The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 19 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 6/16/2023, 4:15 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - #05 - 'The Bridge Whist Expert'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 19 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by bojim1 6/17/2023, 8:40 am

Ted Davenport

Family Theater 1949

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 6/17/2023, 2:44 pm

The Suspense mini-marathon can be enjoyed at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/17/2023, 8:28 pm

The Upper Room - All Good Things Begin At Home ch.1 - Democracy Begins At Home - 1949

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/18/2023, 4:22 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - #06 - 'The Mystery of the Zombie'

Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?
A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 6/19/2023, 8:56 am

Ted Davenport

More shows from Ted's collection have been added to OTTR

Family Theater 1950

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/19/2023, 4:22 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - #07 - 'The Chinese Rug Mystery'

I'm so old that I can remember going through a whole day without taking a picture of anything.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 6/20/2023, 9:34 am

Ted Davenport

Well, first of the month is approaching and so is the due date for my OTR bills. All donations are greatly appreciated.
I recently opened a box of Fibber McGee & Molly reels that were recorded at 7.5 ips & half-track. This is the holy grail of OTR reel to reel recording!!! Here is a sample of the material. This is where your donations go. For the preservation and sharing of this material.

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/20/2023, 4:24 pm

The Upper Room - All Good Things Begin At Home ch.2 - Question of the Family Car - 1949

The Chinese have clarified their use of gender pronouns. "He" will be used when referring to Xi.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 6/21/2023, 8:24 am

An alternative link to Ted's shows

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket and pnussbaum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/21/2023, 5:47 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - #08 - 'The Rue Morgue Mystery'

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 6/22/2023, 9:45 am

Ted Davenport

Favorite Story

Campell Playhouse

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/22/2023, 4:54 pm

The Upper Room - All Good Things Begin At Home ch.3 - High Finance On A Low Income - 1949

If you give a weed an inch, they will take a yard.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, scooper and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 6/23/2023, 9:28 am

Ted Davenport

Captain Midnight

Ted Davenport ·
5h
·
Due to the complaints that I refuse to donate to archive.com and I won't post in low encode mp3, I have decided not to post any more of my sets here. There was also a complaint that I asked for donations. If you want access to my sets in the future, you will have to download from a website that Corey Harker and I are building. There will be no pleas for donations, but instead they will be available on a subscription basis. I apologize if I have offended anyone by asking for donations. I will not make that mistake again.

bojim1

Jim9, shadowsmom, Tom-In-Ohio, scooper and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper 6/23/2023, 5:02 pm

Ted,

I am so very sorry, you have gotten such a negative response to your ongoing generosity. Having worked with you, I know your kindness and commitment to our hobby. I wish others had the ability to appreciate this.

scooper

bojim1, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 6/23/2023, 8:05 pm

I'm sure every Cobaltian thanks you for your contributions to OTR. It's sad your pleas for donations have gone unheeded; one of the downsides of the Age of Entitlement we see too often. Best of luck in your endeavors. Cobalt is in your corner.
Jeff

ghemrats

bojim1, scooper and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/24/2023, 12:20 am

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - #09 - 'The Writing on the Wall'

I was worried about climbing that hill but then I got over it.

lasombra

Jim9, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, duhar, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 6/24/2023, 1:48 am

Ted's name is legion. I happily donated to help him out. However, since so many have downloaded I've yet to be able to get anything for myself. That's fine by me--I believe in the work.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

bojim1, scooper, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/24/2023, 5:16 pm

The Upper Room - All Good Things Begin At Home ch.4 - Home Builders and World Builders - 1949

Why did the belt get arrested?
He was holding up a pair of pants.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, scooper and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 6/25/2023, 10:12 am

Greetings all -- just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Toebig. He has been getting over various medical obstacles that life threw in his path a few months ago, but he is doing well now. I will be checking in on him again soon.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, artatoldotr, Oday450, bojim1, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/25/2023, 4:11 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - #10 - 'The Mystery of the Marie Celeste'

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by wich2 6/25/2023, 5:48 pm

ghemrats wrote:I'm sure every Cobaltian thanks you for your contributions to OTR. It's sad your pleas for donations have gone unheeded; one of the downsides of the Age of Entitlement we see too often. Jeff

Jeff, with all respect to you, and to Ted:

I never fail to salute, publicly and privately, the "Ur-collectors" of our field. Among others, Jerry Haendiges and Dave Goldin have been very generous, in helping me to liberate and "re-premiere" several rare classic shows.

But in this case, the thing is - Ted's pleas have not gone unheeded! He's received several donations, both larger and smaller (like my own), and has noted many on FB.

I appreciate what he has shared; for a while, it seemed he was trying to fill the gap in that area left when Jerry bowed out. And I'm sorry that he feels he now has to step back from it.

A rising tide raises all boats. And especially as the First Wave of collectors passes to their reward, getting these shows heard is ever more paramount - how else can the torch be passed to others?

Best,
- Craig

Last edited by wich2 on 6/26/2023, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

wich2

Jim9, ghemrats, bojim1, shadowsmom, scooper, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 6/26/2023, 10:13 am

Thank you for the update Joe. I say a Prayer for him every time I log in here....wonderful person

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/26/2023, 4:05 pm

Light Up and Listen Club 1930s #193

I don't trip, I do random gravity checks.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 6/28/2023, 1:04 am

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - #11 - 'The Perfect Crime'

lasombra

Jim9, mjnunes84, hotmix99, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next