The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Write a Show Summary Win a Prize

2 posters

Go down

Write a Show Summary Win a Prize Empty Write a Show Summary Win a Prize

Post by Seamus 3/25/2019, 10:37 am

Folks the gang and I have been churning out show summaries at a rapid pace. (greybelt has been up for 3 nights in a row getting the type to us. Give the man a break folks). But, we need more. So calling all cars....get your typewriters out, get your pencils, write up a summary and let me know I will post it you can do it yourself if you like. We ain't looking for Bill Shake&Bake here, if you love a show have a go. I can edit and make it look swanky.

Everyone who writes a summary will get a lifetime free membership to the Cobalt Club and unlimited swimming privileges in the three pools and even the rock pool in Capt's cave on sublevel six.(At your own risk)

So get involved tell your friends lets have a swell time as show summaries help folks new to OTR find their way. So let's get them done it makes the CC the premiere site in the whole wide world for OTR. Or as far as the Yankee clipper flies.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Write a Show Summary Win a Prize Empty Re: Write a Show Summary Win a Prize

Post by Wiscotr 7/4/2019, 10:21 pm

Hi Seamus, I am a new member of the Cobalt Club. I noticed that no one took you up on the offer. For the shows in my collection I like to write plot summaries - how are you going to know what you have unless you listen to your shows? I have found many shows labeled as this or that episode but upon listening it was a totally different episode.

Anyway I couldn't resist the temptation of the rock pool! Anyway I am working on Lone Ranger episodes right now so I'll throw you a couple. My format is similar to J. Goldindex, but I write my own plot descriptions:

February 7, 1938. “Contraband Liquor”. Syndicated. Commercials added locally. Liquor is being smuggled across the border. While Border Agent Steve Brady is questioning Flint Burkeman in his café, Burkeman is shot and killed. A posse is formed and they come across Cactus Pete. They think they have their man. The Lone Ranger questions Cactus Pete in jail and is convinced he’s innocent. George W. Trendle (creator, producer), Fran Striker (writer), Earle Graser, John Todd.

March 7, 1938. “Jim Murdock’s Mine”. Syndicated. Commercials added locally. Wealthy Jim Murdock got his wealth from one half of a goldmine he shared with Abe Jenkins. Both decided to split the mine. Murdock’s half hit pay dirt while Jenkins petered out. Jenkins now broke and desperate confronts Murdock for succor for his family. Congenially, Murdock provides all that Jenkins asks for. But later one of Murdock’s cronies claims that Murdock is missing and there being a broken window that overlooks a ravine, it looks bad for Jenkins. Luckily the Lone Ranger and Tonto overhear the allegations and investigate to find the truth. George W. Trendle (creator, producer), Fran Striker (writer), Earle Graser, John Todd.

Wiscotr
Wiscotr

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 7/9/2019, 7:53 am

Thanks that sounds great. Welcome to the site and thanks for tossing your hat into the ring for assignments. We shall call you Casey Crime Photographer.

And you will love the rock pool the only rule is swim faster than the alligators and you should be fine.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down