The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+32
William Hogan
Rearle1
pfmurphy
airlanes
scooper
ghemrats
Oday450
Space Cadet
artatoldotr
Tom-In-Ohio
Crunklydunks
duhar
kdmarket
mjnunes84
otrhead
Harlow Wilcox
soorhands
dlag
Seamus
Kestanley
bojim1
pnussbaum
Wildcat44
dbf
eliyahusimlevin
greybelt
nightkey
Radiodaze
Gordon Johansen
lasombra
BobbyP
toebig
36 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 26 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by greybelt 3/8/2022, 5:05 pm

I'm so missing Tom's daily posts and happy puns, and I know everyone else is, too. This has been one of the busiest threads of Cobalt Club ever. I just have to post something to pitch in the thread active as others are doing.

Here's something that I think everyone will find to be a happy curiosity.

What did listening to our favorite shows really sound like? We're spoiled with some marvelous recordings from studio transcriptions that have a wide and clear audio range. But radio didn't sound that good at home. This is why I've always been interested in airchecks. How did it sound in the car or on the tabletop radio?

Here's an aircheck from WROW from April 17, 1960, Easter Sunday. It's of Suspense and Have Gun Will Travel with local commercials and the CBS news. WROW was in the Albany, NY area and the recordist was Mr. Pat Rispole who worked in the NY State court system. He was constantly recording and is responsible for most of the 1960s YTJD, Suspense, and Gunsmoke. We have been trying to find collections of people who traded with Pat to get better recordings that could be processed to sound better and would not have hum, crosstalk, and hiss that have plagued so many of the copies in circulation for decades. The closer we can get to his original recordings the better off we'll be. Pat unfortunately died at age 53 in 1979.

Now you can hear it, as it was, on that Sunday, April 17, 1960.

WROW 600417 SUSPENSE Tonight at 5-55, Hottelet News, Chevrolet News, HGWT Prunella's Fella.mp3
WeTransfer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Suspense aired at 5:30pm (at least on the east coast) and George Bamber's script reflected that in his choice of "5:55" as part of the show title and part of the plot.

Most of the circulating HGWT are not from airchecks. Copies from the CBS master tapes were made decades ago nudged most all of the aircheck copies out of circulation. It's not often one gets to hear HGWT as part of a broadcast. Even AFRTS HGWT are limited in circulation because of how good the network tape transfers sound.

It is unclear if Rispole traded the full airchecks to many people, or if many collectors kept them in that continuous form. We've always heard these shows as distinct recordings. It's nice to hear them as they were in their natural audio habitat.

ENJOY!!

Tom and Carolyn you are in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, mjnunes84, artatoldotr, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 26 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by Gordon Johansen 3/9/2022, 11:58 am

Thanks Greybelt. I too miss the daily posts, puns, and bear stories that would come from Tom (and Lasombra), but more so because I am concerned for both of them in a very difficult situation. Sadly, there is not anything we can do other than let him know that we are thinking of them and hoping for the best.

Gordon Johansen

toebig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 3/9/2022, 12:09 pm

I can't compete with bears. I did see a salamander the other day. And a neighborhood cat messed up some of the pine straw in a flower bed.

Nope. Nothing like a bear on the deck...

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Gordon Johansen, duhar and toebig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/9/2022, 12:21 pm

Sending our love to you, Tom and Carolyn!
Dr Christian 450613 Ep342 Jere To Liebe

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A backward poet writes inverse.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 3/10/2022, 7:56 pm

A couple more from the great detective duo and a sampling of Philco shows in 192kb. If anyone would like the Philco series posted or you need an upgrade let me know.

A&C_490331_Sam Shovel- There's Good Booze Tonight

A&C_490407_Sam Shovel- He Was A Short Order Cook

Philco Radio Time 461023 Spike Jones

Philco Radio Time 461030 Les Paul Trio

otrhead

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/11/2022, 10:59 am

Life And The World 580414 Ep173 Bob Hope From Moscow

When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, pnussbaum and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pfmurphy 3/11/2022, 5:21 pm

I'm thrilled to get these Philcos, as I have been going through Crosby's shows with delight.

If you could post more Philco shows, I would be most grateful.

TIA,
Murph

pfmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/11/2022, 10:29 pm

NBC University Theater 501227 Ep120 Gambler

Teacher: Little Johnny, if one and one make two, and two and two make four, how much do four and four make?

Little Johnny: That isn’t fair, teacher. You answer the easy ones yourself and leave the hard ones for us.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/12/2022, 2:00 pm

Charlotte Greenwood Show 45-11-11 $1200 loan Guest Edward Arnold

I went to a smoke shop to discover that it has been replaced by an apparel store . . .
Clothes, but no cigar.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, g87 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/12/2022, 2:48 pm

Here's the info on otrhead's post of Bing Crosby interview above:

Tony Thomas 69-04-25 BingCrosby Interview BBC4 Tony Thomas broadcast on the BBC on radio 4 on April 25 1969

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 3/13/2022, 2:54 pm

As you can see, the Bing interview, formally posted above, has been removed. I made a mistake by posting that interview without verifying the date. Please take (more) care not to pass it along as it is beyond the 1962 cutoff date and I will be by later today to pick it up. Thanks.

Last edited by otrhead on 3/13/2022, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

otrhead

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 3/13/2022, 3:04 pm

meanwhile.....

Philco Radio Time 461106 ralph mendez and lina romay

Philco Radio Time 461113 ezio pinza

otrhead

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, g87 and ItsThatBriGuy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 3/13/2022, 3:44 pm

If you use the search at the top of this page for "Philco" without the quotation marks, 4 pages of Philco Radio Time in flac posted by mstevens will pop up. 11 years ago he posted the 192kb files in mp3 which are what I was about to post.

Conversions from/to flac are easy if you are a windows user.

I use Lame XP, a free software tool on my Windows 10 laptop to convert from flac, and a few other formats to mp3. The latest version works quickly with plenty of adjustments along with batch processing that is great if you have a multi core cpu. Get the latest version: Build 2320 (2021-08-29) here.....https://sourceforge.net/projects/lamexp

I now have a link below for all the Philco Radio Time Shows in 192kb mp3 format.

Last edited by otrhead on 3/15/2022, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

otrhead

CRGibson, lasombra and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/14/2022, 2:30 pm

Rocky Fortune 53-11-10 Messenger For Murder

A thief was arrested for breaking into a Toys "R" Us store and stealing a board game.
He got Life.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/15/2022, 9:00 pm

Box 13 4x-xx-xx (01) The First Letter

Cop: I’m arresting you for illegally downloading the entire Wikipedia.
Man: Wait! I can explain everything.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 3/15/2022, 11:13 pm

If you are not using Flac use the link below.

Here is a link for the Philco shows in 192KB encodes mp3 format. Send me a PM if things get plugged up.

otrhead

CRGibson, pfmurphy, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1, g87 and ItsThatBriGuy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/16/2022, 8:09 pm

My Friend Irma 1948-02-16 - 'The Professor's Concerto'

I remember the first time I saw a universal remote control.
I thought to myself . . . "Well this changes everything!"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/18/2022, 8:04 pm

Hawthorne's Adventures 1949 ep 01 ABC guest Dennis Day

One Sunday morning, the priest saw little Davey staring up at the large plaque that hung in the church's foyer. The plaque was covered with names and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.
"Father Donovan," the boy asked, "what is this?"
"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service," the priest explained. They stood together quietly, staring at the memorial plaque.
Little Davey softly asked, "Which service? The 9:00 or the 10:30?"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crunklydunks 3/19/2022, 3:44 am

I've been so caught up with other things that I haven't checked in on here in a long while. So sorry to hear about Carolyn, Tom! Of course we don't know each other personally, but you are one of the friendliest people I have met in the OTR community, and your love for Carolyn has always radiated from every personal update and anecdote that you've posted. I'm not a particularly religious person but you two are in my thoughts!

Crunklydunks

CRGibson, Wildcat44 and lasombra like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/19/2022, 11:57 am

Dangerously Yours 440620 Audition Masquerade

Two students were talking about their childhood.
"I was a very clever toddler. By the time I was ten months old, I could already walk."
"You call that clever?" the other said. "I managed to trick my parents into carrying me until I was three!"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 3/19/2022, 9:41 pm

To all my friends here at Cobalt Club. Carolyn went home to Jesus yesterday morning at 9:30 am. Thank you all for your prayers and concern. Below is a copy of an email sent by my Pastor Ron to our congregation.

Take care,

Tom

Good evening,
Probably some of you have already heard, Carolyn met her Savior this morning at 9:30.  Tom was with her as she graduated and told us that her passing was peaceful.  Pastor Larry was able to be with him shortly after her passing and stayed for a couple of hours.

I know you have been praying for both Tom and Carolyn for the last few weeks.  Please continue to pray for Tom as he deals with the reality of this event over the next few days and weeks.  He told me tonight that there will be a Memorial Service at some time in the future.  He also told me that he greatly appreciates your concern for himself and for Carolyn.

We will keep you informed of any updates as soon as we can.

Pastor Ron

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 3/19/2022, 9:58 pm

Tom, it truly breaks my heart to hear that. I know that there are no words which can bring real solace at this time. Please look for comfort among friends and family. Alone is the one thing you don't want to be right now.

I don't have any words to heal your heart. But I can assure you, that even though there will always be a void in your world, there will come a time when joy will be there again as well. And one of the few things I've truly learned in my life, is that love is eternal, love lives on.

You're not alone, my friend.

Space
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

Jim9, CRGibson, airlanes, bojim1, Wildcat44, lasombra, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 3/19/2022, 10:36 pm

Thank you Space, your words earlier and now have helped. I appreciate your concern and you are right, Love heals.

Tom

toebig

Jim9, airlanes, bojim1 and lasombra like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/19/2022, 11:48 pm

With Love......Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 26 Index12

bojim1

toebig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by airlanes 3/20/2022, 12:04 am

Tom, some people are better at words than others at a time like this. But words are dwarfed by feelings of love, respect, support, friendship, and a shared understanding of what it means to lose someone special. May you take some degree of comfort in knowing that your friends here appreciate the enormity of such a loss.

Gary
airlanes
airlanes

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZIhnuVZ5AjTyAiGUyBVdABq

toebig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next