The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what happened to the cobalt club site??

+15
spidey45
Rosebud
YankeeLemon
ChloeDancer
pnussbaum
CompleteDayMan
greybelt
bojim1
jb_steele
artatoldotr
ghemrats
bicho
Harlow Wilcox
Razzilla
Space Cadet
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what happened to the cobalt club site?? - Page 2 Empty Re: what happened to the cobalt club site??

Post by Space Cadet 7/23/2016, 4:39 pm

Welcome Spidey,

We're hoping that the old digs may some day return, but at least we still have the ability to muddle along regardless. This place isn't as posh as the "Real" Cobalt Club, but it has lots of heart. And the club has always been about the members and OTR.

I just wish there was more to laugh about around here. We need some fun. Perhaps me needs to think about that... hmmm.....

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

what happened to the cobalt club site?? - Page 2 Empty Re: what happened to the cobalt club site??

Post by ghemrats 7/23/2016, 6:59 pm

Need more fun, Space?

Two cannibals were sitting around the fire one night, chewing the fat, when one said to the other, "Hey, man, I really hate your brother-in-law." His colleague turned to him and responded, "Well, then, just eat the noodles."

Barump bump.
More posting to come in the Whale Room.
We'll get this joint jumpin'.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Oday450 8/10/2016, 11:31 am

Mornin' All,

Has there been any update on what happened to the old Cobalt Club and the founders and maintainers? Just to have gone off the air with no contact is unusual I would think.
Oday450
Oday450

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 8/10/2016, 6:08 pm

Oday450 wrote:Mornin' All,

Has there been any update on what happened to the old Cobalt Club and the founders and maintainers?  Just to have gone off the air with no contact is unusual I would think.

Nothing but rumors at this time. I just hope that all is well with our old friends. And that some day, they can come riding back into town and join us again.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oday450 8/11/2016, 11:15 am

Thanks Space. Like you, just concerned and wishing all the best.
Oday450
Oday450

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 8/19/2016, 4:03 pm

Hello Folks,

been shanghaied in the south pacific fighting the red hand.

So what happened to the old site. Well Nick and I moved it to a friend of his who gave us the space for free. Nick retired from his job at the institute he was IT at for years. And the site had a hiccup and since we weren't actually formally on the server as its its free don't complain we lost access to it. Unlike the old server I could not access the free one so could not get into repair the site. Could not even pull the old backup off. I am still trying to get a hold of retired Nick. Old Bean Mars came and found me. I remembered Space had set this up. In between all this I took a new job in another country and yes actually went home to Ireland. I am somewhere around Dublin fighting the good fight and missing old friends. I will see what I can do to get things back or maybe just stay here. The Internet has moved on from the old days of the CC folks its over 20 years now since I was first in the club with Nick and a few others. Its crazy how time flies. Will try to hang around in here whenever I can its nice to see so many friends found their way here. I have no idea what happened to Niles. Lets see if we can find out. I will scan threads here try to get up to speed.

Last edited by CCSeamus on 8/20/2016, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harleyrider 8/20/2016, 12:46 am

Glad to see you're are still with us and all is well with you.
harleyrider
harleyrider

Back to top Go down

what happened to the cobalt club site?? - Page 2 Empty HAPPY DAY

Post by Space Cadet 8/20/2016, 7:26 am

Yup, this is definitely a HAPPY DAY!!!

WELCOME BACK, BOSS!!!

My greatest worry wasn't about The Cobalt Club continuing. It was that the members be well and together, for when you returned. Knowing that you're well is a huge weight lifted. Now let's hope that the rest of the family can find their way back home.

Folk's, this isn't The Cobalt Club. It's just a temporary haven for the family, until we can get the house back in order. But there's no urgency in getting those Hallowed Halls back in business. As long as The Family is together, the location is secondary. So take your time Boss. The Family is still together, safe and carrying on. We can last as long as needed.

Of course that doesn't mean we won't be excited and eager now, about the future of The Cobalt Club. And your return has given us something to be excited and eager about.

Yup, definitely a HAPPY DAY!!!  Very Happy

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 8/20/2016, 10:23 am

Space, Harley, Otrwash and everyone who has contacted me thanks for the words. Its good being back in the club again. Like they say time flies when you are having fun. I got hold of Nick so lets see what we can do to have some fun. Technology has changed so new opportunities have emerged to move files around the Interweb.

Its always nice to be able to count on friends. Through thick and thin Cobalters have been here.

View out the window. I am part of a coastal rowing team so I am out and about more than not. Just a pic so you can see where I go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 8/20/2016, 11:04 am

Your re-emergence is great news! We've been trying to hold the fort as best we can.

These digs are just fine, and when it's time, perhaps enhancing them can be a subject worth pursuing.

Welcome back!

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 8/21/2016, 1:30 pm

Welcome home CCSeamus

It's great to see you are still well and obviously getting great exercise by rowing.

Congrats to the 2 brothers that won a silver medal in Rowing at the Olympics

Best regards

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 8/23/2016, 5:08 pm

Just got back from a row. Beautiful evening warm but muggy. We were in fine form. Saw lots of seals and a large ocean liner off for sunny vacations. Nothing better than being down by the sea. Could be the line of any old radio show.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 8/23/2016, 6:01 pm

CCSeamus wrote:Just got back from a row. Beautiful evening warm but muggy. We were in fine form. Saw lots of seals and a large ocean liner off for sunny vacations. Nothing better than being down by the sea. Could be the line of any old radio show.

Yup, it could be a line in lots of shows. But the World Adventurer's Club popped into mind right away. Now I've gotta dig out an old disk.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bicho 11/14/2016, 5:18 pm

is there some News or update of the Situation of the original cobalt Club? it works fine here, too, but it´s not the original one!!
something is missing in my daily Routine...--or am i getting old??
(i know, loosing my shoes in the jump jivin´whale room was a disaster- the smell must be terrible now...)

Keep boppin´
marcel

bicho

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 11/14/2016, 8:07 pm

bicho wrote:is there some News or update of the Situation of the original cobalt Club? it works fine here, too, but it´s not the original one!!
something is missing in my daily Routine...--or am i getting old??
(i know, loosing my shoes in the jump jivin´whale room was a disaster- the smell must be terrible now...)

Keep boppin´
marcel  

Nothing new Bicho. We're still soldiering on, hoping that some day our fearless leader can find the time in his hectic life, to resurrect the phoenix which is The Cobalt Club once more. I keep this "Shadow of What Once Was" alive, to give old friends a place to gather and share and to keep at least one "Pure" and free OTR site alive online. And to keep that group of friends together, until Cobaltia has the chance to once more rise.

I just wish we could approach the old traditional levels of zany behavior, which set The Cobalt Club apart from all those other sites.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 11/14/2016, 10:39 pm

Space wrote:
I just wish we could approach the old traditional levels of zany behavior, which set The Cobalt Club apart from all those other sites wrote:

No worries, my friend. Give me a little time and I'll rassle up some zaniness that is contagious.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by JimBollman 3/13/2017, 10:28 am

Been gone for awhile. I tried checking in a few times over the last year or so and figured you all were gone forever. Decided to Google around to see what happened and found you. Not sure how often I will drop in but will try.

Big change for me is finally gave up on Western NY and moved to NE TN a couple of years ago.

Jim...
JimBollman
JimBollman

Back to top Go down

Post by jb_steele 3/13/2017, 11:03 am

JimBollman wrote:Been gone for awhile.
Jim...
Welcome back
jb_steele
jb_steele

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/profile-163183/

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 3/13/2017, 6:30 pm

We've been keeping your special table and seat under the Moose Head, Jim. It's great to have you back, old friend.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by JimBollman 3/15/2017, 8:59 am

Thanks for the welcome, glad my table is still available. Bring on the RC.

Jim...
JimBollman
JimBollman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/21/2017, 10:42 pm

Hey Jim,

good to see you back. Checking folks still busy as a one arm paper hanger in a wall paper factory. I should be slowing down but have added more chaos. I will never learn.

Did we ever find Capt. Old Niles??

Happy New Year LOL took me three months to roll in the door...
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/26/2017, 12:19 am

Howdy Jim,

Welcome back. Yup, the Ol' gang still exists and Cobaltia continues, such as it is. Sorry I didn't welcome you home earlier. But I've been on an adventure for most of the last couple of weeks and was roughin' it with just a cell phone for interweb communication.

No Seamus, still no word from Niles. I hope that he's well, wherever he is.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JimBollman 3/26/2017, 9:06 am

Thanks for the welcomes, good to see some familiar faces.

I had a couple of very old eMail address's for Nile, we use to live fairly close to each other (20 or so miles) and actually met face to face once to exchange some CDs. I sent off an eMail to see if they are still good and told him he was missed. So far they haven't bounced.

Jim...
JimBollman
JimBollman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/26/2017, 5:30 pm

Oh it would be grand if Niles made his way back to the club. For now this is the club. No matter where we are we are the Cobalt Club. Anyone know how long we been together I am thinking close to twenty years and that is plain amazing. Such great memories of this place. Carries you through silly days.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/26/2017, 6:35 pm

Boss, this is the earliest page from the old digs, archived in The Wayback Machine. It's from March 13, 1999. And I'm pretty sure that this wasn't the original format. So, we're in at least our 18th. year as a group.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next