The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 24 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by gathol 9/1/2023, 4:56 am

all india radio transcription service 57xxxx Saama Orchestral Composition by T K Jayarama Iyer -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

family theater 470403 The Passion and Death of Christ - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow will be 2 episodes from an AFRS series - Service Digest (Series H-31).

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 24 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by pnussbaum 9/1/2023, 1:55 pm

I'd love to get any other Mission to the Middle East programs. Goldin lists five available. Thanks, gathol!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 9/1/2023, 2:00 pm

Also, the T. K. Jayarama Iyer piece is a real treat! Thanks again.
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/1/2023, 2:01 pm

You Were There 53-11-15 Story of Dr Martin Andrews

I will be posting telepathically today so if you think of something funny, that was me!

lasombra

Jim9, gathol, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/1/2023, 9:57 pm

gathol wrote:
scooper wrote:Thanks for the Malone's Gathol!

You are very welcome scooper!  Today we will again do 3 episodes to keep the Lux Radio Theatre's together.

lux radio theatre 470512 Johnny O_Clock - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lux radio theatre 550104 Mother Wore Tights - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

unsealing the robert todd lincoln collection 470726 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the goldindex entry

Unsealing Of The Robert Todd Lincoln Collection. July 26, 1947. CBS net. Sponsored by: Sustaining. The program originates from The Library Of Congress, Washington, D.C. The documents had been donated by the son of Abraham Lincoln, with the proviso that they remain sealed until twenty-one years after his death. Luther Evans (Librarian of Congress) reads the deed of gift at midnight. John Daly makes it sound like a "You Are There" broadcast. Norman B. Foss (?), Robert Todd Lincoln's attorney, is interviewed. He describes how he helped to arrange the gift twenty-eight years previously. The system cue has been deleted. John Daly, Carl Sandburg, J. G. Randall (University of Illinois), Paul Engel (Chicago Historical Society), Jay Monahan (Illinois State Historical Society), Luther Evans, Norman B. Foss, David Merns. 28:28. Audio Condition: Very good. Complete as above.

Oops! Somehow I missed these flacs plus the two Comic Weekly Mans posted on August 24. Would someone repost them, please? Thanks!

lasombra

kdmarket likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainwater5439 9/2/2023, 3:11 am

lasombra wrote:
gathol wrote:
scooper wrote:Thanks for the Malone's Gathol!

You are very welcome scooper!  Today we will again do 3 episodes to keep the Lux Radio Theatre's together.

lux radio theatre 470512 Johnny O_Clock - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lux radio theatre 550104 Mother Wore Tights - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

unsealing the robert todd lincoln collection 470726 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the goldindex entry

Unsealing Of The Robert Todd Lincoln Collection. July 26, 1947. CBS net. Sponsored by: Sustaining. The program originates from The Library Of Congress, Washington, D.C. The documents had been donated by the son of Abraham Lincoln, with the proviso that they remain sealed until twenty-one years after his death. Luther Evans (Librarian of Congress) reads the deed of gift at midnight. John Daly makes it sound like a "You Are There" broadcast. Norman B. Foss (?), Robert Todd Lincoln's attorney, is interviewed. He describes how he helped to arrange the gift twenty-eight years previously. The system cue has been deleted. John Daly, Carl Sandburg, J. G. Randall (University of Illinois), Paul Engel (Chicago Historical Society), Jay Monahan (Illinois State Historical Society), Luther Evans, Norman B. Foss, David Merns. 28:28. Audio Condition: Very good. Complete as above.

Oops! Somehow I missed these flacs plus the two Comic Weekly Mans posted on August 24. Would someone repost them, please? Thanks!

Here's the Luxes & the Lincoln:

Rainwater5439

kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/2/2023, 4:58 am

pnussbaum wrote:I'd love to get any other Mission to the Middle East programs. Goldin lists five available. Thanks, gathol!

You are very welcome, pnussbaum! Yes, it would be great if any of the other episodes showed up.

pnussbaum wrote:Also, the T. K. Jayarama Iyer piece is a real treat! Thanks again.

Since foreign languages and I don't really get along, I was trying very hard to type it in exactly the way it was showing on the disc label. I hope I got it right!

First filling lasombra's request. Here are the two comic weekly man episodes.

comic weekly man - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PS - This is my first time uploading a folder like this. Please let me know if you have any problems with it and I will upload them my regular way if I need to.

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/2/2023, 5:12 am

Now for today's business. As I was looking over Lupine's mixcloud site to determine tomorrow's posts, I discovered I have a single episode hanging to post, so we will actually have 3 episodes today. All 3 are from AFRS series.

service digest Series H-31 Program 13 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

service digest Series H-31 Program 14 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is the story Series H-41 Program 80 Thomas Kennedy - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow brings us to Damon Runyon Theatre!

gathol

Jim9, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and Rainwater5439 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/2/2023, 10:19 am

Thank you so much to Rainwater5439 and gathol for reposting those programs! And yes, gathol, the folder worked just fine!

lasombra

gathol and Rainwater5439 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/2/2023, 11:34 am

BELIEVE IT OR NOT 47-10-28 (ABC) 1st topic Lightning

Several women appeared in court, each accusing the others of causing the trouble that they were having in the apartment building where they all lived.
The judge, with Solomon-like wisdom decreed, "Okay, I'm ready to hear the evidence . . . I'll hear the oldest first."
The case was dismissed for lack of testimony.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pnussbaum 9/2/2023, 4:39 pm

gathol, you did yeoman's job. Jayarama is an Indian composer, alright!
pnussbaum
pnussbaum

gathol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/3/2023, 6:11 am

Lupine Assassin posted 2 episodes where we are currently at and another 2 later on, so we will go ahead and post all 4 today.

Damon Runyon Theatre - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

21 A Piece of Pie
22 Barbeque
33 Bred for Battle
34 So You Won_t Talk

Next we have come to 2 episodes of California National Guard Program.  The stars will be Mary Astor in one episode and Hal Peary in the other.

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/3/2023, 1:20 pm

Front Page Farrell 49-08-31 (NBC) Case of the Mysterious Killer

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/4/2023, 8:44 am

california national guard 11 Mary Astor - Long Journey - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

california national guard 12 Hal Peary - Don_t Gild the Lilly - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow brings us to 2 episodes of The Adventures of Frank Farrell.

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/5/2023, 7:36 am

Today we have two episodes of The Adventures of Frank Farrell. Both Goldin and Jerry show this show being on Russell C Comer syndication, but these are from Harry S Goodman Productions, so they look like another reissue. The episode numbers do not seem to match the earlier syndication so I used my own titles here.

adventures of frank farrell 03C Frank Headed to Basketball Practice - Harry S Goodman Productions -

adventures of frank farrell 04C Joe Injured Frank at Basketball Practice - Harry S Goodman Productions -

Tomorrow brings us an episode of The Story I Like and an episode of Wife Vs Secretary.

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/6/2023, 4:19 am

The Story I Like disc label has broadcast #1 on it, but it also has Audition Recording typed on it, so make of it what you will.

the story i like 01 Surprise for the Boys - Audition - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wife vs secretary 37xxxx 216 wife vs secretary - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow we will move on to the series Before the Dr Comes. Lupine has 10 episodes, so I will post 5 tomorrow and then 5 again the next day.

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/6/2023, 2:58 pm

Arch Oboler's Plays 45-08-09 #18 History of a Mug

lasombra

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 9/6/2023, 3:20 pm

does anyone have this show?

16041. But For Their Grace. February 03, 1945. Blue net, WJZ, New York aircheck. Sponsored by: Sustaining. A program of the American Jewish Committee. The very well-done, emotional story of the four Chaplains who gave their life jackets to others on board a sinking ship. Humphrey Bogart, Karl Swenson, Robert Segal. 1/2 hour. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

kdmarket likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/7/2023, 6:41 am

greybelt wrote:does anyone have this show?

16041. But For Their Grace. February 03, 1945. Blue net, WJZ, New York aircheck. Sponsored by: Sustaining. A program of the American Jewish Committee. The very well-done, emotional story of the four Chaplains who gave their life jackets to others on board a sinking ship. Humphrey Bogart, Karl Swenson, Robert Segal. 1/2 hour. Audio Condition: Excellent. Complete.

greybelt - No, I don't have it.

Today we come to Before the Dr Comes - a series of medical advice on a variety of issues which can crop up in everyday life.  The transcription discs were numbered and some of the discs had two shows.  There was nothing that I saw to indicate which side of the disc was side one or side two so I just had to leave the shows with the transcription disc number.  Here are the first five episodes.

01 Rash
02 Bleeding
02 Headache
03 Listless and Irritable Children
04 Foreign Bodies

Tomorrow we will get the other five episodes Lupine has of this series.

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, scooper and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper 9/7/2023, 11:16 am

Thank you for sharing. I have missed Lupine's posts since they are no longer updated on Mixcloud.

scooper

gathol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/7/2023, 2:08 pm

Harry Von Zell Show 46-03-18 Audition

lasombra

Jim9, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/8/2023, 5:35 am

Of course, this was in the days when doctors still made house calls!

Before the Dr Comes - last 5 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

04 Stomach Ache
05 Cough Sniffles and Sore Throat
05 Earache
07 Bad Bumps
07 Use and Misuse of Prescriptions

Tomorrow - A Look at Australia

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/8/2023, 5:42 am

scooper wrote:Thank you for sharing.  I have missed Lupine's posts since they are no longer updated on Mixcloud.

scooper - You are most welcome. I am sorry he/she seems to have stopped uploading to their mixcloud account because they were posting some unusual stuff I haven't seen elsewhere.

I can tell everyone that now, after today's post, we have enough for 2 more weeks, and then we will be done with the Lupine Assassin Mixcloud account, unless they start posting stuff again.

gathol

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/8/2023, 10:36 am

Here's another one:
Before The Doctor Comes - Growing Pains

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/9/2023, 8:12 am

Today we come to A Look at Australia. Just about at the end of this run we will have a series called Here Is Australia. They are both hosted by Henry Milo. The episode numbers for Here Is Australia are lower than the ones for our series today, so I suspect we had a series name change at some point, but I don't have any proof of this.

a look at australia 442 Australian Jazz Band Host - Henry Milo - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

a look at australia 443 Guest - Floyd Blair President of the America-Australia Association Host - Henry Milo -

Tomorrow we will have a local program (I think) of piano music from WCOU Lewiston Maine and a program called Post Card Auction. Hmmmm . . . I wonder how that will work? Stay tuned!

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next