The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection NEWS

4 posters

Go down

Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection NEWS Empty Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection NEWS

Post by greybelt 7/20/2024, 4:14 pm

FOTR fans and steadfast enthusiasts: BIG NEWS and a request for help and materials!
The Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection is now recognized by The Internet Archive as an official special collection. It can be accessed at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The second anniversary of Jay’s passing is approaching. This Memorial Collection will hold the materials that Jay gathered from his publications and from the conventions. They are intended to be available to everyone who has interest in classic radio.

Over the past 18 months, volunteers have been organizing and scanning Jay’s papers as supplied to us by Karen Hickerson. I am pleased to report that ALL of the issues of Hello Again from 1970 to 2014 are now available as PDFs for viewing or download. These provide an amazing perspective on the development of our hobby and the conventions over the decades. Each year of issues has its own page.

The final edition of Jay’s 5th Revised Ultimate History of Network Radio Programming and Guide to all Circulating Shows is available as a PDF.

Jay’s collection of radio show logs has been scanned and is now available for reference.

Each FOTR convention (except 1980) now has an Internet Archive page with is convention promotion flyers and/or the printed programs. These pages need contributions of audio files, photos, and other scannable items, and video. But we finally have a start! If any of you have digital audio from the convention tapes, please get in touch with me. We have also been sent interviews of Jay where he discussed the convention of that particular year. Much needs to be done to preserve the memory of those marvelous events.

Jay kept his correspondence and publicity photos of guests. These are in process of being organized and will be posted in coming months. Jay also had lots of personal photos from conventions. Karen has been helping to sort these photos; they will be added to each convention page. Help is needed! We are assembling a team of past convention attendees who might be able to help identify many of the people in the pictures. Some of you may have pictures you would like to contribute.

If you have any materials, or want to help out in some way, please send me a Facebook message OR send an email to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Thank you so much for your help!
Joe Webb

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Space Cadet, CRGibson, mjnunes84, pnussbaum, scooper, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection NEWS Empty Re: Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection NEWS

Post by AntiPontifex 7/21/2024, 12:54 pm

Absolutely amazing! Thanks to all involved for their preservation work.
AntiPontifex
AntiPontifex

Back to top Go down

Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection NEWS Empty Re: Jay A Hickerson Memorial Collection NEWS

Post by Seamus 7/22/2024, 7:43 am

This is a fantastic resource. Kudos to all involved. I sure wish i was at the 88 convention when Carlton E. Morse and the ILAM actors were there. That must have been a great time.
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Gordon Johansen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wich2 7/29/2024, 10:52 am

Great stuff, Joe.

Could you possibly share I.D. question pics on the OTRR FB page? I've often helped spotted folks I knew/know in such.

And I may have some audio... I know I have a lot of Fred Berney dvds.

Best,
- 20 year attendee/10 year performer

wich2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down