The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar

+23
Dan Fielding
Gordon Johansen
mjnunes84
pnussbaum
Sagebrush.1
rodney4130
William Hogan
Rearle1
bojim1
otrhead
kdmarket
eliyahusimlevin
mstevens90
Wildcat44
Harlow Wilcox
artatoldotr
greybelt
jerry6
BobbyP
Tom-In-Ohio
Geezer
ghemrats
otrwashh
27 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar - Page 16 Empty Re: Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar

Post by greybelt 8/15/2020, 6:57 am

Here's a Mandel Kramer upgrade... These YTJD upgrades will be done by Monday... and then back to Suspense!

YTJD 1961-07-23 745 The Old Fashioned Murder Matter UPGRADE.mp3
Degoo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hubiC [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, pnussbaum and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 8/15/2020, 8:24 am

Thanks greybelt
Best regards

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 8/16/2020, 6:55 am

This episode has always been bad, and it also had a patched open. It's a little better here, with the patch removed (I took it off fast so it might hurt less).
YTJD 1962-05-27 788 The Zipp Matter UPGRADE LQ (removed incorrect open).mp3

AFRTS version found. It's a little better than the network version in common circulation, but both could use an upgrade.
YTJD 1962-07-29 797 The Four's a Crowd Matter [AFRTS].mp3

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 8/16/2020, 8:06 am

Thanks greybelt

Best regards

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 8/17/2020, 6:19 am

YTJD 1962-09-02 802 The Doninger Doninger Matter UPGRADE.mp3

This is it for YTJD for now... head over to Suspense tomorrow...

greybelt
greybelt

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, artatoldotr, Oday450, bojim1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 8/17/2020, 8:58 am

Thanks greybelt

Best regards
Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 8/17/2020, 12:12 pm

What a great run this has been! Thanks, greybelt!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

greybelt and lasombra like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 8/17/2020, 11:45 pm

Thanks for all the great shows you share!

bojim1

CRGibson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oday450 8/18/2020, 10:01 am

Thanks Greybelt. Your efforts and generosity are greatly appreciated.
Oday450
Oday450

Back to top Go down

Post by mjnunes84 8/18/2020, 11:45 am

Thanks, Greybelt.

mjnunes84

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Johansen 8/18/2020, 11:34 pm

Thanks so much for the upgrades Greybelt. They have been wonderful to listen to.

Gordon Johansen

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 9/7/2020, 6:33 pm

John Abbott author of the books about the Johnny Dollar series has published a web page of Bailey's appearances on radio series and in specific programs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The site can also lead you to photos of BB in movies and TV and also new info since the most recent edition of the YTJD series was published. John would also like to hear from others who may have additional information for the page. Enjoy!

greybelt
greybelt

artatoldotr, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and scooper like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck Benny 9/16/2020, 4:09 pm

Presenting the 15 minute shows in great quality weekly this year.  I do a little intro then present the whole week/story in one file.

Here is the first one.  Tell me if you want me to post more.

Johnny Dollar Podcast 1956-09-03 to 09-07 Alan Reed and Richard Crenna -The Curse of Kamashek Matter

Buck Benny

Jim9, artatoldotr, bojim1, kdmarket, Tom-In-Ohio, Wildcat44 and jerry6 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 9/17/2020, 8:36 am

thanks Buck
Brest regards
Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry6 10/11/2020, 2:53 pm

Buck Benny wrote:Presenting the 15 minute shows in great quality weekly this year.  I do a little intro then present the whole week/story in one file.

Here is the first one.  Tell me if you want me to post more.

Johnny Dollar Podcast 1956-09-03 to 09-07 Alan Reed and Richard Crenna -The Curse of Kamashek Matter

sorry i get page cannot be found

jerry6

CRGibson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 9/28/2021, 7:24 pm

The other day I put up some YTJD 5-parters that are AFRS versions in the Hehn Collection pages at archive.org. The 6-part Kranesburg Matter was edited down to 5 parts by the AFRS! It is detailed and deciphered on the page.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For years, early collectors had only these AFRS versions of a few 5-parters and they were in bad sound. These have been processed to be much better. There are a few stray episodes that still need to be posted but these are the only complete 5-episode stories in the Hehn collection.

