The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+36
Crunklydunks
toebig
JazzMan
Seamus
Wildcat44
bicho
soorhands
BobbyP
Tom-In-Ohio
dbf
lasombra
pnussbaum
airlanes
artatoldotr
duhar
Buck Benny
Egg_Crisis
bojim1
eliyahusimlevin
otrwashh
Illoman
ghemrats
Space Cadet
Ted Davenport
kdmarket
greybelt
Wiscotr
jerry6
Wryterjccc
mstevens90
otrhead
wich2
Radiodaze
Sagebrush.1
Jim9
scooper
40 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by JazzMan 6/28/2019, 10:41 pm

[quote="toebig"]Hi JazzMan, I've got a bunch of Witch's Tale, but not the Werewolf. Sorry.

Tom[/quote]
Thanks for checking

JazzMan

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by Egg_Crisis 6/28/2019, 10:50 pm

JazzMan wrote:One request:
The Witch's Tale - The Werewolf

Been looking for/ trying to make a good flac recording of this for years

Here's my copy from an Nth generation cassette.  It's maybe a little bit better than the 32kbps version that's available on the net, but still sounds like garbage.

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/baqhhuzlfaiy6qm/The_Witchs_Tale_-_The_Werewolf.flac/file

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzMan 6/28/2019, 11:29 pm

[quote="Egg_Crisis"][quote="JazzMan"]One request:
The Witch's Tale - The Werewolf

Been looking for/ trying to make a good flac recording of this for years[/quote]

Here's my copy from an Nth generation cassette.  It's maybe a little bit better than the 32kbps version that's available on the net, but still sounds like garbage.

[code][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[/quote]

They all sound like garbage - even Dave (Siegel) 's copy. That's why I wanted to find the best (of the worst) to clean it up. This isn't too bad - thank you.

JazzMan

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 6/29/2019, 1:10 am

Hey JazzMan, I do have the Werewolf episode from the Weird Circle series. If you would like that one let me know.

Tom

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by dbf 6/29/2019, 4:31 am

Thanks for posting that Witch's Tale - it's one of the top 5 shows I'm trying to get in FLAC .... didn't have Werewolf!

dbf

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis 6/29/2019, 7:05 am

JazzMan wrote:That's why I wanted to find the best (of the worst) to clean it up.

Well if you manage to improve it, post the results.  I tried when I originally transferred it but everything I tried just made it worse so I just pressed undo and saved the original.  One thing I've found online from people is a tendency to want to remove every last click and pop and every last trace of surface noise and the results are usually worse because they overdo it.

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 6/29/2019, 10:37 am

Believe it or not, I had this show picked for today and I see where dbf requested some from 1953-54. I'd like to see those myself. Anyway, here's one from 1950.

Challenge Of The Yukon 500215 The Black Cat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill Stern Colgate Sports Newsreel 44-03-17

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzMan 6/29/2019, 12:13 pm

[quote="Egg_Crisis"][quote="JazzMan"]That's why I wanted to find the best (of the worst) to clean it up.[/quote]

Well if you manage to improve it, post the results.  I tried when I originally transferred it but everything I tried just made it worse so I just pressed undo and saved the original.  One thing I've found online from people is a tendency to want to remove every last click and pop and every last trace of surface noise and the results are usually worse because they overdo it.[/quote]

I tried last night.... lot of digital artifacts .... it'll take some time to cure that. Thanks again :)

JazzMan

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 6/30/2019, 2:57 am

Thanks!

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by eliyahusimlevin 6/30/2019, 3:22 am

Thanks!
eliyahusimlevin
eliyahusimlevin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbf 6/30/2019, 5:58 am

Egg_Crisis wrote:
Well if you manage to improve it, post the results.  I tried when I originally transferred it but everything I tried just made it worse so I just pressed undo and saved the original.  One thing I've found online from people is a tendency to want to remove every last click and pop and every last trace of surface noise and the results are usually worse because they overdo it.

This, this, a thousand times this!! Even Radio Spirits is guilty of this :-/ .   I prefer hearing the raw transfer, crisp, with scratches and all....  some EQ and  light denoising of background hiss from tapes can be ok - and then it's actually better to do it incrementally over several passes, rather than one setting  for the whole show. Besides the artifacts (submarine sound), the treble usually gets dulled down, which I really don't like but am hearing more and more with the "cleaning'.  And then there's the software/hardware used - there are denoisers in programs like Audacity, but they are really not up to the job. And then there's the monitoring - if you do it on speakers in an untreated room, you very often will not hear the damage being done (headphones help more in this regard).  And then when you compress it to mp3, the artifacts can become more pronounced!  Anyway, enough ranting :-) .    It is nice that in some distro groups, they offer the raw recording and the "cleaned" one.... I am very happy with the sound on The Werewolf as it is :-) . I hope people in the FLAC/WAV world will keep the "dirty" versions for people who don't like the cleansing .....

dbf

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 6/30/2019, 10:41 am

Good morning, it's Sunday and a good day to be alive. A bear busted in the door to our sun room last night trying to get to the cat food my wife leaves for the feral cats. He busted the glass portion and ripped some of the wood and bent the metal frame. So I have my work cut out for me tomorrow. Church today, praise God no one was hurt. Oh, the joys of mountain living.

Here's the selection of Family theater for today. Enjoy.

Family Theater 470311 Ep005 Let Us Remember

Life Of Riley 47-06-28 Going Camping

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzMan 6/30/2019, 1:19 pm

[quote="toebig"]Hey JazzMan, I do have the Werewolf episode from the Weird Circle series. If you would like that one let me know.

Tom[/quote]

No ... got that. Thank you though

JazzMan

Back to top Go down

Post by eliyahusimlevin 6/30/2019, 2:03 pm

Thanks!
eliyahusimlevin
eliyahusimlevin

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 6/30/2019, 5:22 pm

Since I just read that yesterday was Ed Gardner's birthday, here's a couple of Duffy's Tavern episodes. Enjoy!

Duffys Tavern 49-03-02 Guest Mickey Rooney.

Duffys Tavern 47-11-05 Guest George Jessel and Rudy Vallee

toebig

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 Empty Thanks a Million

Post by Wryterjccc 6/30/2019, 7:08 pm

Tom,
Thanks so much for sharing these. There are a lot on here that I didn't have in my collection. Keep up the good works.
John

Wryterjccc

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 6/30/2019, 7:12 pm

My Pleasure John, Thanks for your appreciation. It's always good to hear that people enjoy them.

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wryterjccc 6/30/2019, 7:18 pm

Oh, one other thing; I think you said you some more of the 13 episode adventures (or maybe it was 26) and I for one would love to have you upload them. Maybe others would enjoy them, too.
John

Wryterjccc

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 6/30/2019, 8:26 pm

Hi John, Yes, what I suggested was the Ghost Corps. I'll start them soon. No choir practice today, so you caught me at home lol.

Tom

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry6 7/1/2019, 2:41 am

thanks Toebig , interesting shows

jerry6

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/1/2019, 10:50 am

As requested here are the first of the Ghost Corps. Two 13 episode story lines That I'll post over the next few days. As With a lot of these sustaining shows the musical lead in is about one and a half minutes long, so either skip ahead or enjoy the music lol. Enjoy!

Ghost Corps xxxxxx Knives Of El Malek Chapter 01

Ghost Corps xxxxxx Knives Of El Malek Chapter 02

Ghost Corps xxxxxx Knives Of El Malek Chapter 03

Ghost Corps xxxxxx Knives Of El Malek Chapter 04

Ghost Corps xxxxxx Knives Of El Malek Chapter 05

Martin And Lewis 49-05-08 Guest Peter Lorre

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg_Crisis 7/1/2019, 1:20 pm

A lot of different dates have been listed for Ghost Corps... earlier in the year I was able to pin down the date to "probably 1934".  Later years have been given, but those are probably from repeat airings or downright guesses.  My best help was the Australian newspaper archive 'Trove'.  In addition to it's own remakes of US shows, Australian Radio aired a lot of actual US shows as well.

The earliest Australian radio listing I can find for Ghost Corps is Aug 5th, 1935.  That means the first US airing has to be before this date.  So 1934 then, or early 1935 depending on how fast the Aussies got the series.

In 1937 for a repeat airing of the series, of "The Knives Of El Melik" (with that spelling) Australian newspaper The Argus says it's the first series and gives the writers name and a tantalising little bit of info about the cast "Written by Rob Thompson, famous American writer, ex-officer of the French Legion of Honour and a former member of the U.S.A. Diplomatic Corps. ... It is presented by a strong Hollywood cast."

"The Prayer Rug Of Nana Sahib" was aired next and so that's the second series.  After that it's unclear if there were further serials.  It seems likely, given the number of airings the show got, but the newspapers always seem to lose interest after the first couple of series of anything so no other titles are given.

Australian radio continued airing the series sporadically until 1942.

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 YxWaKZe
The Argus, Jan 2nd, 1937, page 4.

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 6 MEjq1ub
The Argus, Jan 2nd, 1937, page 23.

Egg_Crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/1/2019, 2:36 pm

Thanks for the info Egg_Crisis. It amazes me how much information you and otrwashh and a couple of others are able to find and post so quickly. Keep up the great work.

Tom

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by eliyahusimlevin 7/1/2019, 6:18 pm

Thank you!
eliyahusimlevin
eliyahusimlevin

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 7/2/2019, 3:52 am

I've never listened to Ghost Corp...looking forward to it. Thanks

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next