The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onesies and Twosies

+8
BobbyP
kdmarket
pnussbaum
mjnunes84
bojim1
Egg_Crisis
nightkey
lasombra
12 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Onesies and Twosies - Page 3 Empty Re: Onesies and Twosies

Post by nightkey 2/9/2021, 11:26 pm

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. I have changed it on the shared file.

BobbyP wrote:
nightkey wrote:This Is Our Enemy Nazi Youth 1942 should be 43-06-10

43-05-24 Germany's Big Mistake should be 43-05-20

By the way, The (bk) in the This is Our Enemy filenames means Ben Kibler. He marked files that way. Today would have been his birthday.

This is Our Enemy - Goldin lists 32 0f these . I have 4 any more around.

Andrew, shouldn't "43-07-28 Mussolini's Fascist State Express" be dated 43-07-29?
nightkey
nightkey

Jim9 and Wildcat44 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/10/2021, 8:15 am

Feb 10 1942

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This Nation at War

This Life is Mine

I have a few not in the OTRR Library

This Thing Called Life

From Goldindex

Those Fabulous Dorseys. October 23, 1953. NBC net, WMC, Memphis origination. Sustaining. A band remote from The Balinese Room of The Hotel Claridge, Memphis. The first tune is, "Hot Town Alley.". Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra With Jimmy Dorsey, Gordon Polk (vocal), Johnny Amoroso (vocal), Lynn Roberts (vocal), Jim Keys (announcer). 
Those Fabulous Dorseys. October 28, 1953. NBC net, WMC, Memphis origination. Sustaining. The program originates from "The Balinese Room" of The Hotel Claridge, Memphis. The first tune is, "Peace Pipe.". Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra With Jimmy Dorsey, Lynn Roberts (vocals), Johnny Amoroso (vocals), Gordon Polk (vocals), Bill Gillian (announcer).

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZqTlhXZC7P8lV89kGYtqWK4ctzhrHG2wf47

Wildcat44

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, scooper, Rearle1 and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/10/2021, 11:33 am

Those Fabulous Dorseys xx-xx-xx NBC. last song is Melancholy Serenade, from the Cafe Rouge of the Hotel Statler in NY:

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Wildcat44 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/11/2021, 10:14 am

Feb 11 1941

Those Halliday Gals - CBC

From Goldindex

Those Mad Masters. March 19, 1946. ABC net, KGO, San Francisco origination. Sustaining. Monte dreams that he's in training to be the world speed typing champion. A situation comedy format. Monte Masters, Natalie Masters

Those Sensational Years. February 18, 1947. Program #4. NBC net, Chicago origination. Sustaining. A re-enactment of the Dempsey-Tunney "long count." Dramatized biographies of boxing champions Gene Tunney and Jack Dempsey. Quin Ryan (narrator), Fred Killian (producer, director), Harrison Bingham (writer), Roy W. Windsor (writer), Bruce Case (composer), Rex Maupin (conductor), Paul Barnes, George Caesar, Mary Clare Maher, George Kluge, Arthur Hearn, Paul Belvedere, Skippy Aronson, Lee Walters (announcer). 

Those Sensational Years. March 11, 1947. Program #7. ABC net. Sustaining. The dramatized story of the 1927 murder of Albert Snyder. A photo of Ruth Snyder in the electric chair made journalistic history. The first 16:25 of the program. Quin Ryan (who became famous at WGN for his broadcasts of the Scopes Trial)

These 3 are not in the OTRR library

Three For Adventure. Command Radio Productions. "The Story Of Roundhouse Rosie and The Siamese Cat". An audition program for an adventure series very much like "I Love A Mystery." The three adventurers head for New Orleans to recover a stolen black opal that's worth a fortune. Elliott Lewis, Barton Yarborough, Jack Webb, Hy Averback, Lillian Buyeff, Sidney Miller, Jeanette Nolan, David Friedkin (producer, director). 

