Old Time Radio Show Requests

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by lasombra on 11/18/2018, 2:17 pm

Here are the last two you requested, Buck Benny.

Kraft Music Hall 12-23-48
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kraft Music Hall 12-30-48
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Posts : 22
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Geezer on 11/20/2018, 10:01 am

I'm looking for complete episodes of Old Gold Time. There were 39 programs starting 1947-09-24 and ending 1948-06-18. Confusing things a little, the show was also referred to as Frank Morgan Show, Don Ameche Show, The Bickersons (usually show up as just fragments), or Old Gold Show.

The only complete (or near complete) shows I have are:
480109 (16) Frank discusses architecture with Richard Neutra
480305 (24) Jimmy Durante SUbs for Frank AFRS #108
480423 (30) Frank vs the Process Server
480507 (33) Bickersons cat is about to have kittens
480528 (35) Frank the Auto Racer

Even these aren't in very good shape.

avatar
Geezer

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-04-14
Location : Hudson Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by kschriever on 11/20/2018, 10:22 am

Jeez, Geez... I had determined long ago that only if I am permitted to make it to 90 years of age with full control of my faculties and a persisting passion for OTR would I consider making a run at organizing all things involving the Bickersons (and Baby Snooks, for that matter). Impressed to see that you are made of sterner stuff.

My disorganized mess along these lines appears to be entirely under a "The Bickersons" banner. I have two files for you that I think fit the bill, although they're unchecked:

November 19, 1947
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May 14, 1948
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(lousy sound...sorry!)

As for me, I am missing the 480109 and 480305 shows you seem to have... would you mind posting those? I'll be glad to stumble across them again in 2048!
avatar
kschriever

Posts : 159
Join date : 2013-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by BobbyP on 11/20/2018, 1:20 pm

Here are a few episodes, or partial episodes.

December 24, 1947, Christmas Eve at the Bickersons'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

February 13, 1948, The Accident Insurance Policy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

April 16, 1948, Vacation Trailer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

April 30, 1948, Streetcar Conductor

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

June 11, 1948, Income Tax Refund

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

avatar
BobbyP

Posts : 377
Join date : 2013-04-14
Location : British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by BobbyP on 11/20/2018, 1:26 pm

kschriever wrote:Jeez, Geez... I had determined long ago that only if I am permitted to make it to 90 years of age with full control of my faculties and a persisting passion for OTR would I consider making a run at organizing all things involving the Bickersons (and Baby Snooks, for that matter).  Impressed to see that you are made of sterner stuff.

My disorganized mess along these lines appears to be entirely under a "The Bickersons" banner.  I have two files for you that I think fit the bill, although they're unchecked:

November 19, 1947
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May 14, 1948
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(lousy sound...sorry!)

As for me, I am missing the 480109 and 480305 shows you seem to have... would you mind posting those?  I'll be glad to stumble across them again in 2048!

I think the May 14, 1948, episode you posted is actually from May 7, 1948. Episode #33.
avatar
BobbyP

Posts : 377
Join date : 2013-04-14
Location : British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Geezer on 11/20/2018, 4:22 pm

Thanks guys! I'll go through these. At first glance some appear to be the Bickerson half of the show (most of the ones I've found so far are partials) The Frank Morgan parts were edited out. Unfortunately he was at the beginning of the show where they always mentioned the episode number.

Kurt, if it helps any, know that I am frequently reduced to tears as I plod through the Snooks/Morgan and Bickersons/ Morgan shows. Frank's segments are usually missing. The Bickersons reuse a LOT of gags and titles often refer to a joke or two and aren't necessarily part of the plot....if indeed there is a plot...sheeesh!

I think I might start a thread for this series including what I've pieced together for a program log. I'm sure it will either be ripped to shreds (it can't hurt me more than it already has) or be a useful tool for some brave soul of the future
avatar
Geezer

Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-04-14
Location : Hudson Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Buck Benny on 11/21/2018, 7:31 pm

lasombra wrote:Here are the last two you requested, Buck Benny.

Kraft Music Hall 12-23-48
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kraft Music Hall 12-30-48
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You are completely awesome! Thank you for embracing the Thanksgiving season and being so giving to me! Very Happy

Buck Benny

Posts : 33
Join date : 2016-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Buck Benny on 11/21/2018, 7:34 pm

i'm looking for a few things:

Any Elgin Thanksgiving specials.

and the following two Hardy Family shows:

1949-12-27 The Hardys' 25th Anniversary

1950-01-17 The Princeton Graduate

Any help on any of these would be very appreciated!

Buck Benny

Posts : 33
Join date : 2016-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by BobbyP on 11/23/2018, 10:20 pm

Buck Benny wrote:i'm looking for a few things:

Any Elgin Thanksgiving specials.

and the following two Hardy Family shows:

1949-12-27 The Hardys' 25th Anniversary

1950-01-17 The Princeton Graduate

Any help on any of these would be very appreciated!

Here's the 1947 Thanksgiving special.

The first tune is "It's a Grand Night for Singing." Jimmy Durante and Garry Moore perform together for the first time "since getting shows of their own." "News Scoops From Hollywood," Candy Candido appears as "Mr. Ripple." Fifteen year old Mary Jane Smith sings. Sir Lancelot sings a calypso watch commercial! Larry Storch does impersonations. Margaret Whiting and Vera Vague join Jimmy Durante singing a clever original parody about a possible woman president (to the tune of "Feudin', Fightin' and Fussin'"). The Page Cavanaugh Trio sings a delightful Elgin commercial to the tune of, "The Lady From Twenty-nine Palms." Bob Sweeney and Hal March drive to the studio (don't ask them what an "Oh For Goodness Sakes" sandwich is). The winners of the SPEBQSA competition sing barbershop harmonies. Yehudi Menuhin plays "Habanera" by Sarasate (accompanied by his sister on the violin). He then plays a duet with another violinist...Jack Benny! Artie Auerbach does an Elgin commercial as "Mr. Kitzel. Cathy and Elliott Lewis are featured in a well written story about a housewife's last day. Good radio! "A Child's Thanksgiving" features Red Skelton as "The Mean Widdle Kid." After he says grace, Clem Kaddiddlehopper finds himself in one of the Elgin watch commercials!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
BobbyP

Posts : 377
Join date : 2013-04-14
Location : British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by pnussbaum on 11/26/2018, 2:09 pm

I have a request for myself and a colleague. Does anyone have any recordings of the Voice of America from the otr era? Of course, the Library of Congress and the New York Public Library have many, but I wonder if a shortwave enthusiast might have made recordings.
Fingers crossed.
Many thanks.
avatar
pnussbaum

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Wildcat44 on 11/27/2018, 7:13 pm

Here are some Elgin Holiday Specials
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wildcat44

Posts : 39
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 73
Location : Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Buck Benny on 12/8/2018, 12:19 pm

BobbyP wrote:
Buck Benny wrote:i'm looking for a few things:

Any Elgin Thanksgiving specials.

and the following two Hardy Family shows:

1949-12-27 The Hardys' 25th Anniversary

1950-01-17 The Princeton Graduate

Any help on any of these would be very appreciated!

Here's the 1947 Thanksgiving special.

The first tune is "It's a Grand Night for Singing." Jimmy Durante and Garry Moore perform together for the first time "since getting shows of their own." "News Scoops From Hollywood," Candy Candido appears as "Mr. Ripple." Fifteen year old Mary Jane Smith sings. Sir Lancelot sings a calypso watch commercial! Larry Storch does impersonations. Margaret Whiting and Vera Vague join Jimmy Durante singing a clever original parody about a possible woman president (to the tune of "Feudin', Fightin' and Fussin'"). The Page Cavanaugh Trio sings a delightful Elgin commercial to the tune of, "The Lady From Twenty-nine Palms." Bob Sweeney and Hal March drive to the studio (don't ask them what an "Oh For Goodness Sakes" sandwich is). The winners of the SPEBQSA competition sing barbershop harmonies. Yehudi Menuhin plays "Habanera" by Sarasate (accompanied by his sister on the violin). He then plays a duet with another violinist...Jack Benny! Artie Auerbach does an Elgin commercial as "Mr. Kitzel. Cathy and Elliott Lewis are featured in a well written story about a housewife's last day. Good radio! "A Child's Thanksgiving" features Red Skelton as "The Mean Widdle Kid." After he says grace, Clem Kaddiddlehopper finds himself in one of the Elgin watch commercials!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you!

Buck Benny

Posts : 33
Join date : 2016-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Buck Benny on 12/8/2018, 12:19 pm

Wildcat44 wrote:Here are some Elgin Holiday Specials
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you so much!

Buck Benny

Posts : 33
Join date : 2016-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by BobbyP on 12/8/2018, 2:40 pm

pnussbaum wrote:I have a request for myself and a colleague. Does anyone have any recordings of the Voice of America from the otr era? Of course, the Library of Congress and the New York Public Library have many, but I wonder if a shortwave enthusiast might have made recordings.
Fingers crossed.
Many thanks.

The only ones I have are "Halls of Ivy" rebroadcasts.
avatar
BobbyP

Posts : 377
Join date : 2013-04-14
Location : British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by pnussbaum on 12/8/2018, 3:28 pm

Thanks, Bobby. You've helped me a lot over the years.
avatar
pnussbaum

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Time Radio Show Requests

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum