The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important War Bulletin

3 posters

Go down

Important War Bulletin Empty Important War Bulletin

Post by ghemrats 3/13/2022, 3:14 pm

This just in from the home office in Omer, Michigan:

In our constant War Against Litigious Zealotry, let's all be mindful of a couple rules here at the Club: 1.) No shows from the BBC can be posted here, and B.) No shows after 1962 should show their psychedelic faces on the premises. This long-standing rule is offered as a public service and not a rebuke to any member, but a simple reminder that occasionally shows sneak through our lines of demarcation and threaten The Cobalt's sanctity from Outside Forces.

In 99.92% of cases where post-'62 or Beeb shows ARE posted, it's a simple momentary lapse of reason or a totally honest mistake. But since we are a genteel club filled with genteel gentlepeople, we just need to be extra vigilant in such matters.

Thanks go out to everyone who posts in good faith, with wishes that we continue to set the standard for appreciative preservation of old radio, collectors and an occasional bacon, lettuce and mutton--which is so lean, hmmm, I love that.

In harmony and blessings,
Jeff (GHEMRATS Hit Man)

ghemrats

Space Cadet, Seamus and pnussbaum like this post

Back to top Go down

Important War Bulletin Empty Re: Important War Bulletin

Post by pnussbaum 3/13/2022, 3:32 pm

Amen, Jeff. I've had one or two mistakes asking for inappropriate postings over the years and I'm grateful I was corrected with tact.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Space Cadet, Seamus and timbabwe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/13/2022, 7:36 pm

Folk's, we make mistakes. It happens, we correct it, then we move on. We're human.

I know our copyright rules can at times be frustrating. Especially compared to what goes on on other boards. But here we respect copyrights and the intellectual properties of others. It's the law and it's the ethical thing to do. And sticking to these rules is one of the reasons that The Cobalt Club is one of the longest lived Old Time Radio groups on the web.

Now, drinks are on the house at Frenchie's for the next thirty two and a half minutes. Anyone needing a designated driver see Jeff. I'm dumping it on him for putting mutton on a BLT and forgetting the T. I like mine on toasted French Bread, slathered in Mayo and with extra B. My mutton sammiches include sauteed garlic and onion on toasted sourdough, with a balsamic reduction sauce.

Thanks a lot Jeff, now I'm hungry.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

ghemrats, Seamus and pnussbaum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down