The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Check In

+6
JimBollman
ghemrats
latriv
Seamus
Space Cadet
greybelt
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Friday Check In - Page 6 Empty Re: Friday Check In

Post by JimBollman 3/23/2024, 5:52 pm

chad3006 wrote: what are some good movies for me to watch?

Been awhile since I have checked in. Been a rough last 12 months but things are getting back to normal again now. Haven't done much with OTR for awhile, but with the size of disc drives now I have moved my whole collection to a one of my online drives so I may have to load some on to my phone to mix in to my listening list of podcasts. Amazing how little space what I thought was a large collecting takes on one of my 8TB drives.

One of my favorite is "Thunder Road".

I got into a Don Knox kick awhile back, he has a bunch of good comedies. To list a few The "Ghost and Mr Chicken", "How to Frame a Figg", "The Reluctant Astronaut", "The Shakiest Gun in the West" and "The Incredible Mr. Limpet".

I have a bunch of old movies and for a while my wife and I had old movie Wednesday. We fell out of the habit, may have to restart.

Jim...
JimBollman
JimBollman

Space Cadet, Seamus and chad3006 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/23/2024, 9:19 pm

Howdy! It's been a worky kinda week for us in the rural south. Been clearing the new three and a half acre plot and looking at options to put a house on it. Not a great time for that, given the economic times. But we're determined to make it work.

Chad, I hope the health issues clear up quickly. Keep us in the loop please. As for classic entertainment, take a look at The Screening Room thread. It's a pretty eclectic mix. There are lots of dead links after all this time. But there are still a lot of fun movies to watch. And I got onto a noir bender for a short time. Even the dead link posts have info on some good leads.

Jim, I'm also a Don Knotts fan. In fact, The Shakiest Gun in the West is still available there. Thanks to you, I now need to find a copy of The Reluctant Astronaut.

And finally, I'm seriously considering bringing that thread back to life. Wadda Ya think. Yay or Nay.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Seamus and chad3006 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chad3006 3/24/2024, 3:59 pm

I'm certainly ok with reviving that thread.
chad3006
chad3006

Space Cadet and Seamus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/30/2024, 10:19 pm

Howdy Cobalt Club, we actually had an eventful week at my house. First, my beloved, "She Who Must Not Be Angered" had knee replacement surgery on Tuesday morning, on her right knee. Who new that an operation of that level was now outpatient surgery? She came through the surgery with no issues and all seems well right now. We're looking forward to lots of physical therapy and a probable repeat for the other knee in about a year.

We finally made a decision on the new property. We're gonna put a new 3/2 mobile home on it for now and wait a few years to build a new house. This property is what I call country wonky. It formerly had two mobile homes on it, as well as a two car garage/Mother-in-law suite as the only permanent structure. There's also what I can only describe as a bomb shelter. It's way to extravagant to be called a storm shelter. It's a 10x12 reinforced concrete underground shelter, with power and an air filtration system. I'm considering having the whole thing lined with slate and using it to cure meat. Home cured Prosciutto... YUM!!! But we'll see.

I guess that's enough for now. But there was more. I plan to crank up the Screening Room in the next day or so. Now what genre should we feature first?

Be safe, be well and be happy,
Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Seamus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 4/12/2024, 11:24 am

Hello everyone,

just fell back to earth. Been busy trying to wrangle this thing we call life as its a twisty old thing. Been all over the place and work has kept me busy amongst my many ill advised pursuits. I am all about keeping things messy. Get in car and take ferry to Spain then over to Casa Blanca ...sure why not ... then end up in Malta ....all good... Look around 2 months have past and no I most certainly did not find the Ark of the covenant but did find many, many books and odds and ends.

Space did I miss you moving from the Old new place or is the new place the old place just a new part of it. I will go back and read the messages more slowly.

Grand to see some activity in here. Chad nice to see you back, Jim nice to see you back. Craig nice to see your updates. Jeff my old savings and loan pal have another checkin and lay more wisdom and movie and TV choices.

I have been watching the Tom Baker era of Doctor Who. What a hoot the shear nonsense of it all. I am 7 shows into The Magician a Tv show with Bill Bixby as a very rich magician who has his own plane a white corvette and solves crimes along the way helping a bevy of beautiful ladies in distress. I finished Circle Of Fear a horror anthology show. I enjoyed that. I am on Season 2 of the classic Lost in Space. All of course on my growing DVD and BluRay collection. I just added Witch Hunt and Cast a Deadly Spell. Very enjoyable movies.

Lets hope I can check in more. Spring is here I have roving in my blood.

Stay safe friends.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Space Cadet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 4/12/2024, 4:43 pm

Howdy Folks. We're back into a blah... blah... blah... stretch of life. Mostly babysitting the wife during the early part of her recovery. She's doing great. Actually ahead of schedule. But her mobility is still very limited. We do a doctor visit per week, plus three trips to physical therapy as well. But everything is moving in the right direction.

Boss, we moved off the Funny Farm about 15 months ago and into an apartment in town. This, due to a medical emergency involving the wife, and the 45 minute arrival time of emergency services. I'm very protective and that was completely unacceptable to me. Our oldest son and daughter in law are now on the farm. The original plan was for them to take over there anyway. The timing for my son's retirement from the army came just after the medical event, so we simply accelerated the schedule. The new property, soon to be named "The Nut House", is the next step in our grand scheme. The wife and I will be there next for a few years and it will eventually be taken over by our younger son and his family. The long term plan includes a third property, which will be for our daughter. But we probably won't actually live for a while on that one. The grand scheme is for all three of our children to be in possession of their inheritance, before the wife and I croak off this mortal coil. That's the reason I've been slowly and carefully liquidating our assets and investments over the years. Carefully and legally managing potential tax impact for the wife and I in the present and for our kids in the future. And yes, there's a plan B in place, just in case something catastrophic happens to the wife and me before the plan is completed. I'm a belt, suspenders and parachute kinda planner.

That's it for now. I will finally get The Screening Room in action again today or tomorrow.  Things got a bit hectic this past week and I forgot all about it.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

ghemrats and Seamus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 4/21/2024, 10:25 pm

Howdy Folks, nothing new to report. So, here's one of history's greatest practical jokes. Have a great week.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Seamus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content