The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lights Out

+6
nightkey
emruf7
BobbyP
jerry6
artatoldotr
Harlow Wilcox
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lights Out - Page 2 Empty Re: Lights Out

Post by dbf 12/11/2019, 4:32 pm

Wow, I thought for sure this must be a mislabelled file as I've never heard of any pre-1937 episodes existing. What an amazing find. Shame it's a low-res mp3, would be great to track down a source copy. I usually don't do this (processing an mp3 "source" to improve sound), but in this case since there's no lossless version for now, I wanted to try as I found the mp3 so difficult to listen to. Here it is for those that want it - I didn't get rid of all the noise as I hate "submarine artifacts" and also when too much treble gets removed. It's still not particularly pleasant to listen to, but better than nada....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I haven't actually listened to the completed finished result so if anything sticks out, let me know.

dbf

Back to top Go down

Post by nickp57 12/15/2019, 1:20 pm

Seeing Crunklydunks' post from back in August looking for the Radiola version of Murder Castle. Doesn't look like anyone else posted that particular version so here's a FLAC of it. Also throwing in an Mp3 of a different version I have that sounds cleaner to me.

Lights Out: Murder Castle (RADIOLA)

Lights Out: Murder Castle Mp3

nickp57

Back to top Go down

Post by nickp57 12/15/2019, 8:49 pm

This post from Martin Grams has A Room for the Night dated at July 13, 1938 rather than the April 17, 1935 date on here. Thoughts?

nickp57

Back to top Go down

Post by dbf 12/15/2019, 9:25 pm

nickp57 wrote:This post from Martin Grams has A Room for the Night dated at July 13, 1938 rather than the April 17, 1935 date on here. Thoughts?

The newspaper clipping posted earlier makes me believe that 1935 is more likely, plus the month of April is mentioned in the recording. The Lights Out episode guide on Wiki has "The Peacock Shrieks" for 7-13-38. The guide has no titles for 1935 and no other versions with the title "Room For The Night" appear to be used elsewhere, so the 4-17-35 airdate is the most likely of the two....which is amazing that we'd have a 1935 recording of Lights Out first season(!).... I wonder what the source was - a private recording for someone...not sure home recordings were possible back then ?

dbf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2