The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 37 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 4/27/2024, 12:12 pm

Adventures In Rhythm 400109 Guest-Art Tatum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bicho, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 37 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by gathol 4/28/2024, 8:44 am

There's no info from Goldin or Jerry for these today. Two episodes of Melody Roundup and a soap opera!

Melody Roundup 0752 Sons of the Pioneers - Rancho Grande - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Melody Roundup 0834 Spade Cooley - Dry and Dusty - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Goldin does list 5 episodes of My True Story; one being the last show of the series in 1962 but I am not sure this is the same episode. I didn't have any episodes of the series until this one.

My True Story 62xxxx AFRTS 245 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 4/28/2024, 11:33 am

My True Story 460325 Epxxx George Bailey

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 4/29/2024, 9:43 am

Goldin only lists one of these, and it's not this one.

Negro College Choir 302 600730 Fisk University - Nashville TN - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have to admit I am not very familiar with the writings of O Henry. I didn't hear a title for the episode mentioned in the opening or closing so I don't have a title name for this. Anyone know what it is?

O Henry Playhouse 1 47-5 - AFRTS - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Operation Little Vittles. AFRTS origination. A drama about Colonel Gail Halvorsen, who on July 19, 1948, started dropping candy bars to German kids during the Berlin airlift. Virginia Gregg, Jack Kruschen, Ken Harvey, Tom Charlesworth, Howard Culver, Tommy Cook, Ralph Frito, Clayton Post, Jimmy Ogg, John Hicks (composer), Michel Perriere (conductor), Joan Delmar, Michael Miller, Clark Casey (sfx), Will Scott (producer, director), Lowell Frank (engineer), Milton Kahn (writer). 14:00, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Operation Little Vittles xxxxxx - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 4/29/2024, 11:48 am

Doorway To Life 480613 Ep036 Richard, Age Seventeen

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 4/30/2024, 1:27 pm

No info from Goldin or Jerry for the two episodes of One Night Stand

One Night Stand 5526 Si Zentner - If I Love Again - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One Night Stand 5623 Teddy Wilson - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Pendleton Story. 1952. Program #35. AFRS. "The Threat". The "XYZ" Affair threatens relations with France, the Alien and Sedition Acts threaten American freedoms. Vic Perrin, John Hicks (composer), Michel Perriere (music director), Lamont Johnson. 1/2 hour, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Goldin lists 39 episodes of this. This is my first one. Does anyone have any others?

Pendleton Story 35 The Threat - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 4/30/2024, 5:24 pm

Pendleton Story 520516 AF0029 The Privateer

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 4/30/2024, 10:12 pm

I'd like more of The Pendleton Story if anybody has any. Thanks!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 5/1/2024, 9:04 am

I couldn't find anything from Goldin or Jerry for today's posts.  I have left the filename for this first show as he had it on the AFRTS Archive website, although I never hear the announcer say anything about Pride of Unit.

Pride of Unit - The Great White Ship - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Redd Harper_s Hollywood Roundup 4802xx First Song - What_s Another Heart to You - Guest - Gloria Henry - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Redd Harper_s Hollywood Roundup 480225 First Song - Silent Tears - Guest - Gloria Henry -

Unfortunately, he didn't give the episode numbers for the Redd Harper shows. Goldin does list 20 of the Redd Harper shows but he doesn't seem to list these two and none from 1948.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 5/1/2024, 12:14 pm

Redd Harper's Hollywood Roundup 1948-02-xx 1st song The Spanish Fandango

Anybody have more of these?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 5/1/2024, 1:11 pm

Here's what I have. Some Dupes ?

Wildcat44

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 5/1/2024, 2:12 pm

Thanks, Wildcat44!

lasombra

CRGibson and Wildcat44 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 5/2/2024, 10:06 am

The Transit Hawaiians 43-09-28 Host Buster McGuire

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 5/2/2024, 11:45 am

Today we have a Safety Star Time and 2 episodes of Sagebrush Theater.  I am not certain the Safety Star Time show is complete.  I never really hear an intro; it's just the music and rolls right into the interview.

Safety Star Time 5409xx Mark White Interviews Richard Widmark - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sagebrush Theater 066 Luke Slaughter of Tombstone - Yancey_s Pride 580309 -

Sagebrush Theater 070 Fort Laramie - Spotted Tail_s Return 560722 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bicho 5/2/2024, 4:09 pm

lasombra wrote:Adventures In Rhythm 400109 Guest-Art Tatum

that is wonderful! thanks for this rare -and unknown- art tatum, lasombra. it is even not mentioned in lehmstedt´s tatum bio/discography!

bicho

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 5/2/2024, 4:18 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, bicho!