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/11/2021, 11:10 am

This Our Land 1-5-48 program 1 of 13:

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Rearle1 and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 2/11/2021, 11:35 am

This Nation at War should be 08/04/1942

Here is another This Nation at War. I don't have a date for it.

nightkey
nightkey

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Wildcat44, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 2/11/2021, 12:19 pm

This Life is Mine 440216 is the same program as This Life is mine xx-xx-xx Eden Felt Sure

The file has a picture of the transcription label. It is not clear to me if the date is supposed to be 440216 or 440217. Or maybe 440217 refers to the other side of the record.
nightkey
nightkey

CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44 and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/12/2021, 9:11 am

Feb 12 1941

From Goldindex

Three Hundred Party. April 27, 1946. Mutual net. Sustaining. "The World's Largest Network" welcomes its 300th affialate (WKRZ, Oil City, Pennsylvania). A variety show with The Shadow, other Mutual detectives and many many others. Tiny Ruffner, Elsa Maxwell, Xavier Cugat, Harry Savoy, Jack Dempsey, Bert Lahr, Randolph Scott, Donald Crisp, Dick Powell, Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce, Parker Fennelly.

Three Of A Kind. April 13, 1944. CBS net. Audition program. A comedy about three frauds pretending to be psychiatrists who try to "treat" patient Basil Rathbone. A well-written program, including an acerbic anti-Hitler sequence. Basil Rathbone, Hanley Stafford, Ilka Chase, Phil Rapp (writer, producer), Bert Lahr, John Brown, Wilbur Hatch (music)

Three Pairs and an Ace

Three Sheets To The Wind. Synmdicated. The story starts with, "The Sultan's Curse," a plice detective is found murdered on the waterfront.. Tay Garnet introduces a radio play that will later be made into a motion picture. If it ever filmed, it wasn't under the name "Three Sheets To The Wind" or wasn't directed by Tay Garnet or didn't star Brian Donlevy. This was possibly just a radio audition. Helga Moray ; Brian Donlevy; Tay Garnet (film director, spokesman); Edward Warren (composer);. 

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/12/2021, 12:11 pm

This is confusing. Goldin also lists Three Sheets to the Wind like this:
"Three Sheets To The Wind. February 15, 1942. Unknown. A radio preview of a picture that Tay Garnett hopes to make in the future. A wealthy sultan boards an ocean liner after a strange series of murders in London. John Wayne portrays a drunken American. A beautiful British spy has her eye on the Sultan. The first 15:16 of the program only. John Wayne, Ken Carpenter (announcer), Tay Garnett (host). 15:16."
Are these two different shows? Sure sounds like John Wayne in Wildcat44's program dated February 12.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/12/2021, 12:29 pm

The Three Musketeers, episodes 1 & 2:

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mjnunes84 2/12/2021, 1:12 pm

lasombra wrote:The Three Musketeers, episodes 1 & 2:

Really interesting! Are these audition recordings? I haven't found anything about this three musketeers series.

mjnunes84

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/12/2021, 2:28 pm

mjnunes84 wrote:

Really interesting! Are these audition recordings? I haven't found anything about this three musketeers series.

I don't have any information on the show. Golding lists one half hour version from 1948 but it stars Errol Flynn, not Victor Jory. I will assume they are auditions until I learn otherwise. Nightkey to the rescue?

