The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense

+2
gathol
pnussbaum
6 posters

Go down

I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense Empty I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense

Post by pnussbaum 3/7/2024, 8:56 pm

Dear Cobalters,
Fellow Cobalters may recall my mentioning that I was working on my history doctoral dissertation for many years. Today I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense, which means I have my PhD. My dissertation was called, History in the Present Tense: News and History on the Radio, 1924-1944.
I wanted to thank the Cobalt Club and the otr community for helping me along the way. You all have helped me keep focused and positive throughout this project.
Thanks again.
Best,
Steve Kostelecky
pnussbaum
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Space Cadet, mjnunes84, Oday450, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense Empty Re: I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense

Post by gathol 3/8/2024, 10:06 am

Congratulations pnussbaum - that is a fantastic achievement! I must say it does seem you had been working on that for quite a number of years. It must be a relief to finally have it done.

gathol

pnussbaum likes this post

Back to top Go down

I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense Empty Re: I passed my Doctoral Dissertation Defense

Post by BobbyP 3/8/2024, 1:42 pm

Congratulations, doctor!
BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 3/12/2024, 2:24 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Cobalters.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 3/12/2024, 4:44 pm

Way to go, pnussbaum. And what a great topic. I've always maintained the Cobalt harbored more knowledge per square head than most Silicone Alleys, but now you've helped legitimize that.
Cheers with a tankard of grog at Frenchie's on me.
Jeff

ghemrats

Seamus and pnussbaum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 3/13/2024, 2:51 pm

Thanks, gathol, Bobby P, and ghemrats!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/14/2024, 12:28 am

Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. I can just barely imagine the amount of work that went into that dissertation. The required dedication alone would be too much of most. But to successfully push through to completion. That borders on heroic.

Again, please accept my heartfelt congratulations,

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Seamus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 3/14/2024, 1:42 pm

Thanks so much, Space Cadet. I began to think I was boring the Club with by endlessly saying, "I'm working on my doctoral dissertation..."
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Seamus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/14/2024, 3:07 pm

Nah, you know this group. Helpful and generous to no end. And endlessly is the only way anyone can work toward a doctorate. I know, because I've helped a couple of others with research, while working toward theirs. I on the other hand never even finished my degree. Maybe it's time I stop with the silly adventures and finish what I started.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Seamus and pnussbaum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 4/12/2024, 11:26 am

Congratulations Doc pnussbaum this will be your new name now.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 4/12/2024, 1:37 pm

Thanks so much, Seamus. It's taking a while to get used to having a new title and I don't think it will sink in until I go through the graduation ceremony in May.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down