The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Night Stand

4 posters

Go down

One Night Stand Empty One Night Stand

Post by CompleteDayMan 11/7/2019, 8:22 pm

This is a wild stab in the dark BUT....
Does anyone happen to have a copy of ONS 471?
I was outbid for the ET on eBay today.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

One Night Stand Empty Re: One Night Stand

Post by Harlow Wilcox 11/8/2019, 5:25 pm

Completedayman
I don't have the episode you asked for but a search engine check revealed that the episode was broadcast on "Those Were The Days" hosted by Steve Darnell back In July of this year. The episode features Freddy Martin and His Orchestra, Is that correct? Are you familiar with that show ("Those Were The Days")? Here is a link to the page I found about this. It's at the bottom of the page under the heading "On The Radio. "I don't know If there is an archive of previous shows available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If someone here is a listener of that show and happens to have it could you please post it for Completedayman?
Harlow Wilcox
Harlow Wilcox

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 11/8/2019, 7:32 pm

Do you know for sure of the date and band associated with that number, CD? I might have it, but most of my ONS do not have AFRS numbers attached to them.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 11/8/2019, 8:16 pm

Harlow Wilcox wrote:Completedayman
I don't have the episode you asked for but a search engine check revealed that the episode was broadcast on "Those Were The Days" hosted by Steve Darnell back In July of this year. The episode features Freddy Martin and His Orchestra, Is that correct? Are you familiar with that show ("Those Were The Days")? Here is a link to the page I found about this. It's at the bottom of the page under the heading "On The Radio. "I don't know If there is an archive of previous shows available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If someone here is a listener of that show and happens to have it could you please post it for Completedayman?

Thanks Harlow. I am indeed familiar with Those For The Days. Unfortunately I was out of action when that show was played and missed it completely (no pun intended). As far as I am aware there are only 2 weeks of that program available for listening again (and recording) so I missed it. Well spotted and many thanks for the research and the shout out.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by CompleteDayMan 11/8/2019, 8:23 pm

ghemrats wrote:Do you know for sure of the date and band associated with that number, CD?  I might have it, but most of my ONS do not have AFRS numbers attached to them.
Jeff

Jeff, One Night Stand was an AFRS only program but obviously the shows were taken from network remotes. All episode numbers on ONS shows, if present, should be the AFRS number. My main sources for dates and numbers for this series come from either the ET itself or the Harry Mackenzie One Night Stand 1-1001 book. The book has no info on 471 and as previously mentioned I missed out on the disc. Apparently the band was Freddy Martin.
CompleteDayMan
CompleteDayMan

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzMan 11/8/2019, 8:53 pm

Harry Mackenzie One Night Stand 1-1001 book. The book has no info on 471

My copy does now....

it would be nice to hear it and complete the entry in the book

JazzMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content