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/13/2021, 10:08 am

Feb 13 1942

From Goldindex

Three Strikes and You're Out. January 12, 1941. KGKO, Dallas, Texas. Maudine For Dandruff, Maudine Shampoo. 4:00 P. M. The first show of the series. The program originates from The Peacock Terrace, atop the Baker Hotel in Dallas. Despite the name, this isn't a quiz about baseball. Jimmy McClain later became "Dr. I. Q." and sounds just like him. After reading the convoluted rules of the game, Jimmy admits, "This may sound complicated." Dallas vs. Fort Worth. The first questionn is, "When do two and two make make more than four?". Jimmy McClain (quizmaster), Perry Dickey (announcer), Larry Rhodes ("umpire"). 
Three Strikes and You're Out. January 19, 1941. Program #2. KGKO, Dallas, Texas. Maudine For Dandruff, Maudine Shampoo. 4:00 P. M. The program originates from The Peacock Terrace of the Baker Hotel in Dallas. The question is, "What is today?". Jimmy McClain (quizmaster), Perry Dickey (announcer), Larry Rhodes ("umpire")

The Thrill Hunter. Program #3. Syndicated. "Ghost In The Cemetery". A man is accused of murdering an old man in a French cemetery, but the corpse was already dead, and had committed suicide anyway! The body of the program only, no open, close, or commercials

Through The Opera Glass. July 31, 1952. KECA, Los Angeles. Sustaining. The first show of the series (possibly the only one). This evening's opera is, "Carmen." A very well written satire. "B. Monkhouse Smith" comments during the intermission about Schubert's "Unfinished Symphony." Don't miss "The Toreador Song," sung in Yiddish! "Deems Anderson" comments, "Arturo Spumoni" conducts. Frank Morris (director)

Thunder In The Valley. December, 1950. Christmas Seal syndication. Christmas Seal fund appeal. The story of how the National Tuberculosis Association got an X-Ray machine for a small town. Hugh Chain (writer, producer), Ben Ludlow (music director). 

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Rearle1 and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/13/2021, 12:01 pm

This Song Is Yours audition 1st song I'm So Lucky:

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, nightkey, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/13/2021, 1:37 pm

lasombra wrote:
mjnunes84 wrote:

I don't have any information on the show. Golding lists one half hour version from 1948 but it stars Errol Flynn, not Victor Jory. I will assume they are auditions until I learn otherwise. Nightkey to the rescue?

WJZ New York had a 15-minute series by that name October-December 1933 at 7:15 p.m. That might be it.
BobbyP
BobbyP

CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, lasombra and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/13/2021, 1:56 pm

Here are 2 more These Four Men I found in my unsorted stuff. Dates???

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Rearle1 and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/13/2021, 2:18 pm

This Is Moscow
September 14, 1955

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/13/2021, 2:26 pm

Thomas Mann, 1929 Nobel Prize Winner in Literature
April 15, 1937

Speaking at Dinner, Graduate Faculty of Political and Social Science, at Sherry's.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/13/2021, 2:35 pm

Wildcat44 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here are 2 more These Four Men I found in my unsorted stuff. Dates???

Thanks to the information on your files I was able to date the series. Thanks.
Winston Churchill 9-7-41
Joseph Stalin 9-14-41
Adolph Hitler 9-21-41
Franklin D Roosevelt 9-28-41

Here's the one we're missing, Adolph Hitler. I didn't post it before because it's missing open and close.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Rearle1 and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/13/2021, 3:56 pm

Thank you lasombra

as always

Wildcat44

lasombra likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/14/2021, 9:08 am

From Goldindex
Tim and Irene. September 20, 1936. Program #13. Red net, WEAF, New York aircheck. Jell-O, Bulova Watch (local). The program is also called, "The Jell-O Summer Show" and is the summer replacement series for Jack Benny. The first tune is, "Bye, Bye, Baby." Vaudeville lives! Who will open the show?. Tim Ryan, Irene Ryan, Don Wilson (m.c.), Donald Voorhees and His Orchestra, Morton Bowe. 

Tim and Irene. September 27, 1936. Red net, WEAF, New York aircheck. Jell-O, Bulova Watch (local). "The Jell-O Summer Program." The fourteenth and last show of the series, Jack Benny returns to the air next Sunday. The first tune is, "There Goes My Attraction." Don tries to get back his $5. Tim Ryan, Irene Ryan (Irene Noblett), Donald Voorhees and His Orchestra, Don Wilson (m.c.), Morton Bowe. 