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 5/3/2024, 9:34 am

Today we will post 4 half episodes of Sugar Report. If you are thinking commodity prices, you are thinking wrong! No, Sugar Report is an entertainment industry babe presenting Hollywood, music, and sometimes local news for the fighting men overseas.

The archive host said Sugar Report transcriptions are hard to find, because instead of being in the usual mass production of AFRS shows for distribution being sent out to everywhere we had troops, this just had a transcription made which was sent to the California AFRS shortwave station and was shortwaved around the world. So, there were not nearly as many transcriptions of these made.

Sugar Report 125 Sugar - Jinx Falkenberg - pt2 only - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sugar Report 131 Sugar - Jinx Falkenberg - pt1 only - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sugar Report 154 Sugar - Joan Edwards - pt 1 only - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sugar Report 155 Sugar - Joan Edwards - pt 1 only - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, ghemrats, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 5/3/2024, 12:36 pm

Five Star Theater 32xxxx Ep009 Microphone Murder

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 5/4/2024, 11:02 am

I couldn't find any info from Goldin or Jerry for these posts today.

Sound Off 0099 First Song - The Four Vagabonds - Coming in on a Wing and a Prayer -

The Long Year - The 19th Bombardment Group - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Silent Service - William Conrad-Narrator - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 5/4/2024, 12:42 pm

Molle Mystery Theater 441226 Ep065 The Letter

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 5/5/2024, 9:46 am

This first one is available at the OTRR Library.  I have not checked if it is a sound upgrade.  I wanted to share this one anyway because of some information which he included at the archive site. He said notes included with the disc stated it was originally from a series called Warriors of Peace and broadcast 460609.
I did check JJonz and the Chicago Tribune listing shows that series at 10:30pm on WENR.

Chicago Tribune -  http://www.jjonz.us/RadioLogs/pagesnfiles/logs_files/1940s/1946/46_06Jun/[c]46-06-09-(Sun).pdf

This Is the Story xxx Red Ball Express - Warriors of Peace 460609 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

World in Music 001 Music from Latin America - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yarns for Yanks 0101 Love Philtre - Lloyd Nolan - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yarns For Yanks. Program #101. AFRS origination. "The Love Philter". O. Henry was ahead of his time with this story about a, "date rape" drug. Lloyd Nolan (story teller); O. Henry (autrhor); Ken Niles (announcer);. 14:01 time to cue, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

The archive host also commented about Yarns for Yanks, although it was not clear to me if he was referring to just this particular episode or the series as a whole, but stated this was derived from the series Night Cap Yarns which ran for years on CBS Pacific.  I didn't have any success finding anything about that series.

Last edited by gathol on 5/5/2024, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 5/5/2024, 10:07 am

Sorry I actually had the wrong title originally posted for the Yarns for Yanks episode 101 as Love Potion, but it is Love Filter (Goldin spells it Love Philter). I have corrected it but I do know someone got it downloaded with the Love Potion title. A quick google search shows it should be Love Philtre. So, please correct your copy if you have downloaded the wrong title or the incorrect spelling.

gathol

Jim9, Wildcat44, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 5/5/2024, 12:37 pm

Murder Clinic 420929 Death in the Dressing Room

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Graham 5/5/2024, 4:38 pm

gathol wrote:

The archive host also commented about Yarns for Yanks, although it was not clear to me if he was referring to just this particular episode or the series as a whole, but stated this was derived from the series Night Cap Yarns which ran for years on CBS Pacific.  I didn't have any success finding anything about that series.

Night Cap Yarns was created by Frank Graham, who did plays where he played all the characters and he started Yarns for Yanks where he did new performances for servicemen overseas. However, the AFRS also brought on several guest storytellers who didn't have the "Man with a Thousand Voices" ability and just read stories. As I understand Night Cap Yarns are original to the AFRS. So there wasn't a domestic broadcast. Although I suppose it's possible that Graham reused some of his Night Cap Yarns scripts for Yarnks for Yanks.

Adam Graham

gathol and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 5/6/2024, 10:09 am

Adam Graham - Thank you for posting that information about Yarns for Yanks and Night Cap Yarns.

Today's three posts will actually be in the Whistler thread.

gathol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next