The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+32
William Hogan
Rearle1
pfmurphy
airlanes
scooper
ghemrats
Oday450
Space Cadet
artatoldotr
Tom-In-Ohio
Crunklydunks
duhar
kdmarket
mjnunes84
otrhead
Harlow Wilcox
soorhands
dlag
Seamus
Kestanley
bojim1
pnussbaum
Wildcat44
dbf
eliyahusimlevin
greybelt
nightkey
Radiodaze
Gordon Johansen
lasombra
BobbyP
toebig
36 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 4 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by toebig 7/13/2021, 10:54 am

It didn't get anywhere near 116 degrees yesterday, thank GOD.

Fat Man471003 A Window for Murder
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gracie Fields Show 44-07-09 Jack Carson

Superman_470127_#1460

JungleJim_38-08-20_147-KarnakTheKiller-epi02

Find-Your name-Pictogram

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 4 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 7/13/2021, 3:51 pm

Anybody know the origin of these programs? Are they AFRS originals? Some are 30 minutes, some 60.

Radio Novels - AFRS #066 - The Flood

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, eliyahusimlevin and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/14/2021, 12:34 pm

I almost forgot to post this morning.

Superman_471002_#1573

JungleJim_38-08-27_148-KarnakTheKiller-epi03

A Case for Dr Morelle 57-xx-xx #12 Poisoned Air

A Tribute to Irving Berlin 1938-08-03 Al Jolson

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/14/2021, 1:26 pm

Here's another Radio Novel. Anyone recognize the source show?
Radio Novels - AFRS #025 - The Mystery Train

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, eliyahusimlevin and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 7/15/2021, 6:13 am

Radio Novel can be almost anything. I have found some High Adventure (the Mutual series by producer Bob Monroe) in there.

I tried a search of the title through all of the online logs and found nothing.

Listening to it for what might be specific bridge music or particular actors may give a hint at the origin series.

"The Mystery Train" was a 1931 movie... that might help...

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

RadioWisconsin, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 7/15/2021, 9:22 am

The Clock (U.S. version only)

There was an American and Australian version of the show. Many collections lump the two together. But us purists keep the two series separate in our collections.

The Australian version of the show will be shared later

These were vetted by Mike Houston for speed, sound quality and to not include any Australian versions of the show.

nightkey
nightkey

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/15/2021, 10:07 am

Another shopping day in Bakersfield. It's supposed to cool down to the 98-99 range for the next ten days. I'll have to break out my long sleeved shirts LOL.

I'm getting towards the end of my Superman collection. I know there are well over a thousand available, so if someone else will pick up where I leave off it will be appreciated.

Superman_471003_#1574

JungleJim_38-09-03_149-KarnakTheKiller-epi04

Curtain Time 1948-09-11 Best Laid Plans

Devil's scrapbook 38-11-28 Conquest of David Ring

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/16/2021, 10:31 am

Cute and cuddly

Famous Jury Trials 48-09-18 People vs Dent

Favorite Story 4704 #51 Ben Hur

Superman_471006_#1575

JungleJim_38-09-10_150-KarnakTheKiller-epi05

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/16/2021, 10:37 am

Teachers for Lyndon Johnson 7-16-48

One way to find out if you are old is to fall down in front of a lot of people. If they laugh, you're still young. If they panic and start running to you, you're old.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, pnussbaum, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightkey 7/16/2021, 10:45 am

The Clock (Australian version)

Collected by Mike Houston

nightkey
nightkey

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, lasombra and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 7/16/2021, 8:10 pm

Radio Novels - AFRS #066 - The Flood
is a John Steele, Adventurer episode
I can't find a news clipping for it.
But it is clearly a Steele program once you get to the core of the program, and at the end he is referred to as "Mr. Steele."
It seems to be a new episode!

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, Kestanley and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/17/2021, 2:05 am

Thanks greybelt. I've been trying to find one of the High Adventure episodes that you referred to before. So far no luck. It just stuns me that there are no credits for anyone in these shows.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 7/17/2021, 5:08 am

In the 1970s many of the radio drama era programs were being edited by AFRTS to not have credits... and sometimes titles!! Some of the 1980s Suspense are grotesquely edited, eliminating titles, stars, and sometimes sections of dialogue. The only thing I can believe is that someone made the decision that the programs would be considered "old" and "dated" if they did not do that. In the 1970s and early 1980s some of the places where AFRTS was did not have television yet! All they had was radio. It does sound strange to think of that. But this is why many OTR collectors developed their interest when they or a family member was stationed overseas at that time.

greybelt
greybelt

CRGibson, bojim1, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 7/17/2021, 5:25 am

Another unidentified AFRTS "Radio Novel"

AFRTS Radio Novels 95 25-7 Focal Point.wav

Did my best -- can't find anything in logs or newspapers.com to indicate the origin series (the title is too generic a term for effective searching).

Thanks for this go to Thom Whetston, AFRS/AFRTS expert and archiver. See his blog at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He's been a great friend to OTRdom, sharing many of his golden age disc recordings with us whenever he finds them.

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, lasombra, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/17/2021, 10:05 am

This one sounds so familiar but can't place it. Radio Novels - AFRS #099 - Monty the Great

lasombra

greybelt, Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, eliyahusimlevin and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/17/2021, 11:00 am

EleventhHour_xxxxxx_DeathOfElaine

Endorsed by Dorsey 46-05- Sheik

Superman_471007_#1576

Superman_471008_#1577

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/18/2021, 10:14 am

It's Sunday, have a blessed day.

Clouds

Superman_471009_#1578

JungleJim_38-09-17_151-KarnakTheKiller-epi06

Beyond Midnight _ Short Circuit

Eddie Cantor Pabst Blue Ribbon Show 48-12-10

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/18/2021, 5:50 pm

Clyde Beatty Show xxxxxx Ep001 Devil Cat

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, eliyahusimlevin, g87 and toebig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/19/2021, 11:47 am

My Superman episodes continue on to episode number 1583 and then end. I hope someone will continue posting beyond that epi number.

Superman_471010_#1579

JungleJim_38-09-24_152-KarnakTheKiller-epi07

Free Company 41-03-30 The Oxbow Incident

George Bruce's Air Stories of the World War 32-07-19

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/19/2021, 12:30 pm

71 years ago today: Philip Marlowe 50-07-19 (093) The Last Wish

A Union President was sitting at his son's bedside getting ready to read him a bedtime story.
He starts out, "Once upon a time and a half . . . "

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, eliyahusimlevin and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 7/19/2021, 10:56 pm

(This is a duplicate of a post I made at the Suspense thread. I know this particular thread is likely the most traveled one in all of Cobaltia, so I thought the duplication was wise in this case.)

IT'S HERE!!

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 4 Suspen16

DOWNLOAD THE PDF AT

This the log of Suspense as complied Keith Scott. He researched it for 40+ years, much of it when he made trips from his native Australia to do animation voices and voiceovers in Hollywood. (Keith was a big fan of the Jay Ward cartoons when he was growing up, and became the voice of Bullwinkle in the 2000 movie The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle. He is the author of The Moose that Roared, an entertaining history of the studio.)

Keith also had access to many private research interviews, and conducted many of his own, with producers, directors, actors, effects artists, and others who participated in the program or influenced its production. Many of these details are new to all us Suspense fans.

The 275+ page document includes a series overview (14,000+ words) and the marvelous log of 944 episodes of the series that includes dates of broadcast, casts, plot summaries, and other important (and entertaining) details. Background of some of the recorded or planned broadcasts that were never aired are also included. Important details of the series audition in 1940 and the role of Alfred Hitchcock in the development of Suspense will be new to many collectors.

Keith is making this available as a free PDF. I have been working with him on a lot of Suspense recordings and topics over the past 3 years, but I have known Keith for almost 40 years. A highlight of my OTR life was not meeting some celebrity, or getting a rare program, it was the day that Keith and I spent at Thousand Oaks Library in June 2019 just going through Suspense and other series! It was during that trip that I was able to interview Keith -- check it out on my interview page listed below. I was so pleased to help Keith with proofing, editing, and working on the desktop publishing of the document.

If you enjoy the document, please email Keith -- his address is on page 3 of the PDF. If you have suggestions for the document, please contact him.

Be sure to also download Keith's Escape log.

Here is a sample page of the Suspense log.

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 4 Sample11

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/20/2021, 11:04 am

concerts

Superman_471013_#1580

JungleJim_38-10-01_153-KarnakTheKiller-epi08

Fred Allen Show 49-03-06 Silver Mike Award

Heritage 53-08-20 Marco Polo

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 7/20/2021, 11:59 am

69 years ago today: First Nighter 7-20-52 Speak Ever So Gently

Try to remember, the greener grass across the fence may be due to a septic tank issue.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 7/20/2021, 9:25 pm

Fire burning just south of us. We haven't been ordered to evacuate yet, but if you don't hear from me tomorrow for my regular post there could be several reasons. Power failure, internet failure, evacuation. I hope to update and post tomorrow. See you soon I hope.

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by eliyahusimlevin 7/20/2021, 9:26 pm

toebig wrote:Fire burning just south of us. We haven't been ordered to evacuate yet, but if you don't hear from me tomorrow for my regular post there could be several reasons. Power failure, internet failure, evacuation. I hope to update and post tomorrow. See you soon I hope.

Stay safe!
eliyahusimlevin
eliyahusimlevin

CRGibson and toebig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next