Is there any interest in Resurrecting the Pulps Area?

Go down

Is there any interest in Resurrecting the Pulps Area? Empty Is there any interest in Resurrecting the Pulps Area?

Post by Space Cadet on 6/20/2016, 12:09 pm

Is there enough interest in my beginning to share digitized Pulp Magazines here, to justify the effort? I have a couple of thousand at this time, so it would be a long term project. And of course, much of it will be determined by my limited time. But if there's enough interest, I'll give it a shot.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is there any interest in Resurrecting the Pulps Area? Empty Re: Is there any interest in Resurrecting the Pulps Area?

Post by chad3006 on 7/19/2017, 9:54 am

I'm new here, but for what it's worth, I'd be interested.
chad3006
chad3006

Back to top Go down

Is there any interest in Resurrecting the Pulps Area? Empty Re: Is there any interest in Resurrecting the Pulps Area?

Post by Space Cadet on 7/19/2017, 4:00 pm

Welcome to The Annex. I'm still toying with the idea. The biggest factor holding me back, is time. I just don't have a lot right now. And this board isn't the cause of my time constraints. It's all of those stupid grown up responsibilities in my "real" life.

But it's still a real possibility in the not too distant future.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet on 5/26/2019, 12:06 pm

Bump.

Yup, I'm toyin' with the idea of adding Pulp Magazines to the mix in about a month. I should finally have time from that point forward. I have a couple thousand in digital format and the list continues to grow. Sci-Fi, Adventure, Horror, Detective, Western, Romance and more.

Wanna get lost in some classic Weird Tales?
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus on 5/26/2019, 5:16 pm

I got my vote in as a huge yes. Love the pulps. Doc Savage is a fave. The Phantom, so much great stuff..
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum on 5/26/2019, 6:27 pm

I'm in! Thanks for the offer.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnywinkler on 7/10/2019, 5:17 pm

It's a yes for me too

jonnywinkler

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats on 7/11/2019, 12:45 pm

"You must be reading my mail," I said smiling inwardly. It was hot in the city, the air so close you couldn't move it with a court order. A little fresh air would be as welcome as splash of red pop over a glacier of ice tinkling in a shot glass. "So, yeah," I said to Space, "throw on some Eau de Pulp cologne and let's crack a few knuckles."
Jeff Suspect

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet on 7/11/2019, 1:44 pm

I'm actually lookin' at the possibility right now. The biggest issue is online storage and transfer. Let's do a test right now. This is Amazing Stories Vol.1 #1 in CBR format. You'll need a Comic Book Reader app in order to read the pulps in this form. I still use CDisplay on Windoze desktop and Yac Reader on a Surface tablet. But there are free readers for just about every hardware variant. Just search for "Free Comic Book Reader App."

I use Mediafire as my usual host for these files. And I have a ton of Pulps from many titles.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum on 7/11/2019, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the offer, Space, but my McAffee will not allow me access to Mediafire.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by paulgeaf on 3/29/2020, 9:26 am

Space Cadet wrote:I'm actually lookin' at the possibility right now. The biggest issue is online storage and transfer. Let's do a test right now. This is Amazing Stories Vol.1 #1 in CBR format. You'll need a Comic Book Reader app in order to read the pulps in this form. I still use CDisplay on Windoze desktop and Yac Reader on a Surface tablet. But there are free readers for just about every hardware variant. Just search for "Free Comic Book Reader App."

I use Mediafire as my usual host for these files. And I have a ton of Pulps from many titles.

Well I just downloaded that and it looks great. You did a sterling job on the scan! Did I miss the pulps area? Or did you not do it in the end? I have never read one before so I'm going to get stuck into this one today and see how it goes. Looks like fun.
Thanks!
paulgeaf
paulgeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet on 3/29/2020, 2:01 pm

Paul, I never started the Pulps area. Mostly, because it would have been a one man show (me) and I'm not sure I'd be able to dedicate the time it deserves.

However, if you or anyone else would like to go directly to the source, the Pulpscans groups is on groups.io now. And you can join there to get tons of Pulp Magazines and more. They've also scanned most of the classic Ace Double and Single novels.

Here's a link to the group.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum on 3/29/2020, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the tip! I'd love to see some.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by paulgeaf on 4/1/2020, 4:35 pm

Hey Space Cadet, pity it wasn't possible but I can sympathise. It can be a lot of work updating daily. I've had a few websites and well, they can become a task instead of a pleasure, and that's no good. It must be fun!
Thanks for the link, I shall have a look. Smile
paulgeaf
paulgeaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum