The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
BobbyP
duhar
Gordon Johansen
bojim1
nightkey
otrhead
JazzMan
toebig
lasombra
greybelt
eliyahusimlevin
mjnunes84
ghemrats
Rearle1
Yankeegipper57
RadioWisconsin
Egg_Crisis
shadowsmom
Harlow Wilcox
Wildcat44
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
Tom-In-Ohio
dbf
28 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 28 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by greybelt 2/3/2021, 8:50 am

(Thanks to lasombra for finding the recording that made this post possible today)

Today is the commemoration of the 1943 sinking of the US Dorchester troop ship, and "The Four Chaplains." The story was dramatized on Hallmark Hall of Fame with Frank Lovejoy as narrator and some of radio's best talent. This page has background of the story, the recording, and links to many other resources about the event and the chaplains [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Tom-In-Ohio, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 28 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by greybelt 2/3/2021, 11:17 am

If you went to the Four Chaplains page with the Hallmark recording, I was alerted on the FB OTRR page to a Family Theater in 1951 than dramatized the event, then I found the 1945 Words at War that Family Theater re-used. More details on the site.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

CRGibson, bojim1, Tom-In-Ohio, Wildcat44, Rearle1 and Sagebrush.1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/3/2021, 12:09 pm

Carolyn almost got skunked last evening. She was coming home from visiting a friend just after dark and entered through the Sun Room door only to find a skunk between her and our back door. Fortunately, the skunk ran to a hiding place and she (Carolyn) was able to fumble with the key and get inside.

I keep getting hit by the same bike on my way to work.
It’s a vicious cycle!

Cisco Kid xxxxxx #532 Dynamite in the River
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Christian 371219 Young Man Stole Car

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/3/2021, 1:20 pm

Blair of the Mounties 7-25-38 The Return Of Inspector Blair:

A young man walked into the insurance office to purchase coverage for his new motorcycle. Only one question confused him. "Do you have a lien holder on the vehicle?"

"I've got a kickstand," the prospect replied. "Is that the same thing?"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/4/2021, 11:48 am

Three broccoli plants wanted to cross a busy street. The first one started out and got hit by a car. The other two rushed him to a hospital where they worked on him for 12 hours. The doctor came out and told them he had good news and bad news about their friend. He said he was going to live but was going to be a vegetable the rest of his life.

Stand By for Crime 53-xx-xx04 Marijuana Mystery

Romance 561027 Lovely Dead Letter

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/4/2021, 12:49 pm

Texaco Star Theater 10-5-38 Alter Ego:

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/5/2021, 11:36 am

"I don't have a beer belly. I have a protective covering for my rock hard abs."

Don't want you to think I'm an alcoholic, Carolyn and I are both tee-tootlers. Nothing against it, I just never liked the taste of it.

Saint 510701 Death of a Cowboy

Billie Burke Show 46-04-27 The Tramp

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/5/2021, 4:26 pm

Ted Lewis Show xx/xx/47 1st song The Best Things in Life Are Free:

What disease did cured ham actually have?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/6/2021, 12:18 pm

I failed math so many times at school, I can’t even count.

X Minus One 550424 #1 No Contact

Something for Tomorrow 460330 starring Dennis Day and Jane Wyatt

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, Seamus, bojim1, RadioWisconsin and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/7/2021, 11:42 am

It's Sunday, have a blessed day.

At a local Burger King an elderly couple came in and ordered one burger, one order of fries and one coke with two glasses. When they got to their booth, the man placed a napkin in front of himself and one in front of his wife, then proceeded to divide the fries, cut the burger in half and divided the coke equally. A gentleman nearby noticed and offered to buy them another burger, fries and Coke.
The woman then said, "No you don't understand. We've been married over 50 years and all our life we agreed to split everything right down the middle."
Her husband then began eating, as she sat with her hands in her lap.
The gentleman nearby noticed and asked the lady why she wasn't eating.
She replied, "As I said before, we split everything right down the middle, and it's his day to use the teeth first."

