Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes - Page 2 Empty Re: Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes

Post by Harlow Wilcox on 1/21/2020, 4:49 pm

Thank you Jeff! Smile
Harlow Wilcox
Harlow Wilcox

Back to top Go down

Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes - Page 2 Empty Re: Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes

Post by scooper on 1/21/2020, 6:30 pm

My thanks as well.

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan on 1/21/2020, 8:00 pm

ghemrats wrote:The link is in blue above--click *Myrt and Marge* above to get the shows.
Enjoy.
Jeff

Thank you.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 1/21/2020, 9:35 pm

My pleasure, Folks. I was thinking I might start posting singleton soaps if anyone has an interest.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wilcox on 1/21/2020, 9:39 pm

Sure, bring it on Jeff! Smile
Harlow Wilcox
Harlow Wilcox

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper on 1/22/2020, 1:02 am

Would I know Singleton Soaps by another name?

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis on 1/22/2020, 12:36 pm

Does it mean only one episode exists, maybe?

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 1/22/2020, 3:10 pm

Yes, "singleton" shows means only one or two episodes are known to exist. I'll cross reference my offerings with Ozradio's offerings to ensure they're not dupes; stay tuned.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis on 1/22/2020, 3:54 pm

Anyone looking for soaps - there's quite a few in WJSV Complete Broadcast Day 21 Sep 1939. Most people are probably aware but just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP on 1/22/2020, 8:46 pm

ozradio wrote:If you're interested in soap opera programs, this is for you. The Old Time Radio Researchers received a collection of donated cassettes that had been sent by the donor because they appeared to be upgrades to what we had in our audio library or not even in circulation (or hard to find). They are episodes he collected over many years. They've finally been digitized by myself with some light restoration by Damon Fries.

I have uploaded the set in .flac format to Archive.org. This is not a Maintained set and may not be permanent. These shows will added to our library but probably in .mp3 format; .flac takes up too much space and we want to stay on the good side of our hosting service. I thought it would be most convenient for interested listeners to get them in one spot rather than having to download one or two episodes from this series and then that series.

There are ~60 programs and they total about 1.3 gig.  

Edit: Our webmaster says server space is not an issue so these will be added to our library in flac format.

Soap Opera Additions

Get your hankies ready and enjoy!
Ryan

The show labeled as "When A Girl Marries 1948-11-04 Joan Feels That Harry’s In Danger" is actually an episode of Young Widder Brown.
BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis on 1/22/2020, 10:26 pm

BobbyP wrote:The show labeled as "When A Girl Marries 1948-11-04 Joan Feels That Harry’s In Danger" is actually an episode of Young Widder Brown.

Presumably the date is wrong also, considering those consecutive dates.

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by dbf on 1/23/2020, 8:21 am

Yikes - I'm the one who compiled the set - I thought all was correct but this one slipped by me....here is the proper file for When A Girl Marries:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dbf

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP on 1/23/2020, 3:13 pm

The date on this one is off - November 5, 1944, was a Sunday.

"Pepper Young's Family 1944-11-05 Carter And Peggy Say Goodbye"
BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by dbf on 1/23/2020, 5:14 pm

BobbyP wrote:The date on this one is off - November 5, 1944, was a Sunday.

"Pepper Young's Family 1944-11-05 Carter And Peggy Say Goodbye"

I think the correct date might be Jan 5, 1944?

1118. Pepper Young's Family. January 5, 1944. NBC net. Sponsored by: Camay Soap. Peggy and Carter are talking by the fireplace. Carter tells Peggy how much he loves her as he walks her home. See also "Same Time, Same Station," cat. #10840. The system cue has been deleted. Alan Kent (announcer). 14:44. Audio condition: Excellent. Complete as above.

dbf

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper on 1/24/2020, 1:42 pm

Working on the theory if you don't ask, you don't get, would welcome any Young Dr.Malone's out there other than the sequence in which Jerry Malone is in an automobile accident, and the last two programs of the series: November 1960.

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper on 1/24/2020, 6:41 pm

There is a Young Doctor Malone episode from 4/30/48 available at this site which is not in general circulation. It is open to the public

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis on 1/25/2020, 12:00 am

Interesting site. They have the 1956.09.18 episode of Camel Rock n Roll Dance Party that's missing from the almost complete set on archive.org. That just leaves the 1956.09.25 episode as still missing.

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by rodney4130 on 1/28/2020, 9:56 am

mstevens90 wrote:All the Kroger soaps were held by a Jerry Austin Of Los Angles who passed away a few years back. What happened to them after that I don't know. Radio Spirits appears to have the Mary Foster episodes. I don't know if they have the other Krogers soaps or if they went else where.

I spoke with Austin's widow a few years ago and she confirmed that Radio Spirits purchased Austin's transcription discs. She told me that he had passed away before he completed transferring everything.

Unfortunately, RS is not interested in releasing boxed sets of 15 minute shows that aren't called Yours Truly Johnny Dollar. They did, and I presume still do, offer many Mary Foster episodes via their Radio Vault service.

That doesn't explain the other Kroger shows though. Only Hearts in Harmony seems to be represented to the degree that we know actually exists.

rodney4130

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wilcox on 1/28/2020, 10:56 am

It has always frustrated me that so many series/episodes end up in the hands of Radio Spirits. People sell their holdings to them and they presumably end up just sitting around in their vault where they will not get to be heard again except for maybe by a select few.
Thanks for the Information Rodney4130!
Harlow Wilcox
Harlow Wilcox

Back to top Go down

Post by dbf on 1/28/2020, 11:19 am

Harlow Wilcox wrote:It has always frustrated me that so many series/episodes end up in the hands of Radio Spirits. People sell their holdings to them and they presumably end up just sitting around in their vault where they will not get to be heard again except for maybe by a select few.
Thanks for the Information Rodney4130!

Perhaps you/we could write requesting shows like that via their Radio Vault service? It's one way they can get shows out there which won't see a physical, commercial release.

dbf

Back to top Go down

Post by rodney4130 on 1/28/2020, 11:26 am

They were running it on When Radio Was, but they stopped after awhile. Considering the amount of gripes on Facebook that I saw, I can't say I blame them.

rodney4130

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis on 1/28/2020, 11:17 pm

On the Country Music Hall of Fame site in the WSM programs section there's 7 episodes of a soap called Backstage Wife. There's probably other soaps, I've barely scratched the surface.

This afternoon I was enjoying listening to some episodes of Pat O'Daniel & His Hillbilly Boys. They're much nicer quality than the ones on archive.org - much higher fidelity because they haven't been overprocessed in an attempt to remove every last shred of crackle. It means you have to put up with some vinyl crackles, but I find that much more pleasant than the muddy overprocessed files. And there 10 episodes that aren't in the other versions! Also we get the episode numbers, meaning the episode numbers on those other sets have been arbitrarily added for the sake of it - I do wish people wouldn't do that, it's not helpful!

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper on 1/28/2020, 11:31 pm

Look for the Rise of my Dreams and the Ma Perkins

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper on 1/28/2020, 11:32 pm

Rose not rise

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra on 1/29/2020, 2:31 am

Is there a way to download from that site, scooper?

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum