The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by otrhead 8/30/2022, 5:30 pm

An update was made to Pierre's last name.

Another American Adventure....

American Adventure 55-12-29 (0022) Pierre L'Enfant; Paint The Big Canvas -modified.mp3
Copy Link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by otrhead on 8/31/2022, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

otrhead

Jim9, CRGibson, Oday450, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by Oday450 8/31/2022, 10:23 am

otrhead wrote:Another American Adventure....
American Adventure 55-12-29 (0022) Pierre L'entant; Paint The Big Canvas -modified.mp3

Thanks for posting. I believe that the title should read "Pierre L'Enfant." He was the military engineer that laid out the original plan for Washington, DC. The crazy road layout may have been good for horses and carriages but today it's confusing and almost difficult for automobiles and navigation.
Oday450
Oday450

kdmarket, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 8/31/2022, 9:41 pm

Thank you, Oday450.

Another American Adventure....

American Adventure 56-01-26 (0025) The Demagogue -modified.mp3

otrhead

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/1/2022, 11:17 am

Crime and Peter Chambers 540504 ep05 Abigail Chrisenberry

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by otrhead 9/1/2022, 7:45 pm

Last 2 American Adventures....

American Adventure 56-02-02 (0026) The Pioneer Called Eli Lige -modified.mp3

American Adventure 56-02-09 (0027) Ezra Lee; Man Of Iron -modified.mp3

Hey Tom, Missing all your great shows and humour. Stay safe and be well.

otrhead

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/4/2022, 12:43 pm

Lum and Abner 49-03-13 Golden Fleece Finance

I'm at that age where my mind still thinks I'm 29, my humor suggests I'm 12, while my body mostly keeps asking if I'm sure I'm not dead yet.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, duhar, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 9/4/2022, 5:41 pm

This may go under the title "Sharing Shows from Someone Else's Collection" Smile

This site has some nice transcription recordings, an eclectic bunch, that spans decades.

1947-05-12 The Lux Radio Theatre -Johnny O'Clock
This is a different network recording -- there is a complete one in circulation. This is from disc but the commercials were edited out in the copying of the disc, likely for an agent or for one of the performers. There is some scratchiness on the disc. This is more of a completist recording.

1955-01-04 The Lux Radio Theatre - Mother Wore Tights
This is a nice NETWORK recording -- there is an AFRS recording in circulation in poor sound.

There are many other recordings there that might be of interest to Cobaltians. It's worth taking a look at the site. The recordings cannot be downloaded directly. If anyone can figure out how or who takes the time to let them play through their sound card and recording as it happens, please let the group know.

It looks like there are some uncirculated Young Dr. Malone, some news broadcasts

This Bob & Ray may not be in circulation
WHDH 850 - Bob & Ray Matinee Play 1951-06-25

There's a Bob Hope item
KOA Denver - St. Anthony Hospital Benefit With Mr. Bob Hope 1956-11-29

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffStew11 9/5/2022, 8:35 am

Thanks for sharing these transcription discs Joe.  I listened to an episode posted on MixCloud of The Haunting Hour called "Breakdown" which seems to be a shorter/different version than the one I am used to hearing.  It also has no narrator.  I thought maybe it was a cut rehearsal?  Interesting nonetheless....

JeffStew11

g87 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 9/5/2022, 12:17 pm

In the case of the discs on this site, it looks like he only has part 2 discs and is missing the part 1 discs. So you're starting in mid-show.

This brings up something about syndicated programs...

Many syndicated programs had only music as an opening and the local announcer would read whatever opening the station wanted, usually mentioning a local sponsor.

Programs like Haunting Hour were syndicated features and had multiple releases over the years. In some cases the recordings would be re-edited to fit a target time slot or to adapt to audience expectations. Some of the 1940s shows were still playing in the 1960s, carefully edited hacked with a dull axe by the 1960s syndicators to allow for increased commercial and news time for those stations. I remember hearing HH in the 1970s and they had clearly been re-cut and "standardized."

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, Seamus, bojim1, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/6/2022, 11:57 am

Can anyone date this show? Amos 'n' Andy AFRS Sapphire Goes to Jail

A very philosophical friend asked me, "What is earth without art?" I just looked at him and said, "Eh?"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar, Rearle1, g87 and Crunklydunks like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 2 Empty Date of show

Post by Radiodaze 9/6/2022, 3:57 pm

The Amos 'n' Andy Show. September 26, 1954. "The Open Road". The first show of the 54-55 season. Sapphire & Momma are driving Mr. Malloy's car to Florida, but wind up in jail in Baltimore.

Radiodaze

Rearle1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/6/2022, 10:15 pm

Radiodaze wrote:The Amos 'n' Andy Show. September 26, 1954.  "The Open Road".  The first show of the 54-55 season. Sapphire & Momma are driving Mr. Malloy's car to Florida, but wind up in jail in Baltimore.

Nope, it's not that one. In that one Sapphire's uncle Wilbur has invited them for two weeks in Florida. In the one I posted Sapphire and Momma want to attend Sapphire's sister Rhododendron's wedding.

lasombra

Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 2 Empty Probably this one

Post by Radiodaze 9/7/2022, 5:41 pm

"GETTING TO THE WEDDING" 01-04-53

Radiodaze

lasombra and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/7/2022, 7:33 pm

There are quite a few A&A shows with similar plot lines. Perhaps it's 1-4-53 but that show seems to be lost. Jerry and Goldin don't have it. Haven't found it in any other collection either to compare the story to my copy. My copy came from a commercial cassette so I know it has to be available somewhere. I'll just leave it undated. Thanks for your interest, Radiodaze!

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/9/2022, 7:38 pm

Quiet Please 490130 Ep085 Northern Lights

A company owner was asked the question, "How do you motivate your employees to be so punctual?"
He smiled & replied, "It's simple. I have 30 employees and 29 free parking spaces. One is paid parking."

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/11/2022, 10:40 am

Milton Berle 47-09-30 Tribute to Brooklyn

Oceanography is all about current events.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/13/2022, 11:36 pm

Best of Groucho 59-09-14 1st contestant Charles Goren replaced with Ernie Kovacs

Little Johnny, instead of an apple, would daily bring his new teacher a pretzel from his uncle's bakery. She always thanked Little Johnny but one day she said, "These pretzels are very good but do you think your uncle could make them with no salt?"
Every day afterward the pretzel was salt-free. After a while, the teacher felt she was making too much extra work for Little Johnny's uncle to make them without salt, especially for her.
"Little Johnny, I hope your uncle is not going to any great time preparing the pretzel without salt?"
"Oh no," replied Little Johnny, "he doesn't make them without salt. I lick the salt off."

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/20/2022, 11:03 am

Sealtest Village Store 471016 Ep006 Slush

Mother: I think our son is going to be an astronaut.
Father: What makes you think that?
Mother: I spoke to his teacher today. She said he is taking up space.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/21/2022, 12:28 pm

Everyman's Theater 401108 Ep006 I'll Tell My Husband

I have a question - in my Everyman's Theater folder is a story called Immortal Gentleman dated 2-14-41 starring Franchot Tone. This matches Jerry's log. It has a Lights Out opening. Golden has this show in Lights Out starring Franchot Tone dated 8-31-43. What do I have?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 9/22/2022, 9:27 am

lasombra

Check this out it might help.

Wildcat44

CRGibson, kdmarket, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/22/2022, 11:40 am

Thanks Wildcat44. Something to ponder.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 9/23/2022, 9:00 am

Whistler news-- and an updated log...

greybelt
greybelt

bojim1, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/24/2022, 1:44 pm

Grand Marquee 47-06-05 Ep040 Hex Marks The Spot

The cleaning lady comes to the bank manager . . .
"Can you please give me the key to the safe vault?"
"What?! What for?"
"It's always so time-consuming to have to use my hairpin in order to clean it!"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/25/2022, 10:51 am

The Clock 47-12-11 Ep 058 Companion

What is the sole purpose of a middle name?
So a child can tell when they're really in trouble!

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/26/2022, 11:19 am

Defense Attorney 51-09-14 Ep010 Jim Leonard

My boss came to me at lunch, "Where have you been? I've been trying to find you all morning!"
I shrugged and said, "Good employees are hard to find!"

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next