The network 5-parters did not come out until the late 1970s and were in superior sound. Early collectors did not take YTJD seriously -- think about it -- if they started collecting in 1967, YTJD was just five years ago... so it couldn't have been from the golden age of radio!

I did not realize how deep the feeling was until I saw the lack of YTJD from the end of its run these tape collections. It made sense -- even late era Suspense and Gunsmoke were missing.

It was the later collectors who had access to the better sounding 5-parters who grew to appreciate YTJD and especially Bob Bailey. Today, 5-part YTJD is the favorite series on the SiriusXM RadioClassics channel. The original collectors would be quite surprised... and would most likely love it as much as we do after they heard them in high quality sound without the hum and the hiss and speed problems (most of this AFRS batch was 8% fast!).

greybelt
greybelt

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, nightkey, artatoldotr, Oday450, bojim1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry6 11/8/2021, 11:56 am

Thanks it's nice to hear the 5 part JD with clear clean audio , just listened to the old recordings and the new , big difference

jerry6

greybelt, CRGibson and bojim1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/19/2022, 5:15 am

We have a lot of YTJD upgrades on their way. These won't be posted with extensive newspaper clippings and such. The authority on all these things is John Abbott and his marvelous books available at Bear Manor Media with Kindle versions available at Amazon if you want to save some money. Remember, Amazon has free software that you can use to open Kindle books; you don't need to buy a Kindle. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The postings will cite the page number that are in the second edition of John's books. Please also note John's update page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is unlikely there will be a third edition of John's book, so this page will be the place where new information is added for us.

Today's episode is in V1, page 201
YTJD 1951-06-09 099 The George Farmer Matter UPGRADE.mp3
Degoo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (may reach daily cap -- please use this first and post if you have problems Feb 20 2022 and after)
Alternative hubiC [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by greybelt on 2/19/2022, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Johansen 2/19/2022, 12:27 pm

Either something else is going on or these are going to be really popular Greybelt. I just tried to download it and your daily cap had been reached.

As an aside, I've been listening to the Mandel Kramer episodes recently and while the writing is not up to earlier standards in my opinion, I certainly don't mind his portrayal of the part. I was initially surprised to hear the name as I remembered him from Counterspy but nothing else. I had no idea he was on TV too and played the police chief on the soap, Edge of Night, for 20 years. The funny thing is that show was the only one my mom ever watched but I guess I was too young to remember the actors.

Gordon Johansen

artatoldotr and Tom-In-Ohio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 2/19/2022, 12:51 pm

Same info for me

Best regards
Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/19/2022, 6:25 pm

I have posted an alternative link.... please go to the post and use hubiC today -- I'm trying to figure out what's up with Degoo in the meantime. So if you can try that first if you are downloading on Feb 20 or later, please let me know if you have problems.

greybelt
greybelt

pnussbaum and jerry6 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry6 2/19/2022, 6:35 pm

thank you greybelt THAT WORKED

jerry6

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/20/2022, 8:44 am

Today's episode is in John Abbott's second edition V1, page 206
YTJD 1951-06-27 102 The Hatchet House Theft Matter UPGRADE.mp3
hubiC

My free Degoo account has reached some kind of limit, so I will use hubiC for the time being. A support request has been filed with Degoo.

I can get more Degoo space and headroom if others join in. The basic free plan is 100GB. I get an additional 5GB each time someone new joins and so does that new joiners. I'm up to 125GB so far.

hubiC is closed to new users; it was a cloud R&D project, and when they decided to switch to a different kind of cloud business, they decided to let all the hubiC users continue and not shut down the service. That was really nice compared to a few years ago when Barracuda Systems shut down copy.com with 30 days notice. Kudos to the hubiC R&D team!

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, pnussbaum, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 2/20/2022, 12:12 pm

thanks greybelt

Best regards

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Johansen 2/20/2022, 12:55 pm

You should have another 5gb now Greybelt. It was easy to do. Thanks again for posting the upgrades.

Gordon Johansen

greybelt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next