The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Time Radio Show Requests

+55
Rearle1
Crunklydunks
St_Jack
kdmarket
kschriever
nickp57
Oday450
Wildcat44
oldbill
ghemrats
Niku
bojim1
Ted Davenport
bicho
pnussbaum
JazzMan
lasombra
artatoldotr
BobbyP
Adam Graham
eliyahusimlevin
Buck Benny
scooper
toebig
jerry6
dbf
Seamus
Egg_Crisis
Geezer
mjnunes84
emruf7
hwinker2
harleyrider
shadowsmom
mstevens90
rodney4130
eslon
airlanes
hotmix99
otrhead
YankeeLemon
Tom-In-Ohio
wich2
Rosebud
floridanana3
Theo44
guyc
gathol
CompleteDayMan
nightkey
Harlow Wilcox
greybelt
Deep Stuff
pfmurphy
Space Cadet
59 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Old Time Radio Show Requests - Page 5 Empty Re Penny Singleton

Post by Wildcat44 11/14/2016, 5:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I believe they are named correctly.

Wildcat44

Back to top Go down

Old Time Radio Show Requests - Page 5 Empty Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by kschriever 11/14/2016, 6:48 pm

Wow.

50-06-20
50-06-27
50-07-04
50-09-05

An instant doubling almost as soon as I asked. Can't beat THAT! Thanks VERY much, Wildcat44.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 11/17/2016, 5:13 pm

Kurt, I believe the show you listed as 50-09-26 Bill, The Burglar aired on 50-08-22. Note the closing announcement about Art Linkletter returning to the air on September 19th.
nightkey
nightkey

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever 11/18/2016, 9:18 am

Hey, thanks, Andrew... I had picked that date up on the basis of the DD2 log, but as it has no detail to support the September date and Goldin's posting is better documented, I'd have to go the route you suggest. Nice catch!
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsmom 11/23/2016, 1:31 pm

Does anyone have this

NBC's Fifteenth Anniversary Party. November 15, 1941. NBC net, KDKA, Pittsburgh aircheck. Sustaining. The program has also been called "NBC's Fifteenth Anniversary Free-For-All." Edgar Bergen tries to find out what Charlie McCarthy did with his razor. Conrad Thibault sings, "Old Man River." From Chicago, Joe Kelly and the Quiz Kids sing, "Just Ask The Quiz Kids." Undersecretary of War Robert Patterson speaks from Washington D. C. In Hollywood, Irene Rich introduces Bing Crosby. A visit to Lum and Abner in Pine Ridge, then to the 74th National Guard Regiment in Buffalo, New York, where Kay Kyser and His Orchestra play, "Tonight We Love." "Johnny" introduces Lowell Thomas who introduces the U. S. Navy Band, and Secretary of the Navy, Frank Knox. Fibber McGee and Molly offer congratulations. The Southernaires (on NBC since 1929) sing from New Orleans. James Fly (Chairman of the FCC) speaks about "the role of the men behind your radio." A letter from President Roosevelt is read. Red Skelton tells a series of very unfunny jokes. Milton Cross introduces David Sarnoff broadcasting from a ship on the Pacific Ocean. Niles Trammel, the president of NBC, speaks. John Vandercook does a newscast and introduces a chat of NBC correspondents around the world. Rudy Vallee sings a birthday song for NBC, then introduces Connie Boswell. "The Great Gildersleeve" and his "family" do a comedy routine. Percy Faith and His Orchestra play, "Night and Day" from Chicago. Victor McLaglen and Edmund Lowe appear as "Captain Flagg and Sergeant Quirt." The Henry Levine Octet play, "The Muskrat Ramble." A four minute version of "The Breakfast Club" is heard from Chicago. The Hoosier Hot Shots play on "The National Barn Dance." Ed East appears in, "Breakfast In Bedlam." Rudy Vallee introduces George Burns and Gracie Allen. Glenn Miller and His Orchestra play, "The Chattanooga Choo Choo." A visit to the NBC International Division. Ralph Dumke and Budd Hulick do a comedy "Studio X" broadcast. Harold Peary, Walter Tetley, Ken Carpenter, Milton Cross, David Sarnoff, Niles Trammel, The Henry Levine Octet (billed as "The Chamber Music Society Of Lower Basin Street"), Upton Close, The Dinning Sisters, Pat Buttram, Eddie Peabody, H. V. Kaltenborn, Tex Beneke (vocal), The Modernaires (vocal), Joe Kelly, Robert Patterson, The United States Army Band, Thomas D'Arcy (conductor), Chester Lauck, Norris Goff, Kay Kyser and His Orchestra, Johnny Roventini, Lowell Thomas, The U. S. Navy Band, Frank Knox, James L. Fly, The U. S. Marine Band, William F. Santelmann (conductor), Percy Faith and His Orchestra, Victor McLaglen, Edmund Lowe, Hal Gibney (announcer), Don McNeill, Joseph Gallicchio and His Orchestra, The Hoosier Hot Shots, Ed East, Rudy Vallee, George Burns, Gracie Allen, Brad Reynolds, Ralph Dumke, Budd Hulick, Vivienne Della Chiesa, Lucille Manners, Bill Stern, Paul Douglas, Grantland Rice, Marion Hutton (vocal), Edgar Bergen, Conrad Thibault, Frank Black (conductor), Irene Rich, Glenn Miller and His Orchestra, Marion Hutton (vocal), Bing Crosby, Connie Boswell, Red Skelton, Jack Benny, Don Wilson, Jim Jordan, Marian Jordan, The Southernaires, Ted Steele, Graham McNamee (host). 2:58:05. Audio condition: Very good to excellent. Complete.

shadowsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 11/24/2016, 12:11 am

here's the show, NBC 15 Anniversary Party(41-11-15) w Jack Benny-Bergen & Mccarthy-Fibber Mcgee & Molly-Burns & Allen

kdmarket
kdmarket

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsmom 11/24/2016, 6:25 am

kdmarket, thank you!

shadowsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 11/25/2016, 1:47 pm

Hi, looking for Superman 491105 The Case of the Courageous Cobbler. I think only one half of the show is available.

Be aware that this episode might be mislabeled or switched with a nearby episode.
nightkey
nightkey

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 11/28/2016, 7:32 pm

Does anyone have

Quaker Party 381022 Tommy Riggs Betty Lou

or these Fun at Breakfast shows

46/xx/xx First joke - Chewing Gum
46/xx/xx First joke - Talking Golf
46/xx/xx First joke - Tom Loses at the Track
46/xx/xx First joke - Automobile Troubles
46/xx/xx First joke - Trip with a Tramp
46/xx/xx First joke - Violin and Organ Recitals
nightkey
nightkey

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 11/29/2016, 9:26 am

here's some shows fun at breakfast

kdmarket
kdmarket

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 11/29/2016, 11:00 am

I believe these are different Fun at Breakfast [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wildcat44

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 11/29/2016, 11:39 am

here's some superman shows

kdmarket
kdmarket

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 11/29/2016, 1:39 pm

Thanks for all the shows. kdmarket, your TAoS 49-10-29 (0061) The Case of the Courageous Cobbler.mp3 was a mislabeled Mystery of the Walking Dead.
nightkey
nightkey

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsmom 12/1/2016, 8:31 pm

Does anyone have this available to share?
Is Swing The Thing?. March 29, 1936. Blue net, WJZ, New York City aircheck. Sustaining. 8:00 P.M. "One hundred people are ready to give their all for Swing, right here in the NBC studios." The first tune is, "Stompin' At The Savoy." This is one of the more pleasurable hours in the history of broadcasting. Ray Noble and His Orchestra, Casper Reardon, Kay Thompson and Her Ensemble (a great arrangement of "Blue Moon"), Meredith Willson and His Orchestra (from California), Adrian Rollini and His Tap Room Gang, Frankie Froeba (piano solo to "After You're Gone"...he must have had 12 fingers!), Mildred Bailey, The Stuff Smith Trio, Dick McDonough, Carl Kress, Red Norvo (plays the tune based on the NBC chimes), Benny Goodman and His Orchestra (from the Congress Hotel, Chicago), Helen Ward (? vocal). 59:30. Audio condition: Excellent. Complete.

shadowsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever 12/3/2016, 6:27 pm

Turns out my Fibber McGee and Molly collection still has issues, a nasty surprise indeed. Does anyone have a CORRECT copy of the 54-05-12 episode known as "Fibber's Dog Flash"? My 32kb copy turned out to be 9 undistinguished minutes of Perry Mason. I'm so ashamed.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 12/3/2016, 11:45 pm

try this show

fibber mcgee & molly(54-05-13) flash broke the coffee maker

Last edited by kdmarket on 12/4/2016, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
kdmarket
kdmarket

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever 12/4/2016, 10:23 am

Well, thanks, I guess... but this is of course not the 54-05-12 show... and in fact you might wish to relabel it as it is the 54-05-13 show which immediately FOLLOWS the one I was looking for. Thanks anyway.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsmom 12/7/2016, 9:02 pm

Does anyone have this to share?

