believe the dates are correct but probably the titles should be modified.

These 3 are on page one of this thread

On to today's offerings

Mark Trail 500306 (0016)Vampires From The Deep

Mark Trail 1950-03-08 (017)Feathers Of Evil

Mark Trail 1950-03-17 (021)Operation - Dynamite
Geezer
Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever on 12/18/2019, 1:54 pm

ARRGGGHHH. Welcome to MY world! Very sorry for the foolishness. Worst thing is I did another quick pass skimming the thread and STILL missed them. I think it's nap time.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Johansen on 12/29/2019, 9:31 pm

Thanks again for posting all these Geezer. I couldn't figure out for a long time that the original voice was Matt Crowley from the Jungle Jim series. I still can't believe how that 1935 series was preserved so well and in such a complete form when so much else was lost.

Like you and your wife, I really enjoyed this show.

Gordon Johansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer on 12/30/2019, 4:48 am

You're most welcome Gordon. I'm afraid I'm a real sucker for these "juvenile" shows.
Geezer
Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum