The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 12 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by bojim1 3/14/2023, 1:22 am

Here's one for you investigators

Ted Davenport

Hello friends. I survived watching my 2 year old great-grandson over the weekend!!! He has more energy than a perpetual motion machine!! I need help from you out there this time. I digitized a reel that had no cue sheets and I can't determine the series on this reel. Can any of you tell me the name of the series?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bojim1

shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 12 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by bojim1 3/15/2023, 1:38 am

Ted Davenport

OK folks, here is my posting for tonight. The show that started my love affair with OTR. I remember my Dad talking about Inner Sanctum and a local man (George Jennings) had a personal collection, so I bought a cassette from a Water Bed store, believe it or not!!! It was a friend of his & I drove a long way to pick it up. I have been hooked ever since. Here is the show that opened my imagination. I hope that you enjoy it.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/15/2023, 11:46 am

Calling All Girls 47-06-28 (154) guest - Mischa Auer

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/15/2023, 11:32 pm

Ted Davenport

Getting an early start on the posting today. This is for all of you news junkies. You seemed to like what I posted on Sen McCarthy so here is part 1 of his address to the Republican National Convention in 1952. I do have the complete broadcast.

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, scooper, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/17/2023, 12:27 pm

Trouble Is My Business 51-04-10 Features Irene Tedrow, Ted von Eltz, Norman Field

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/18/2023, 1:45 am

Ted Davenport

Well, it's about that time again. How about a program from 91 years ago. Yeah, way back in 1932. I always liked these shows. Plenty of action. If only I had been able to hear them when I was about 12 or so. Oh well, I am able to hear them now. I hope that you enjoy it.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/18/2023, 2:07 pm

Mildred Bailey 440712 Ep004 AFRS Phil Moore

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/19/2023, 2:48 am

Dropbox Link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Old Time Radio Researchers
Brian Kavanaugh

OTRR maintained Box 13 v2303 (2.85 GB on Windows/52 episodes) is available for download from Dropbox, OneDrive or pCloud. Thanks to all those who made this collection possible.
IMPORTANT: This is being distributed as one zip file. In Windows, right-click on the file and choose Extract all.
These links will be available for 30 days. The episodes of this set will be released on our YouTube channel at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] starting March 18.
Dropbox: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OneDrive: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pCloud: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Synopsis:
Box 13, starred Alan Ladd as Dan Holiday while Sylvia Picker played Suzy, Dan Holiday's secretary, and Edmond MacDonald played Lt. Kling. Other stars in the series were Betty Lou Gerson, Lurene Tuttle, Alan Reed, Luis van Rooten, John Beal, and Frank Lovejoy. Music was by Rudy Schrager and the writer was Russell Hughes. The announcer-director was Vern Carstensen and the series was produced by Richard Sanville with Alan Ladd as co-producer.
The premise of the program was that Dan Holiday was an author who wrote mystery novels. To get ideas for his novels he placed an advertisement in a newspaper saying “Adventure wanted, will go anywhere, do anything, Box 13.” The ads always brought fun adventures of all kinds: from racketeer's victim to psychotic killer looking for fun. Most of the episodes were based on Dan Holiday replying to a letter he received at Box 13.
Holiday would generally solve a mystery in the process and return to his office in time to enjoy a hearty laugh at the expense of Suzi, his amusingly stupid secretary. He would certainly not meet the strictest requirements for private eyes (he was not licensed nor did he collect fees from clients), but definitions could probably be stretched to sneak him in under the rope.
In total there were 52 episodes of this radio program created. It was heard over the Mutual Broadcasting System as well as being syndicated. The series was produced by Mayfair Productions.
V. 2303 Changes:
All new .flac encodes
Updated documentation
CD covers corrected
Mislabeled episodes replaced

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/19/2023, 2:50 am

Ted Davenport

I just finished digitizing a reel of these shows and I was very impressed with Eileen Barton!!! I really loved her jazz rendition of Alexander's Ragtime Band, one of my favorite tunes. A pity she only made 13 of these shows. I hope that you enjoy this.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/19/2023, 1:15 pm

Blackstone, the Magic Detective - #15 - 1949-01-09 - 'The Frozen Lady'

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, duhar, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/20/2023, 2:11 am

Ted Davenport

I would like to dedicate tonight's posting to Sammy Jones, one of Amos & Andy's greatest fans. Well, the A&A from the serial years, at least. What has this post got to do with A&A? You will just have to listen to find that out!!!

JERRY THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER.wav

bojim1

Jim9, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/20/2023, 11:38 am

Festival of Brazilian Music 40-10-16

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyP 3/20/2023, 6:11 pm

lasombra wrote:Mildred Bailey 440712 Ep004 AFRS Phil Moore

This one should be dated 440628.
BobbyP
BobbyP

Jim9, kdmarket, lasombra, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/20/2023, 9:04 pm

Ah yes, thanks.

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/21/2023, 10:47 am

Phone Again Finnegan 46-07-18 - Finnegan's Big Fight

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/22/2023, 3:01 am

Ted Davenport

I'm in the mood for an Orson Welles Shadow episode. Anybody else that might enjoy that?
SHADOW, THE 01-23-38 Society Of the Living Dead

[Sorry, Folks, it's the Cobalt Police again. We are forbidden to post *Shadow* shows due to copyright infringement.  To me, that's sad since *The Shadow and Doc Savage* were the first shows our Club posted back in the early days. . . . But things have changed.  Please check the copyright page before posting shows; there aren't that many, but they are select, and we can't afford to have lawyers breathing down our necks.  Jeff (Ghemrats)]

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, pnussbaum and duhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/22/2023, 10:39 am

Jason And The Golden Fleece 53-10-05 Stratton from the New York Chronicle (NO MUSIC BRIDGES)

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/23/2023, 1:33 am

Ted Davenport

Some of you were interested in the McCarthy hearings that I posted & wanted more. Here is the next disc on those. I hate to be mercenary, but I am in business to sell this material so, if you want even more, you will have to contact me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Anyway, here is the next segment.

bojim1

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/24/2023, 1:28 am

Ted Davenport

All right. Here are the first 5 episodes in a book. That is how the episodes are listed. This should give you a feel for the series to see if you like it or not. I have a One Man's Family album that has an inscription to me from Carleton E. Morse (creator & writer) and Page Gilman (Jack Barbor). I hope that you enjoy these shows as much as I do.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/24/2023, 4:08 am

This is one I don't have & can't find anywhere else...sure hope David Lennick posted a "lost show"

David Lennick

What's up this week, off the shelves and out of the boxes? We haven't had anything from Bulldog Drummond for a while. This one originally heard June 23, 1948.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/25/2023, 1:40 am

Ted Davenport

WOW!!! 15 files!

Since the response was so good for One Man's Family, I have decided to post the rest of the episodes from Book 79. I am posting so many because I want to give everybody a chance to download what they want for March. I will be back in April for more postings. If there is anything you would like to see me post, drop me a line.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/25/2023, 2:25 pm

Night Surgeon AFRTS #33

My wife asked me today if I had seen the dog bowl . . .
I said I didn’t know he could!

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/27/2023, 11:15 am

The Big Time 52-08-22 Dixie

Good news, the Lego store has reopened . . .
People are lined up for blocks!

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/30/2023, 1:32 am

Ted Davenport

Lux 44-01-03 Shadow Of A Doubt
Part 1

Part 2

Just a heads up. Uncirculated programs from the Bob Hope Show is to be released in our Buyer's Group very shortly. We are currently seeking new members. You may join and drop out at any time. For the amount of first generation material you receive, it is quite the bargain. Contact me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for additional information.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, duhar and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 4/1/2023, 12:27 pm

DROPBOX LINK

OTRR-maintained Hallmark Playhouse and Hallmark Hall of Fame v2303 (20.4 GB on Windows/256 episodes) is available for download from Dropbox, OneDrive, or pCloud. Thanks to all those who made this collection possible.
IMPORTANT: This is being distributed as four zip files. In Windows, right-click on the file and choose Extract all.
These links will be available for 30 days. The episodes of this set will be released on our YouTube channel at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] starting April 1.
Dropbox: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OneDrive: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pCloud: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Synopsis:
Hallmark Playhouse was introduced on June 10, 1948 as a summer dramatic series bankrolled by the Hall Bros., Inc. which had been sponsoring the Radio Reader’s Digest for the previous two years. In the autumn of that year, the Playhouse ratings helped convince Hallmark executives that they no longer wanted to have their cards marketed alongside the Reader’s Digest magazines and dropped the Digest program entirely in favor of continuing the Playhouse.
The package was negotiated by Jack Hunt, account executive for Foote, Cone & Belding with the CBS network and the estimated initial cost for talent was $5,250 per week. By the end of 1948, the Hall Bros. were on pace to spend $1,500,000 per year on the show, about half of the company’s entire advertising budget and a reported 10% of its gross income. James Hilton, a British novelist, was convinced to serve as the voice of the program, both as host and story selector.
Dee Englebach was the first producer-director with Lyn Murray responsible for musical direction and Frank Goss serving as announcer. Notable scriptwriters including Jean Holloway, Milton Geiger, and the team of Jerome Lawrence and Robert Lee were regular contributors to the program. The cast changed from week to week, with radio workhorses such as Barb Eiler, Earle Ross, Howard McNear, and Lurene Tuttle assuming many roles and Hollywood names like Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Joan Fontaine, and Irene Dunn providing a dash of star power.
The Hallmark Playhouse ran for almost five years, from June 1948 to February 1, 1953. The series was overhauled in the course of a week and The Hallmark Hall of Fame premiered on February 8, 1953. Gone was the man of letters James Hilton and in his place was the inimitable Lionel Barrymore who introduced weekly profiles of famous figures from history including Sam Houston, Mary Todd Lincoln, and Albert Schweitzer. The Hallmark Hall of Fame aired for two years from 1953 until 1955 before transitioning to television in a series of productions that still air to this day.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, wich2, otrhead, Gordon Johansen and duhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next