The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chesterfield Music Shop

4 posters

Go down

Chesterfield Music Shop Empty Chesterfield Music Shop

Post by BobbyP 2/2/2023, 7:27 pm

Known on the AFRS as "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.

June 21, 1944
Sunday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, airlanes, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Chesterfield Music Shop Empty Re: Chesterfield Music Shop

Post by BobbyP 2/2/2023, 7:29 pm

June 22, 1944
Guest is Bob Hope

June 26, 1944
Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1, g87 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/3/2023, 3:24 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. July 17, 1944. Program #13. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The series was heard at 7:00 P.M. (EDT) on the Red net, WEAF in New York City. The first tune is, "When The Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along." Johnny sings his famous, "G.I. Jive." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:36.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. July 26, 1944. Program #19. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Crazy Rhythm." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford, Howard Duff (AFRS announcer). 14:53.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. July 27, 1944. Program #20. NBC net. Chesterfield. The first tune is, "Love Is Just Around the Corner." Guest Bing Crosby sings, "I'll Get By As Long As I Have You." Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Bing Crosby. 14:32.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. July 31, 1944. Program #21. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I'm Gonna Kiss My Baby (When I Get Home on Victory Day)." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Jo Stafford, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton. 14:35.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1, g87 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/4/2023, 3:09 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 1, 1944. Program #22. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Straighten Up and Fly Right." Guest Arthur Treacher is looking to hire a butler! Treacher sings, "A Tisket, a Tasket." Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford, June Hutton, Arthur Treacher. 14:47.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 2, 1944. Program #23. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "How Many Hearts Have You Broken?" Johnny sings his new tune, "Birmingham Bertha." Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford. 14:48.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 3, 1944. Program #24. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Minding My Business." Guest Diana Lynn plays, "Pearls on Velvet." Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford, Diana Lynn (piano). 14:36.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 9, 1944. Program #27. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Better Do It Now." Jo Stafford does a nice, "Clear Out of This World." Jo never speaks on any of these programs, perhaps she was in another studio or pre-recorded. Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford. 14:46.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1, soorhands and Rainwater5439 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/5/2023, 5:07 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 10, 1944. Program #28. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Tumbling Tumbleweeds." Guest Roy Rogers sings, "The Cowpoke Polka." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford, Roy Rogers. 14:46.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 15, 1944. NBC net. Chesterfield. The first tune is, "Magic Is the Moonlight.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Jo Stafford, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jack Teagarden (guest). 14:43.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 17, 1944. NBC net. Chesterfield. Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Jo Stafford, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer), Nancy Walker (guest). 14:39.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 22, 1944. Program #34. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I Can't Help It." The Three Barrys sing, "I Get the Blues When It Rains." They're not the Barry Sisters. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford, The Three Barrys, Howard Duff (AFRS announcer). 14:34.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1, soorhands and Rainwater5439 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/6/2023, 2:03 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 30, 1944. Program #39. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "The Highway Polka." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Howard Duff (AFRS announcer). 14:28.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. August 31, 1944. Program #40. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I Didn't Know About You." Guest Janet Blair sings, "In The Still of the Night." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Janet Blair, Howard Duff (AFRS announcer). 14:30.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 4, 1944. Program #41. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Tired Teddy Bear." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford. 13:27.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 5, 1944. Program #42. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I Don't Want To Love You." Guest Phil Hannah sings, "Sweet and Lovely." Phil has a sweet voice but his career never took off. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Phil Hannah. 14:30.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/7/2023, 2:14 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 7, 1944. Program #44. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "The Sunny Side of the Street." A good show. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Jo Stafford, Rudy Vallee, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:47.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 11, 1944. Program #45. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I Just Can't Help It." A touch of Dixieland! AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:59.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 12, 1944. Program #46. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Happy As the Day Is Long." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Jo Stafford, Janis Paige, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:36.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 13, 1944. Program #47. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Crazy Rhythm." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:46.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 2/7/2023, 5:39 pm

BobbyP wrote:The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 5, 1944. Program #42. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I Don't Want To Love You." Guest Phil Hannah sings, "Sweet and Lovely." Phil has a sweet voice but his career never took off. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Phil Hannah. 14:30.

Bobby - the file for this one came up as September 6, 1944.

gathol

CRGibson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 2/7/2023, 6:05 pm

I do have the Chesterfield show for this one, but it is in very poor sound. Apparently Goldin doesn't have it; only the AFRS description.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 07, 1944. Program #44. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "The Sunny Side Of The Street." A good show. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Jo Stafford, Rudy Vallee, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer). 15:10. Audio Condition: Very good to excellent. Audio Condition:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (WeTransfer link expires in 7 days)

gathol

Jim9, shadowsmom, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bicho 2/7/2023, 6:26 pm

thank you, bobbyp, for this wonderful series. and look at the guests!
keep boppinĀ“
marcel

bicho

BobbyP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/8/2023, 1:51 pm

gathol wrote:
BobbyP wrote:The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 5, 1944. Program #42. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I Don't Want To Love You." Guest Phil Hannah sings, "Sweet and Lovely." Phil has a sweet voice but his career never took off. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Phil Hannah. 14:30.

Bobby - the file for this one came up as September 6, 1944.

See if this works. Here's September 6:

And September 7:

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Rainwater5439 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 2/8/2023, 5:54 pm

I'm sorry Bobby - I guess I should have been a bit more specific. The Goldin description you posted was for September 5, but the link to the file brought up September 6. So, I got that downloaded ok, but we need September 5th if you have it.

The September 7th file you posted was the Johnny Mercer Music Shop and I posted the actual Chesterfield Music Shop but in very poor sound.

How do I cause such trouble? Don't answer that! You can see how my poor wife is constantly confused!

gathol

Rearle1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/8/2023, 7:37 pm

Your poor wife! Here September 5, plus some others.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 5, 1944. Program #42. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I Don't Want to Love You." Guest Phil Hannah sings, "Sweet and Lovely." Phil has a sweet voice but his career never took off. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Phil Hannah. 14:47.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. September 14, 1944. Program #48. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. An all-western show, starting with, "When It's Roundup Time in Texas." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Jo Stafford, Andy Devine, Bob Nolan, The Sons Of The Pioneers, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:33.

September 18, 1944

September 19, 1944

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 2/9/2023, 6:07 pm

Thanks Bobby!

gathol

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/10/2023, 2:41 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. October 4, 1944. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Sunbonnet Sue." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:46.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. October 5, 1944. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Rocking Chair." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny and guest Lucille Ball do a drawing room drama titled, "She Knew What She Wanted, or "Give Me a Pack of Beeman's Pepsin, Please." Johnny and Lucille sing, "By the Sea" as a vaudeville routine. Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Lucille Ball, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:31.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. October 9, 1944. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Why Don't You Kiss Me?" AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:31.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. October 10, 1944. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Dance With the Dolly." Chief Petty Officer Claude Thornhill plays, "Autumn Nocturne" (described as "a seasonal selection"). AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop." Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer), Claude Thornhill. 14:28.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/12/2023, 7:27 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. October 18, 1944. Program #67. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "But I Do." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Wendell Niles (announcer), Jo Stafford. 14:54.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. October 19, 1944. Program #68. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Crazy Rhythm." Guest Vera Vague is man-hunting as usual. AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Barbara Jo Allen. 14:47.

October 30, 1944

October 31, 1944

BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/12/2023, 11:43 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. July 24, 1944. Program #17. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "But I Do." The program features a brief visit by "Beulah." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, The Pied Pipers, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), Marlin Hurt, June Hutton, Howard Duff (AFRS announcer). 14:32.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Rearle1, soorhands and Rainwater5439 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/13/2023, 1:05 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. November 1, 1944. Program #75. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Yes, I Know." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer). 14:56.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. November 2, 1944. Program #76. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Oh, Baby, Look What You've Done to Me." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Phil Silvers, Wendell Niles (announcer). 15:07.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. November 15, 1944. NBC net. Chesterfield. The first tune is, "Aw, C'mon Now." Johnny mentions that, "we're recording for Uncle Sam.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Harry Mitchell (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford. 16:16.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. November 27, 1944. Program #89. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "I'm Gonna See My Baby." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer). 15:01.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 2/15/2023, 3:03 pm

The Chesterfield Music Shop. November 28, 1944. Program #90. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Margie." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, The Pied Pipers, Hal Stevens, June Hutton, Wendell Niles (announcer). 15:10.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. December 4, 1944. Program #93. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "Indiana." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford. 14:30.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. December 5, 1944. Program #94. NBC net origination, AFRS rebroadcast. The first tune is, "If I Only Knew Then." AFRS program name: "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Wendell Niles (announcer), June Hutton, The Pied Pipers, Jo Stafford, Hal Stevens (guest). 14:33.

The Chesterfield Music Shop. December 7, 1944. Program #96. NBC net. Chesterfield. The first tune is, "Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch.". Johnny Mercer, Paul Weston and His Orchestra, Jo Stafford, The Pied Pipers, June Hutton, Harry Mitchell (announcer), Tito Guizar (guest). 14:33.

BobbyP
BobbyP

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/19/2023, 2:08 pm

Chesterfield Music Shop 441116 Ep084 Swinging Down The Road

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down