The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 11 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by bojim1 3/1/2023, 2:06 am

BIMB AFRS recordings......Many sound upgrades

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

American Armed Forces Radio No 73
Topics American Armed Forces Radio
American Armed Forces Radio No 73

Broadway is my Beat

Broadway is my Beat is a love affair with noir and hardboiled radio detective series blossomed during the 1940's. The golden age of radio had found a new following in the crime drama genre, and managed to churn out several note-worthy serializations. One of the more popular old time radio shows of the period was Broadway is my Beat which featured the talented Larry Thor as Detective Danny Clover.

Clover truly loved his beat on the colorful and gritty streets of Broadway and it shined through in his passion and dedication to his job. He tirelessly patrolled the city streets and instilled fear into the hoodlums and villains that threatened the peace. Remarkably enough, the program enjoyed a lengthy run from 1949-1954, unlike its other contemporaries who only lasted for a season. This old radio show was first produced in New York City, however, it was later moved to Hollywood under the directorship of Elliot Lewis. As a resident New Yorker himself, Lewis infused the show with an amazing mix of sounds and effects that effortlessly brought the vibrant and lively world of Broadway is my Beat to life on the radio.

Broadway Is My Beat, a radio crime drama, ran on CBS from February 27, 1949 to August 1, 1954. With Anthony Ross portraying Times Square Detective Danny Clover, the show originated from New York during its first three months on the air. For the remainder of the series, the role of Detective Danny Clover was portrayed by Larry Thor. The series featured music by Robert Stringer, and scripts by Peter Lyon. John Dietz directed for producer Lester Gottlieb (eventually succeeding him as producer). Bern Bennett was the original announcer.

Beginning with the July 7, 1949 episode, the series was broadcast from Hollywood with producer Elliott Lewis directing a new cast in scripts by Morton S. Fine and David Friedkin.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 11 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 3/2/2023, 11:59 am

Great Gildersleeve 51-05-30 Gildersleeve's vacation with his family

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by artatoldotr 3/2/2023, 12:13 pm

Larry Thor was a Canadian actor and was born on 27 August 1916 in Lundar, Manitoba, Canada.

Art
artatoldotr
artatoldotr

bojim1 and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/3/2023, 12:47 am

Ted Davenport

Getting to the post before I get too tired and want to put it off until tomorrow. I digitized a reel of Vic & Sade today which made me want to share a few of them with you. For the people who have never heard this series, I have included six of them. It takes a few episodes for you to get onto the brilliant writing of Paul Rhymer. So, if you don't get it at first, hand in there. His imagination was the brightest of the writers back then. Anyway, I would appreciate your opinions & thoughts of this interesting and hilarious series.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by timbabwe 3/3/2023, 11:28 am

Broadway is My Beat: Fine & Friedkin were great over-writers,
the way Jack Lemmon was a great overactor.
timbabwe
timbabwe

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/3/2023, 11:48 pm

Ted Davenport
My keyboad won't let me type the lette that comes afte "Q" so please fogive the spelling. I was so pleased in the esponse fo Vic & Sade I thought I would thow in a few moe. These ae fom a block of them I haven't added to my set so they don't have the decsciptions added. Anyway, I hope that you will enjoy them.

More Vic & Sade

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/5/2023, 1:30 am

Ted Davenport

My keyboard is still not up to par so this will be short & sweet. Joe Russ Russell thinks this private detective is at the top of the heap. What do you think?

bojim1

Jim9, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar, Rearle1 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 3/5/2023, 8:40 pm

bojim1 wrote:Ted Davenport  
My keyboad won't let me type the lette that comes afte "Q" so please fogive the spelling. I was so pleased in the esponse fo Vic & Sade I thought I would thow in a few moe. These ae fom a block of them I haven't added to my set so they don't have the decsciptions added. Anyway, I hope that you will enjoy them.

More Vic & Sade

do you have a list of vic and sade shows on that flac file?

thanks
kdmarket
kdmarket

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/6/2023, 1:00 am

kdmarket
No I don't...none of them are dated either. Using Audacity I edited them to 6 shows

bojim1

kdmarket likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/6/2023, 1:01 am

Ted Davenport

Well, it's about that time again. I am posting an Amos & Andy tonight. It is not my intention to offend anyone, but this se*ies is an impo*tant pa*t of *adio histo*y. I efuse to get in any debates about Amos & Andy. The times we*e what they *e*e. Enjoy.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/8/2023, 2:54 am

Ted Davenport

Tonight I am posting a show that had a great premise. It is really a shame there were only 13 episodes. I could think of many different events in history that could have been portrayed. This is from a reel I digitized today so no editing or processing has been done yet. There is some wow & flutter in the musical bridges but other than that, the sound is quite nice.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper and duhar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 3/9/2023, 1:23 am

bojim1 wrote:kdmarket
No I don't...none of them are dated either. Using Audacity I edited them to 6 shows

here are the shows

vic and sade

1939-06-01,06-13,07-05,08-30,09-06,09-22

kdmarket
kdmarket

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/10/2023, 12:30 am

Thanks!

bojim1

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/10/2023, 12:31 am

Ted Davenport

In my opinion, one of the funniest comedy teams was Bob & Ray. I am posting one from their Public Radio years. I hope that you will enjoy it.

[Edit: This show cannot be posted since it's well beyond the time limits of the Club. I have posted another Bob and Ray Show to compensate: Please keep copyrighted shows in mind before posting, Folks. Jeff (Ghemrats)

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, scooper and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wich2 3/10/2023, 11:24 am

Kd, thanks for that I.D.ing of the V & S's!

Great weekend,
- Craig

wich2

bojim1, kdmarket and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ghemrats 3/10/2023, 1:37 pm

Like you, Ted, I love Bob and Ray, and I have tons of their material. I have to caution, though, that the Public Radio Shows cannot be posted here because their broadcast dates are well beyond the 1963 limit we have here.

Sorry, especially because the Boys are hilarious.
Jeff

ghemrats

bojim1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 3/10/2023, 2:00 pm

Thanks to Ted and kdmarket for the Vic and Sade shows.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

bojim1 and kdmarket like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/11/2023, 12:32 am

Ted Davenport

Almost time for bed, so how about a little drama? I hope that you enjoy it.

BIG STORY 1948-05-19_0060_The Deadline Murder [Rolf K Mills]

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/12/2023, 1:10 am

Ted Davenport

I want to post this show today. Frank Sinatra did the radio version of "The House We Live In". This was over 75 years ago and look at the hatred still with us. You can't turn the news on without hearing about it. We can do better than this, but will we?

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 3/12/2023, 1:15 am

Thanks for another version of "The House That I Live In." It always gets to me.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 3/12/2023, 11:37 am

Calling All Cars 340103 Ep006 Missing Mexican Sheiks

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Wildcat44, duhar, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/13/2023, 1:07 am

I love Calling All Cars....John Gibson's appearances always good !!!

bojim1

Jim9 and lasombra like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/13/2023, 1:12 am

I don't think I posted this here....first posted on FB Feb 26....FB being FB doesn't always show every post....

Ted Davenport
I want to try something different tonight. I have a mountain of Public Affairs broadcasts and I would like to know if they are something you would be interested in or should I just quietly add them to my collection and not post. Well, here they are. I will be interested in reading your comments.

bojim1

Jim9, CRGibson, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 3/13/2023, 1:54 pm

I'm very much interested in wartime programming like Hasten the Day. Thanks for sharing this.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

bojim1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bojim1 3/14/2023, 1:21 am

Here's a nice sounding collection of Calling All Cars

bojim1

CRGibson, kdmarket and timbabwe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next