Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes - Page 3 Empty Re: Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes

Post by Egg_Crisis on 1/29/2020, 8:20 am

Using Chrome, you want to open something called "Developer Tools". Open a new tab and press ctrl+shift+i.  It might take a few seconds to appear.

Across the top you'll see "Elements, Console, Sources...". Click the Network tab.

Under that is a row of icons, the first one is a circle, if the circle is black, click it so it turns red.  If it's already red leave it as it is.

Under that where it says filter, type mp3

Now visit the site, leaving that side panel open.

When you visit a site, things will start to appear in that side panel.  When you leave the filter blank a LOT of things will appear.  That's everything your browser is accessing in order to put together the page that you can see.  (When you do it with facebook it's frightening just how much is going on beneath the surface.)

Now click an entry for one of the radio shows. When the page opens, an entry for the mp3 will appear in the right hand panel.

Rightclick it and open in a new window, then in that new window, tightclick and download.

Click clear (next to the red dot) before downloading another.

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes - Page 3 Empty Re: Rare/Upgraded Soap Opera episodes

Post by Wildcat44 on 1/29/2020, 9:08 am

Thank you Egg Crisis

Wildcat44

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever on 1/29/2020, 2:36 pm

Egg_Crisis, thanks for that brilliant tip and explanation. I've been using Audacity in some cases to do real-time recording and that just isn't practical much of the time. This works great and I've stored your instructions for reference.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis on 1/29/2020, 3:34 pm

It's a powerful tool most people don't know is there. The beauty of it is it can be used to download almost any streaming media on any site, although video sometimes requires some extra steps. (And Firefox also has a Developer Tools which works in the same way.)

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever on 1/29/2020, 4:16 pm

Good to know, thanks... that's my browser of choice these days. I'll need to play around with that.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by ozradio on 1/31/2020, 9:57 am

BobbyP wrote:

The show labeled as "When A Girl Marries 1948-11-04 Joan Feels That Harry’s In Danger" is actually an episode of Young Widder Brown.

Thanks, Bobby! I'll try to check it out over the weekend. I encoded a cassette at a time (4 episodes) so this would not be the first file I mis-labeled as I sliced up the master .wav.

ozradio

http://www.ryanellett.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom-In-Ohio on 2/8/2020, 1:31 pm

Thank you Egg Crisis for this simple (I can do it), but powerful piece of knowledge with Google Chrome. I just tried it on a few sites and it works fabulously. The only site it doesn't seem to work on is the Orson Welles site at Indiana.edu. The file comes in pieces and is not mp3. I tried it in Firefox but with the same results. Not sure what to do about that.

Thanks again. - Tom

Tom-In-Ohio

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper on 2/10/2020, 1:11 am

Ghemrats,
How are you coming along with those singleton shows? Me I am not fussy, if they have to be doubletons, you won't hear a squawk from me, or probably anybody else! Very Happy Very Happy

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis on 2/10/2020, 11:39 am

Tom-In-Ohio wrote:The only site it doesn't seem to work on is the Orson Welles site at Indiana.edu. The file comes in pieces and is not mp3. I tried it in Firefox but with the same results. Not sure what to do about that.

For the Welles site you don't use developer tools, you have to do it another way.

On the page containing each file you want, rightclick and view page source and do a search (ctrl-f) and look for m3u8.  There's 2 quality links, high and medium, choose which one you want and copy the link, ready to paste it somewhere.  Make sure you get the entire link, starting in https and ending with m3u8 (don't copy the quotation marks that surround it.)

Using VLC media player, in the Media menu choose the option 'Open Network Stream' and paste in the url you copied and select 'Play'. After about 5 seconds it'll start to play.  I know we're trying to save it not play it, but this will become useful later on if you want to use this technique on other sites because it might take you a few attempts to find the correct link, and we need to be able to find a playable link before we can save it.  (For other sites you may need to use developer tools to find a link that will stream in VLC.)  Now click stop to stop it playing, and onto the next stage...

So go to open network stream again, paste in the link, and from the dropdown menu where it says 'Play' select 'Convert'.  On the next screen click where it says 'Dump raw input' to select it.  This means you'll download the original file without any re-encoding.  Now click 'Browse' and choose where to save your file.  Now click 'Start'.  At this stage VLC will look like it's not doing anything, but don't worry, it's downloading.  Notice at the top of VLC it'll say 'Streaming'.  When the word Streaming has disappeared your download is complete. (The file might download with no file extension, so add .m4a if that happens.)  When I tried it they downloaded quite slowly, maybe 20 minutes for a 60 min file.  Check each file by playing it and skipping to the end to make sure it's complete as I found that sometimes the download would end without getting it all so you'd have a partial file.  Some required a 2nd attempt.  Also sometimes VLC seems to freeze after downloading and I had to kill the task with task manager, but the file was complete and usable.

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum on 2/10/2020, 2:10 pm

These tips are really helpful, egg crisis. Many thanks.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra on 3/18/2020, 10:25 am

scooper wrote:Ghemrats,  
How are you coming along with those singleton shows?  Me I am not fussy, if they have to be doubletons, you won't hear a squawk from me, or probably anybody else!  Very Happy Very Happy  

Or even tripletons!!!

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 3/18/2020, 2:09 pm

Sorry, old friend, I got distracted. I'll post some today.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 3/18/2020, 6:11 pm

Oh no--it's a SOAP FLOOD!   Click here to find the following:  Soapy Sales

1001 Wives  39.09.01
Amanda of Honeymoon Hill 1940  Grandmothers fight over Olive and Walter's baby
Arnold Grimm's Daughter  38.08.31 Stan's surprise
Behold A Woman 50.04.28
The Bennetts  45.11.20 Audition Show
Betty Jean Rhodes Show 39.05.05 What goes up
Blind Date  45.02.05  Arlene Francis Hosts
City Hospital  "I Don't Want To Look" AFRTS
Darling And Dearie  48.05.12  Audition show Honeymoon in NY
The Doorway To Life  47.09.10  The Story of Tommy
Emotion  49.07.06  Jetutura
Hello Joyce  51.08.31  Audition Women's talk show
Hogan's Daughter  49.07.12  Television
Hogan's Daughter 49.07.26  Looking for a job
Jane Arden  1939  Murder on an elevator
Judy And Jane  43.03.25 Dope cigarettes
Life And Love Of Dr. Susan
Louisa  51.03.04 Wedding preparations
Love Tales  1937 Show #15 Fire hazard
Marriage  53.11.22  Fred Hetzell visits
Marriage For Two  49.12.09 Mrs. Adams gets an upsetting phone call (90 m. of episodes)
50.01.03 (?) Mike has a blow-out with Loretta
50.01.06 (?) Pam and Roger on the train, surprise Vicki for dinner
50.01.13 (?) Vicki confides in Dad about Roger's new business deal with Pam
50.01.xx (?) Pam schemes while Vicki frets [Dorothy Dix promo at end]
50.xx.xx Pam is increasingly bothered by Roger's partnership with Pam and Martin,
resulting in a car accident!
Modern Romances  1944  NBC Show #1 Goodbye Darling
Palmolive Beauty Box 37.05.12
Sara's Private Caper  50.06. 15
Sentimental Bachelor  Audition
Travels of Mary Ward 37.03.05
Wings Over Jordan  1939 David Jones
World of Rosalyn Marlowe 46.05.15 Audition

That's tipping the iceberg, but at least they finally made it into the sunlight.
Enjoy.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by eliyahusimlevin on 3/18/2020, 10:36 pm

Thanks!
eliyahusimlevin
eliyahusimlevin

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 on 3/19/2020, 1:07 am

Good stuff!! Thanks!

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum on 3/19/2020, 1:15 am

Many thanks!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum