The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2

5 posters

Go down

Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2

Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_lcap17%Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_lcap11%Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_lcap33%Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_lcap11%Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_lcap17%Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_lcap0%Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_lcap0%Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Empty Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2

Post by Seamus 3/22/2019, 8:04 am

Folks here it is the hotly anticipated part 2. Please don't all vote at once and swamp the system. I know the excitement is huge. And the list is a tad random we could have ten polls there are so many shows. But 2 is gonna do it unless people want more.

Last edited by Seamus on 3/29/2019, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Empty Re: Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2

Post by ghemrats 3/22/2019, 1:31 pm

This is an interesting cluster, Seamus. While in literature I find Philip Marlowe and Chandler to be kings of the field, the radio show strikes me a little dry, preferring by a wide margin *Rogue's Gallery*. But since that's not here, I'll vote for Frank Race.
Jeff

ghemrats

Back to top Go down

Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2 Empty Re: Whats your Favourite Detective Show Part 2

Post by Seamus 3/22/2019, 4:45 pm

The first Frank Race was played by my fav actor Tom Collins who of course is my avatar Chandu. I love the in car fights in the cab. Just brilliant.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill_Atkins 3/22/2019, 7:55 pm

Now that I have found the polls, I find them fascinating to see how my tastes compare to others. Sometimes it is difficult to pick a favorite when choices are shows like Richard Diamond and Johnny Dollar. Sometimes it is pretty easy (for me) when the choices are Pat Novak and Frank Race. Hint: a little of the Pat Novak dialog goes a long way even though I am a fan of Jack Webb.

Not to go negative but perhaps a future poll might include a list of comedies with a slight twist. Which one has held up the worst? I have listened to a lot bunch of different shows over the past few years and whether it is juvenile shows (I mean like Archie and the Aldridge family) or stand up comedians (think Bob Hope) or family/ensemble shows (Jack Benny, Fibber McGee, etc.) some shows are still darn funny and some shows just make me groan and want to move to a different genre.

I may be alone in thinking this way but it would be interesting to see some the poll data sometime down the road in 9 to 12 months.

Thoughts?

Bill_Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/22/2019, 8:33 pm

Howdy Bill. And welcome home. Stop by Frenchie's Place a little later. Your return rates a celebration and everyone who would like to join in, is on my tab for the night.

This group is causing me to pause and ponder. There are three shows which could each be called "The Best." And each for different reasons. So, I'm gonna hold off on votin' for a day or so and... ponder...
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/24/2019, 12:24 pm

Space Cadet wrote:This group is causing me to pause and ponder. There are three shows which could each be called "The Best." And each for different reasons. So, I'm gonna hold off on votin' for a day or so and... ponder...

And my winnah is... Phillip Marlowe, by a hard boiled nose.

But who was the best Charlie Chan in films?
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/24/2019, 12:59 pm

Well, looks like we got us a race a Frank Race....see what I did there ....see what I did....huh...huh?
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/26/2019, 5:20 pm

Seamus wrote:Well, looks like we got us a race a Frank Race....see what I did there ....see what I did....huh...huh?

I'm in serious need of a face palm emiticon right now... Suspect
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/27/2019, 4:33 am

Impossible for me to choose as I love all of them with the exception of Charlie Chan....I only like him a lot

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/27/2019, 10:05 am

Mid week folks and Frank has dropped in the race. But has created a bizarre alliance with Box 13 and Ellery Queen that has strangely kept him ahead. I knew this was exciting but did not expect this intrigue and back room deals.

Looking through the rule book and nothing prevents alliances but seeing as the overall winner of the polls gets $250,000 I can see why this happened.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/27/2019, 10:48 am

Seamus wrote:Looking through the rule book and nothing prevents alliances but seeing as the overall winner of the polls gets $250,000 I can see why this happened.

$250,000 in Monopoly money... Yes, I read the fine print.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/28/2019, 7:26 pm

Get your votes in folks the poll ends tomorrow then we go to the run off for 250K plus 2 Jet Ski's, a year's supply of hand towels, and four tons of chocolate. What a prize package.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/29/2019, 1:15 pm

Okay folks this poll is done. I think we know Frank Race won but something happened with the poll. 15,000 people voted only 15 counted.m Weird that.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/29/2019, 4:53 pm

Seamus wrote:Okay folks this poll is done. I think we know Frank Race won but something happened with the poll. 15,000 people voted only 15 counted.m Weird that.

It's that new Common Core math. Remember that the site is actually hosted in the States. And is subject to the weirdness of our various systems.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 3/29/2019, 5:13 pm

yeah we had a glitch a gremlin a unexplained event.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill_Atkins 3/29/2019, 9:52 pm

So maybe the glitch is the real reason that the "Misadventures of Si and Elmer" was not listed as a choice but, in fact, they are the true and actual winners?

Or am I being delusional once again? Or is it, still delusional?

Oh well, I am content that Frank won the race....

Bill_Atkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down