The Elgin Company's Second Annual Tribute To The Armed Forces. November 25, 1943. CBS net, WJAS, Pittsburgh aircheck. Sponsored by: Elgin Watches. James Newell starts the program with a medley of service songs. Gracie Allen tells George that she's invited a few servicemen over for Thanksgiving dinner. Frank Lovejoy appears in a battlefield Thanksgiving drama. "The Swing Wing" plays, "The Poet and Peasant Overture" and "The Hawaiian War Chant." A visit to Duffy's Tavern: Two-Top Gruskin joins the army, a funny routine! From Chicago, Danny O'Neil sings, "My Heart Tells Me." Jose Iturbi plays Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody #11" and boogie woogie. Jack Douglas does a comedy route, Alvine Rey plays, "Farewell Blues" on an electrified guitar. Elsie Janis remembers the songs she sang while entertaining the troops during the last war. Edgar Bergen tells Charlie about the first Thanksgiving and the very funny story of Pocahontas. Susanna Foster sings, "AH, Sweet Mystery Of Life." Alan Reed appears as "Fallstaff Openshaw" and recites his poem, "Downfall." Reed then steps out of chracter to read a serious and moving poem about the world today. The program opening has been upcut. Robert Young (host), Ken Carpenter (announcer), James Newell, George Burns, Gracie Allen, The Pied Pipers, Jackson Beck, Frank Lovejoy, Louis Silvers and His Orchestra, The Swing Wing, Manny Klein, Ed Gardner, Danny O'Neil, Jose Iturbi, Jack Douglas, Ginny Simms, Alvino Rey, Elsie Janis, Frances Langford, Edgar Bergen, Susanna Foster, Alan Reed. 1:59:05. Audio condition: Excellent. Complete as above.

shadowsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by eslon 12/7/2016, 10:34 pm

kschriever - I don't think the 54-05-12 episode has ever appeared in circulation.  I have not been able to find it anywhere.

kschriever wrote:Well, thanks, I guess... but this is of course not the 54-05-12 show... and in fact you might wish to relabel it as it is the 54-05-13 show which immediately FOLLOWS the one I was looking for.  Thanks anyway.

eslon

Back to top Go down

Post by kschriever 12/10/2016, 9:31 am

Odd... I used the "Quick Reply" box to say thanks a few days ago but see it never took for whatever reason... so let me make up for that now. Appreciate your input, Eslon... I'd been coming to that conclusion as well. And also, thank you for making your first post a contribution... welcome to our little clubhouse.
kschriever
kschriever

Back to top Go down

Post by eslon 12/10/2016, 3:23 pm

Thanks kschriever - it's nice to be here! I suspect that the 5/11/54 & 5/12/54 episodes were on the A and B side of the same NBC disc. The 5/11/54 AFRS version is out there, but neither 5/11 or 5/12 were on the radioarchives.com FM&M sets, which are the source for all the other 15 minute FM&M's that have turned up in recent years. A very long time ago (10 or so years?) I remember seeing one of the NBC 15 min. discs being sold in eBay, but I don't remember the exact dates of the shows except that they were both from 1954. I wish that eBay would open up their archived listings for instances such as this!

kschriever wrote:Odd... I used the "Quick Reply" box to say thanks a few days ago but see it never took for whatever reason... so let me make up for that now.  Appreciate your input, Eslon... I'd been coming to that conclusion as well.  And also, thank you for making your first post a contribution... welcome to our little clubhouse.

eslon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer 12/19/2016, 9:42 pm

I've been looking at my Rathbone & Bruce Sherlock Holmes episodes and found I have a bunch of partial/incomplete shows . Seems like that's all that availablle but I thought I'd take a shot and see if anyone has more complete recordings of any of the following:

Here's what I have
43/08/20 86 The Missing Dancer (second half)
41/03/09 47 The Adventure Of Shoscombe Old Place (first half)
40/02/12 20 The Golden Pince-Nez (second half)
40/02/26 22 The Reigate Puzzle (second half)
40/01/29 18 The Second Stain (second half)
39/12/25 13 The Three Garridebs (first half)
39/12/18 12 Wisteria Lodge (second half)
43/07/02 79 Priory School (incl, unlistenable)
43/07/30 83 Murder In The Waxworks (No Open or close, bad sound)
43/08/06 84 Missing Leonard Da Vinci (No Open or close, bad sound)
43/07/23 82 Greek Interpreter (No Open or close, bad sound)
44/05/22 126 Adventure Of The Superfluous Pearl (No Open of Close)
43/08/27 87 The Cardboard Box (incl, bad sound)
Geezer
Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 12/20/2016, 10:16 am

It would seem that my versions are just about the same as yours. I don't think that any other better versions have been uncovered to date. There is also....
1940-12-22 The Boscombe Valley Mystery(Partial)
1941-02-09 Hound Of The Baskervilles Part 5 (1st Half)

Best regards

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 12/20/2016, 7:10 pm

Does anyone have a series called Hawaiian Fantasies?
nightkey
nightkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezer 12/21/2016, 6:42 am

artatoldotr wrote:It would seem that my versions are just about the same as yours. I don't think that any other better versions have been uncovered to date.  There is also....
1940-12-22 The Boscombe Valley Mystery(Partial)
1941-02-09 Hound Of The Baskervilles Part 5 (1st Half)

Best regards

Art

I figured that would be the case but thanks for checking, Art
Geezer
Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next