The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Name Changes

5 posters

Go down

Some Name Changes Empty Some Name Changes

Post by Seamus 1/7/2020, 1:36 pm

Folks for those eagle eyed members you can see some of the names of forums have changed. The CC crew have been discussing how to celebrate those members we have called friends who have gone on to that great big radio show in the sky. So some of the forums are now named after familiar friends. Its our way of saying thanks and keeping them close to heart.

We don't say it enough but we all appreciate each and every one of you for being a CC member which is for life and beyond. We together as a collective are the CC. When Nick opened this place over 20 years ago he called it a genteel haven and we have kept it that way. You will search high and low and not find another place as kind and gentle to the reader as the CC. I always pushed to keep the nonsense of the Internet outside of those big oak front doors.

So we salute you and raise a glass to those who have gone on to starring roles in that big broadcast in the sky.

Love and peace to all...

Seamus, Spacecadet, ghemrats, greybelt and our lost comrade but not forgotten Niles "Capt" Caulder where ever you are.....

Last edited by Seamus on 1/7/2020, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some Name Changes Empty Re: Some Name Changes

Post by CompleteDayMan 1/7/2020, 3:54 pm

Well done! Most appropriate.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 1/7/2020, 6:34 pm

I'm truly proud of these changes. The Cobalt Club isn't a just board or a site. It is and always has been The Members. It's a group of valued friends. And it feels right to honor our friends who have passed on.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 1/7/2020, 8:15 pm

Absolutely! And how proud I am:
a.) to be part of it;
2.) to continue to post ad nauseum;
c.) to give monumental kudos to Seamus for knowing how to write a correct possessive form and to keep the home fires burning;
4.) to work alongside Space and Greybelt in a moderate assignment.

I've always said it's good to be with Family.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 1/8/2020, 3:15 pm

Great idea! Would you please give us some info on who Frank Coopersmilth was? Thanks.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 1/8/2020, 6:44 pm

lasombra wrote:Great idea! Would you please give us some info on who Frank Coopersmilth was? Thanks.

Frank Coopersmith is an absolute legend in Cobaltian history. He was a very active long term member who passed away about 12 years ago. He was active in radio broadcasting for decades in the Nebraska area. His user name was Omaha Radio. So if you ever notice any of us old timers referring to Omaha, that's who we're talking about. He was an amazing mix of comedian jokester and curmudgeon. He was also the self appointed defender of The Cobalt Club. And Lord help the poor unknowing "newbie" who started making demands for posting previously posted shows, of people who were working diligently at sharing enormous volumes of OTR goodness. When he cut loose in his unique manner, the rest of us just sat back and enjoyed the show. He was also an amazingly good friend. He, Seamus, Mars, myself and others had a grand time "blowing up" threads.

The second greatest tragedy, to losing one of our dear friends, was losing years worth of back posts in the infamous server crashes. We used to have such a good time together. You can see a shadow of what was, when Seamus, Jeff and I start acting silly and making bad jokes at each other.

While I'm on this subject, I'd like to add an invitation to all of our members. Feel free to join in when we start getting silly. Feel free to crack a joke or take an "in fun" crack at us. Of course you'll probably get it thrown right back at you. But it will never be done in a malicious manner. For those of you who we refer to as "lurkers". You have nothing to fear on this board. We've had members in the past who were just afraid to speak up. Afraid they'd be ridiculed for their spelling or diction or whatever. There's no need to worry about that here. Spelling, punctuation and sentence structure don't matter to us. Intent and a willingness to have fun and to share OTR do matter. If anyone ever feels attacked or blatantly insulted, just refer the post to Seamus, ghemrats, or myself. We'll try to correct the behavior with a gentle reminder. But all three of us hold the Hammer of Thor. And all three of us will and in fact have blasted such people right through the back wall of the place. Never to be seen here again.

So, feel free to join in. To make some new friends and to become part of the history of The Cobalt Club.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum