The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bold Venture - Ziv Archives

3 posters

Go down

Bold Venture - Ziv Archives Empty Bold Venture - Ziv Archives

Post by St_Jack 9/6/2023, 7:44 pm

Hello Creeps
Some of you know about this, some do not.
Carl Amari has licensed the entire Ziv Archive of transcription discs. There are over 10,000 discs.
He wants to release the audio as it gets transferred. The costs involved in this are hefty. The best way to
get costs covered is Kickstarter. We reach more people and they can pledge what they like. The process is transparent. They collect the money and distribute it. Everyone can see where the project stands. There is nothing shady about it.
Bold Venture is the first show out of the box. ALL 78 shows produced.
A 3.5 minute audio sample will be posted on the Kickstarter page for everyone to hear.
Cobalt Club members can hear it now on Soundcloud.

Bold Venture #78 sample

This is all of course provided the project is approved by the Kickstarter folk. There is no reason it should not be. It has not been submitted as it is still a work in process. I wanted to start getting the word out.
Feel free to share the link. Feel free to ask questions.
St_Jack
St_Jack

https://www.ebay.com/str/audiotoriumofotr

mjnunes84, kschriever, wich2, Rearle1 and 8BALL like this post

Back to top Go down

Bold Venture - Ziv Archives Empty Re: Bold Venture - Ziv Archives

Post by wich2 9/9/2023, 11:37 am

Thanks, St. Jack.

VENTURE is one of those shows that I want to like; great elements in place. But it just doesn't quite jell, for me...

As far as Carl doing KICKSTARTER - I've been saying for a long time, that that should be a (not the) model going forward, for such projects. The Old Heads just have to let go of the  half-century-old outdated Trader's Group, Buyer's Club, etc. modes.

Best,
- Craig

wich2

Rearle1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 8BALL 9/9/2023, 2:23 pm

Where may I go to keep updated on the Ziv project? I'd be interested in the proposed tech details as well... transfer, restoration, distribution formats.

St_Jack wrote:Hello Creeps
Some of you know about this, some do not.
Carl Amari has licensed the entire Ziv Archive of transcription discs. There are over 10,000 discs.
He wants to release the audio as it gets transferred. The costs involved in this are hefty. The best way to
get costs covered is Kickstarter. We reach more people and they can pledge what they like. The process is transparent. They collect the money and distribute it. Everyone can see where the project stands. There is nothing shady about it.
Bold Venture is the first show out of the box. ALL 78 shows produced.
A 3.5 minute audio sample will be posted on the Kickstarter page for everyone to hear.
Cobalt Club members can hear it now on Soundcloud.

Bold Venture #78 sample

This is all of course provided the project is approved by the Kickstarter folk. There is no reason it should not be. It has not been submitted as it is still a work in process. I wanted to start getting the word out.
Feel free to share the link. Feel free to ask questions.

8BALL

Back to top Go down

Bold Venture - Ziv Archives Empty Bold Venture - Ziv Archives

Post by St_Jack 9/14/2023, 9:20 pm

Hello All!
The Kickstarter was officially approved yesterday!
We are a week away from the launch. Here is the url for the pre-launch view. It will go live on the 23rd!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ONCE THE PROJECT IS LAUNCHED, THIS SAME LINK TAKES YOU TO THE LIVE PAGE.

Please share the info freely. There will be a lot of publicity.
St_Jack
St_Jack

kdmarket likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bold Venture - Ziv Archives Empty Bold Venture - Ziv Archives - Kickstarter is now LIVE!

Post by St_Jack 9/22/2023, 4:03 pm

Good Afternoon Folks
We launched the Kickstarter page a little early due to a glitch on Carl's website advertising the Kickstarter a little sooner than planned. So it is live right now!
We are gaining some support already. Have a look!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you for your kind attention!
St_Jack
St_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down