The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cobalt Club Screening Room

+5
Seamus
Bill_Atkins
jb_steele
ghemrats
Rosebud
9 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

The Cobalt Club Screening Room - Page 13 Empty Re: The Cobalt Club Screening Room

Post by Space Cadet 5/24/2024, 6:08 pm

I'm back with more. And still wandering through the Pre Code era. It's gonna be a mixed bag. But what would you expect from a guy, whose family tree is actually a mixed bag o' nuts? Starting with...

Tarzan the Ape Man - 1932

Starring: Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan.

Seriously, you know the storyline.

Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Location : Been put out to pasture, gone to seed or something like that

https://cobaltclubannex.forumotion.com

ghemrats and Seamus like this post

Back to top Go down

The Cobalt Club Screening Room - Page 13 Empty Re: The Cobalt Club Screening Room

Post by Space Cadet 5/24/2024, 6:17 pm

Vanity Fair - 1932

Starring: Myrna Loy in her first starring role.

Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

ghemrats and Seamus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 5/24/2024, 6:21 pm

A Study In Scarlet - 1933

Starring: Reginald Owen and Anna May Wong.

Holmes and Watson investigate a secret society with members who keep dying.

Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Seamus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/28/2024, 10:45 am

More cheese folks.... never enough cheese

The Cosmic Man

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Space Cadet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/28/2024, 10:48 am

Ah, 50's sci-fi.... completely fabulous nonsense

Missle To The Moon

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/28/2024, 10:51 am

Mixing it up with Jane Wyman in a movie I only watched because of its title. A farce I tell ya.... a farce

Three Guys Named Mike

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/28/2024, 10:54 am

A Rod Sterling penned movie... not bad

Incident in An Alley

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 5/28/2024, 10:57 am

A Stop-at-Nothing Blonde ... A Buck-Hungry Guy ... A Red-Hot Racket ... Slam the Screen Head-On!

That description says it all. Love the cars in this movie and the Jazzy soundtrack. Its Hep, Its Hot..... Its going on.....

Hot Cars

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 8/23/2024, 7:55 am

The Ol' Shep at his finest. Love this slice of summer madness. Who remembers summer camping trips. The chaos the mud the rain the sunburns and all the fun.

Oillie Hopnoodles Haven of Bliss

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 8/23/2024, 8:17 am

And another from Shep. A lot of actors have played Ralphie. I remember seeing this on PBS when it first came out.

The Great American 4th of July

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 8/23/2024, 8:23 am

Rounding out the Sheps is this gem. I enjoyed this movie which is a sequel to A Christmas Story. I loved the story of the spinning tops. Only Shep could make it so interesting and full of menace

My Summer Story

Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Cadet 8/23/2024, 10:42 pm

Oh Boy! I do enjoy me some Jean Shepherd. I suddenly feel the need to dig through some boxes, looking for a 12 disk set of Shep shows. But instead, I just wandered over to archive.org and look what I found.

https://archive.org/details/JeanShepherd1961pt1/1961_02_22_Telling_the_Truth.mp3

I promise, as soon as we get settled into the new digs, this room will come back to life.
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Admin

Seamus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 8/24/2024, 2:05 pm

What a treasure trove, Boss. These were the only Jean Sheherd shows I didn't have on disc. Bravo.

I bought the biography of Shep, a huge, epic tome but haven't had time to plough through it yet. *Excelsior, You Fatheads!* by Eugene Bergmann, nearly 500 pages. . . .

Life's been a little rough over the past two months with Joyce in and out and back again into the hospital. God willing the fall will slow things down. So I appreciate the influx of Shep--I now have a full DVD of the TV series *Jean Shepherd's America* which ran in the late '70s and early '80s, a near-complete run of the show. Such fun.

Good luck, Space, with the moving and settling. I know it's a long process, but all Cobaltians are in our hearts and minds. Keep caretaking the Irish countryside, Boss.
Jeff

ghemrats

Space Cadet and Seamus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Seamus 8/30/2024, 8:43 am

Jeff, sorry to hear about Joyce going in and out of hospital. We are sending you the best of the Irish Good Vibes which carry all the love and lucky charms we can load into them.

Space get those new digs locked down and the shenanigans rolling. Life without us folks who like to roll to our own drum beat is not a fun place to be. When my name is mentioned I expect it to be in a sentence that includes it was sheer chaos and lunacy it was absolutely not safe and the police, firefighters and the National Guard had to be called. Anything less are we will really trying hard enough.

I loved Jean Shepherd's America him rolling along in his Rolls Royce up and down the country that was great tv. My weekend will include watching Jacques Cousteau's TV show. I have it on dvd I used to watch him as a kid its why I went and got all my scuba diving certifications. I wanted to be Falco...wear a red hat.

Stay safe and sound lads...signing off from the Emerald Isle
Seamus
Seamus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13