The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost CAROL Found!

2 posters

Go down

Lost CAROL Found! Empty Lost CAROL Found!

Post by wich2 12/8/2023, 11:19 am

Fellow Sharers!

Here's a free Merry Merry invite ~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks to several gracious hosts, I've been blessed to do over a decade of Streaming CHRISTMAS CAROL shows, offering rare and wonderful versions of Mr. Dickens' "Fifth Gospel." Join us for the re-premiere of one of my favorite fellow Scrooge's productions - unheard for 3/4 of a century!

(Plus special surprises...)

Bless your Holidays,
- Craig

wich2

Red_Eagle, pnussbaum and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Lost CAROL Found! Empty Re: Lost CAROL Found!

Post by wich2 12/22/2023, 2:41 pm

And ~

One of my gracious host teams, Johnny Holmes & Helen Holmes, have made their Archived stream of our show available for a while. My segment begins at about 90m.; but there are several other Christmas surprises before that!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Merriest,
- Craig

wich2

gathol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 1/14/2024, 1:05 pm

Thank you for linking this wich2! I received a double surprise to find out it was a missing episode of Mayor of the Town.

The Mayor Of The Town. December 21, 1946. CBS net, WJAS, Pittsburgh aircheck. "A Christmas Carol". Sponsored by: Noxema, Parker Pen (local). 8:30 P.M. Lionel Barrymore's holiday radio performance. The program title is announced as, "A Christmas Carol," but it's listed as, "The Mayor Of The Town" as the program was broadcast in the program's regular time slot with similar cast members. The program is followed at 8:55 P.M. by "Ned Calmer and The News.". Lionel Barrymore, Agnes Moorehead, Conrad Binyon, Ned Calmer (newscaster). 29:34, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

gathol

wich2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wich2 1/14/2024, 1:52 pm

Gathol, this life-long CAROLer, and sometime Scrooge, says, "I thank you fifty times!"

Though the graciousness of several hosts, I've been blessed to do these Yuletide Webcasts for about 13 years now. And another blessing has been generous folks like Dave Goldin (who I mentioned as source of this one), and Jerry Haendiges, who I identified the 1947 Barrymore for.

Stay tuned - God willing, there may be more to come... Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Best,
- Craig

P.S. - Do you know of my book on the subject?

wich2

gathol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down