Studio One 470819 #17 Laburnam Grove

Vox Pop 420323 From Fort Knox, Ky

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, Seamus, bojim1, kdmarket and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/7/2021, 2:11 pm

Theater of Romance 9-11-45 Conflict:

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/7/2021, 3:27 pm

Yesterday I made a surprise post at Mr. District Attorney, and a couple of others will follow with "new" Jostyn episodes. Be sure to check in...

Today I started posting Suspense again

... join us!

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, bojim1, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1, Sagebrush.1, eliyahusimlevin and toebig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/8/2021, 12:31 pm

I almost got skunked last night. Carolyn's going to have to stop leaving cat food out for her feral cats. Either that or one of us will get skunked.

An eighty-year-old man's golf game was hampered by poor eyesight. He could hit the ball well but he couldn't see where it went. So his doctor teamed him up with a ninety-year-old man who had perfect eyesight and was willing to go along to serve as a spotter.
The eighty-year-old man hit the first ball and asked his companion if he saw where it landed.
"Yep," said the ninety-year-old.
"Where did it go?" the eighty-year-old demanded.
The ninety-year old replied, "I don't remember."

Greatest Radio Commercials - pt1

Matinee With Bob and Ray 1948-11-17 The Writer Meets The Critics

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/8/2021, 2:06 pm

That Brewster Boy 9-15-44 Dr Clark examines Joey's father:

We will never see Super Bowl LIVE.
E is not a Roman Numeral.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, BobbyP, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 2/8/2021, 3:32 pm

The Four Chaplains page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now has Four Broadcasts... how fitting!
Hallmark Hall of Fame
Words at War
a local NYC broadcast
Family Theater
... all fine productions

I've also put all four recordings at archive.org if you would prefer to go directly there

greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/9/2021, 4:30 pm

Casebook of Gregory Hood 11-25-46 The White Masters:

Sarah Thomas is the first woman to officiate at the Super Bowl. She did great.
Women are really good at pointing out what men do wrong.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/9/2021, 5:33 pm

I wonder what happened to the post I put up this morning? I hope this one posts correctly.

Dr Christian 371226 Woman Who Runs Dress Store

Life Of Riley 441022 Boss's Son-In-Law

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/10/2021, 11:53 am

I'm about to remove a lot of stuff from my pCloud account. If anyone wants to trade anything pm me.

knotty dog

Danger, Doctor Danfield 460818 #1 The Professor

Information Please - Finish Four of the Five Following Joe Miller Gags 10-04-38

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/10/2021, 1:34 pm

Smilin' Ed's Buster Brown Gang 8-30-47 A Caribe Indian Story:

80 years minus your age plus 40 gives you the year you were born. How does that work?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/10/2021, 6:27 pm

Math is difficult at my age lasombra, but after 3 or 4 tries it did work out, LOL.

toebig

CRGibson, lasombra and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/11/2021, 1:18 pm

Sixty percent chance of rain tomorrow. We need it.

Fat cats will eat anything - he ate my mouse yesterday

Defense Attorney - Edith Larkin 10-09-52

Father Knows Best 50-01-12 The Elusive Card Game

toebig

Harlow Wilcox, Jim9, CRGibson, Seamus, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/11/2021, 1:19 pm

Live & Learn 530322 Mass Communications TV sound track:

I see that corduroy pillows are making headlines again.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 2/12/2021, 1:11 pm

Challenge To The Underworld xx/xx/xx Wanted: Fred Tenuto:

Nothing in the English language starts with N and ends with G.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/12/2021, 3:38 pm

It did rain last night. That's good news.

Which one is yours?

G.I. JIVE - #1542

The Witch's Tale (Aus) 1941-04-26 0019 The Knife of Sacrifice gg

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by toebig 2/13/2021, 12:14 pm

It's Saturday, have a great weekend.

Weird Mother Nature (for all my friends up north)

Lux Radio Theater 390206 The Count Of Monte Cristo

Mark Trail 500206 Chief Lightfoot and the Buffalo

toebig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next