The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cobalt Club Hall of Fame

4 posters

Go down

The Cobalt Club Hall of Fame Empty The Cobalt Club Hall of Fame

Post by Space Cadet 1/24/2021, 7:30 pm

Here, we honor our members past and present. We may honor them for their contributions. We may honor them for their generosity and dedication. And, we may honor them for their friendship and for helping to create the spirit we've come to accept as a part of the experience of belonging to The Cobalt Club.

Here We Honor

Nick O'Thyme

Seamus

Niles_Caulder

nightkey

BobbyP

Last edited by Space Cadet on 10/24/2021, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

greybelt, BobbyP, ghemrats, Seamus, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

The Cobalt Club Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Cobalt Club Hall of Fame

Post by Space Cadet 1/24/2021, 9:49 pm

Their contributions.

Folks, Nick O'Thyme aka. (Signature Illegible) and Seamus are the foundation of The Cobalt Club. The virtual Dynamic Duo of The Cobalt Club. They built it and rebuilt it many times over the past two decades. They battled hackers, spammers and what we referred to as file leeches. Without them, there would never have been a Cobalt Club. But I'm going to step aside and let Seamus explain what all of that really means.

Niles_Caulder is still listed as a moderator on our board. I hope he's still out there some place enjoying life. But we just don't know. He was a pillar of The Cobalt Club for many years. And he helped to bring us through several server crashes and other hard times we suffered through the years. And through it all, he was a good friend to so many of us over those many years. He made us laugh, he laughed at us and he laughed with us. He was my right hand for the first few years, after we moved here.

What can I say about nightkey? Not nearly enough. I can't really remember when nightkey found our door and decided to come in to visit us. But it's been very long time now. And we're grateful for the time he's spent with us. nightkey quietly carries a load that few others would dare to take on themselves. And does it in an incredible way as well. nightkey, I believe, still hosts an Old Time Radio error log. This is an incredible list of name and date errors in Old Time Radio logs, which are constantly found attached to Radio Show files in circulation. Additionally, nightkey downloads radio show files offered online, checks them for accuracy and when necessary, politely offers a correction to the post on the board where the show was offered. I remember the wild and wooly early days of online OTR trading. In all honesty, there was a time when I kept nightkey busier than anyone else at The Cobalt Club. Specifically, when Bill_Atkins and I were tag teaming to upload the most complete Adventures of Superman set in existence for others to download. The set was amazing for the time. But the file names and tags were... well... questionable to say the least. Between the two of us, Bill and I were uploading 20 shows per day. There were about 1500 shows in the collection. Of the 20 per day we were uploading, about 17 were either mislabeled or mis-tagged. And there was nightkey every day, downloading, proofing and correcting us. If I remember correctly, we were also uploading Lux Radio Theatre at the same time. That was another very large set with a somewhat dubious set of file names. And nightkey unfailingly soldiered on. And nightkey still soldiers on in this way and in other ways. And nighkey, you absolutely deserve to be recognized, appreciated and honored for all your hard work, over many years.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

greybelt, nightkey, ghemrats, Seamus, KO6BB, Wildcat44, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 1/25/2021, 6:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I first dropped into the Cobalt Club around 2005 or earlier and never really left. I'm ancient enough to remember when Frank Coopersmith was a member. Some other oldtimers include ghemrats, BobbyP, and Geezer. In those days the uploaded files were stored on a university computer. At one point a server died and club members chipped in money to buy a new one. There are a few of us still around from those days but not many. In the days before certified sets, there were many more errors in show names and dates. I did a lot of work for years (and still do) to try to get rid of those pesky errors from OTRR certified sets before they were released in the wild. As some members drop out, others drop in. It is nice to see the Cobalt Club live on.

My OTR errors site is at https://sites.google.com/site/otrerrors/Home.
nightkey
nightkey

Space Cadet, greybelt, ghemrats, Seamus, KO6BB, Wildcat44, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 10/24/2021, 6:55 pm

After a very long time, we're finally getting back into honoring our members as well as others from the Old Time Radio community.

Today, we're honoring our very own BobbyP. BobbyP has been involved here at The Cobalt Club for many years. In fact, he's been here so long that I think of him among that small group of "Legacy" members. And BobbyP is the first member, to have been nominated for enshrinement here by his fellow members. That alone shows the value his fellow members place upon him.

Congratulations BobbyP. And thank you for all you've done for your fellow members here at The Cobalt Club. And for all of your contributions to the OTR community.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

nightkey, BobbyP, artatoldotr, Seamus, Wildcat44, eliyahusimlevin and Woody like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 10/25/2021, 9:27 am

Great job BobbyP well deserved comes with a life times supply of Capt's Romulan ale.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Space Cadet and BobbyP like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 10/25/2021, 12:52 pm

Thanks for the recognition. Much appreciated.

Bob
BobbyP
BobbyP

Space Cadet, ghemrats, Seamus, kdmarket, lasombra and eliyahusimlevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down