Time for Jazz

Time For Love. February 04, 1954. CBS net origination, German rebroadcast. "Counterfeit Money". The program is introduced and narrated in German. The story itself is in English as heard on CBS, the German narration has been added. Dianne La Volte is arrested for throwing a bomb at the airport. Marlene Dietrich, Robert Readick, Murray Burnett (producer, director), Lee Vines (English announcer

The Time; The Place and The Tune. April 19, 1947. NBC net. Sustaining. The first tune is "The Lady In Red." An announcement is made that "Your Hit Parade" will begin again in this time slot next week. This program has also een dated July 19, 1947. Bob Stanton, Lucille Norman, Phil Ohman (host, pianist), The Californians, The Hollywood Radio City Orchestra, Henry Russell (conductor), Don Stanley (announcer), Howard Wiley (producer), Betty Mears (writer)

Feb 14 1942 - 

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/14/2021, 12:27 pm

Thoughts And Stories Of England, The White Cliffs of Dover:

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Rearle1 and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 2/14/2021, 6:19 pm

In my collection, this is an episode of a series called Anthology, either dated 540502 or 550302 with around 57 episodes available.

lasombra wrote:Thoughts And Stories Of England, The White Cliffs of Dover:

nightkey
nightkey

kdmarket, lasombra and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 2/14/2021, 6:40 pm

Hey Bobby, this is good research but one thing that would auger against that is a New York newspaper listed John Brewster as D'Artagnan for the October 1933 broadcast, while this show has Victor Jory.

BobbyP wrote:
lasombra wrote:
mjnunes84 wrote:

WJZ New York had a 15-minute series by that name October-December 1933 at 7:15 p.m. That might be it.
nightkey
nightkey

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, lasombra and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 2/15/2021, 9:23 am

Feb 15 1942

From Goldindex

Time To Shine. May 16, 1939. CBS net, WABC, New York aircheck. Griffin Shoe Polish. Music by the band plus various vocalists. Also a five minute "Picture Taken From Life" feature with Robert Trout reporting from Quebec City about the arrival of King George to North America. Robert Trout (reporter), Hal Kemp and His Orchestra.

Time to Tell- Australian

Times Square - NBC Harold Huber

Timex All-Star Jazz Show. December 30, 1957. Program #1. NBC-TV net audio aircheck. Timex. The first tune heard is, "Apple Honey." The last tune is the traditional jam session to, "The Saints" ("When The Saints Go Marching In"). Bobby Hackett, Carmen MacRae (from Chicago), Charlie Ventura, Cozy Cole, The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Duke Ellington and His Orchestra (from Chicago), Gene Krupa, Jack Teagarden, Johnny Desmond, Louis Armstrong and His All-Stars, Steve Allen (host), Woody Herman and His Orchestra, Dwight Hemion (contributor), Eddie Safranski (contributor), John Cameron Swayze (commercial spokesman), Burt Collins, Bernie Glow, Doug Mettome, Jim Dahl, Willie Dennis, Bill Harris, Al Cohn, Paul Quinichette, Zoot Sims, Sol Schlinger, Nat Pierce, Chubby Jackson, Don Lamond, Trummy Young, Edmond Hall, Billy Kyle, Arvell Shaw, Barrett Deems, Paul Desmond, Norman Bates, Joe Morello, Cat Anderson, Harold Baker, Willie Cook, Clark Terry, Ray Nance, Quentin Jackson, Britt Woodman, John Sanders, Johnny Hodges, Russell Procope, Paul Gonsalves, Jimmy Hamilton, Harry Carney, Jimmy Woode, Sam Woodyard, Ray Bryant, Ike Isaacs, Specs Wright, Charlie Ventura, Bobby Scott, Peanuts Hucko, Marty Napoleon, June Christy. 

Date ?? Dec 30 1957 0r Jan 2 1958\

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, lasombra, Rearle1 and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum