The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+24
scooper
Space Cadet
dbf
bobowers
ghemrats
timbabwe
William Hogan
pnussbaum
artatoldotr
shadowsmom
bojim1
toebig
soorhands
kdmarket
wich2
Wildcat44
Radiodaze
JeffStew11
Oday450
Gordon Johansen
otrhead
BobbyP
lasombra
greybelt
28 posters

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 23 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by gathol 8/20/2023, 7:32 am

It looks like we will do 3 shows today so we can be sure to post the 2 News from Europe together.

elmer peterson and the news 550819 Lucky Strike News - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

news from europe 400808 News from Europe - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

news from europe 400806 News from Europe - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, duhar and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 23 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 8/20/2023, 12:25 pm

Al Pearce 40-02-07 Elmer Sells Hot Dogs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/21/2023, 7:28 am

Next we have 2 episodes of Woodmen of the World

woodmen of the world 500606 60th Anniversary Program - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

woodmen of the world 550606 Quest for Valor - 65th Anniversary Program - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper 8/21/2023, 10:20 pm

Thanks for the Malone's Gathol!

scooper

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 8/22/2023, 8:05 am

Greetings all... I am looking for Captain Starr of Space circulating episodes, preferably FLAC or WAV. Any help would be appreciated.

The series was on ABC and replaced Silver Eagle, Mountie. The original title was "Space Ranger," but days before the series began to air on Tuesdays and Thursdays in June 1953, the Rocky Jones, Space Ranger folks who had put big money behind their TV and movie property, convinced ABC that changing the name was in their best financial interests. And so, Captain Starr of Space was the new series name.

It starred John Larch and was on for one year. My sense is that they were doing their best to be a little more sophisticated than Tom Corbett, Space Cadet (which ALWAYS makes me think of Bob & Ray's "Lawrence Fechtenberger, Interstellar Officer Candidate") but the show did not attract a sponsor.

There are a handful of shows in circulation. We're trying to work on a log of the series, and newspaper items are few after the calendar turns to 1954. I'm starting to wonder if the series went into reruns at that point. It's in the 1954 timetables, but no publicity or ads are in the newspapers at that time.

Your help appreciated!

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

kdmarket, scooper and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/22/2023, 9:00 am

scooper wrote:Thanks for the Malone's Gathol!

You are very welcome scooper! Today we will again do 3 episodes to keep the Lux Radio Theatre's together.

lux radio theatre 470512 Johnny O_Clock - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lux radio theatre 550104 Mother Wore Tights - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

unsealing the robert todd lincoln collection 470726 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the goldindex entry

Unsealing Of The Robert Todd Lincoln Collection. July 26, 1947. CBS net. Sponsored by: Sustaining. The program originates from The Library Of Congress, Washington, D.C. The documents had been donated by the son of Abraham Lincoln, with the proviso that they remain sealed until twenty-one years after his death. Luther Evans (Librarian of Congress) reads the deed of gift at midnight. John Daly makes it sound like a "You Are There" broadcast. Norman B. Foss (?), Robert Todd Lincoln's attorney, is interviewed. He describes how he helped to arrange the gift twenty-eight years previously. The system cue has been deleted. John Daly, Carl Sandburg, J. G. Randall (University of Illinois), Paul Engel (Chicago Historical Society), Jay Monahan (Illinois State Historical Society), Luther Evans, Norman B. Foss, David Merns. 28:28. Audio Condition: Very good. Complete as above.

gathol

Jim9, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead, Gordon Johansen, g87 and timbabwe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/22/2023, 10:55 am

Captain Starr Of Space 530609 Ep003 Ancient Martian Cube

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/23/2023, 8:43 am

Today we have 2 things from the same disc. One is NBC and one is CBS! I wonder how that happened? Must have been from some independent source. The disc does look like it was just hand written on with a grease pencil.

richard harkness 440602 NBC - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cbs news report 440607 George Hicks Aboard a Destroyer on D-Day - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Up for tomorrow will be 2 episodes of Comic Weekly Man.

How's that for a teaser?

gathol

Jim9, BobbyP, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/23/2023, 9:48 am

Sambo And Ed in 'The Gasoliers' 31xxxx Ep068

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, duhar, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 8/23/2023, 2:44 pm

YOUR NAVY SHOW WITH TOMMY DORSEY

kdmarket
kdmarket

Jim9, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/24/2023, 6:06 am

Comic Weekly Man

comic weekly man 530719 326 Swimming to Cool Off First Comic - Beetle Bailey -

comic weekly man 530726 327 Flash Captured by Giants First Comic - Bringing Up Father -

Tomorrow will be Legends of the Black Forest. I will go ahead and admit I was disappointed when I listened and found out they were just sales presentations for Black Forest Cuckoo Clocks.

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/24/2023, 1:42 pm

Unsolved Mysteries - 1936 - The Horror of Bena Debele

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, otrhead and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/25/2023, 5:09 am

Legends of the Black Forest

legends of the black forest ep 1a - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

legends of the black forest ep 2a - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow will be a Galen Drake disc of sales presentations and from a WHDH disc a Bob and Ray Matinee.

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/26/2023, 3:47 am

galen drake xxxxxx galen drake - 4 Sales Presentations - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bob and ray matinee 510625 bob and ray matinee - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow we will have Friars Club Tribute to Humphrey Bogart and Launching the USS Van Buren

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/27/2023, 3:19 am

friars club 5509xx Tribute to Humphrey Bogart - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

launching the uss van buren 430727 Launching the USS Van Buren - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coming up tomorrow - 2 episodes of The National Blood Program of the American Red Cross

gathol

Jim9, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/27/2023, 1:41 pm

Forbidden Cargo 550226 Ep017 Japanese Silk

Did you hear about the new garlic diet?
You don't actually lose weight, but you look thinner from a distance.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/28/2023, 4:20 am

Well, I've changed my mind (yes, again!). I know I said 2 episodes of The National Blood Program of the American Red Cross. Later on in his collection, Lupine Assassin also posted two more episodes of the series, and I think I will go ahead and post all 4 episodes today in a zip. I would imagine everyone will be ok with getting episodes sooner rather than later!

5009xx 01 Little Mike
5009xx 02 Steve_s Day
5009xx 03 When Minutes Count
5009xx 04 Hi Pop

Up next tomorrow - from KOA Denver 561129 St Anthony Hospital Benefit featuring Bob Hope and Tadd Dameron Complete Royal Roost Broadcasts (WMCA New York City 1948-1949)

gathol

Jim9, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/28/2023, 12:57 pm

CELEBRITY CORNER Interview with Eddie Cantor who is in Detroit

Did you hear about the drummer who gave his daughters the same names?
Anna 1, Anna 2, Anna 3, Anna 4.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/29/2023, 7:29 am

koa denver 561129 Bob Hope - St Anthony Hospital Benefit - KOA Denver - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tadd dameron - 1948-1949 complete royal roost broadcasts - WMCA New York City -

Up tomorrow - Golden Gags for Golden Eagle Gasoline. Lupine posted 8 episodes of this, but unfortunately 2 of them keep telling me content unavailable, so I will be posting 6 episodes in a zip.

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/29/2023, 2:12 pm

Victory Belles 43-03-06 1st song Begin the Beguine

A young businessman had just started his own firm. He had just rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques.
Sitting there, he saw a man come into the outer office. Wishing to appear the hot shot, the businessman picked up the phone and started to pretend he had a big deal working.
He threw huge figures around and made giant commitments. Finally he hung up and asked the visitor, "Can I help you?"
"Yeah, I've come to activate your phone lines."

lasombra

Jim9, bicho, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/30/2023, 5:05 am

Golden Gags from Golden Eagle Gasoline - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Episodes

Note: Episodes 55 and 56 are the two showing content unavailable.

Tomorrow will be 2 episodes from Mission to the Middle East

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, scooper, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scooper 8/30/2023, 11:23 am

Have heard most of the available Golden Gags shows before. Of course the gags are dated, but for its time, not so bad! Thanks for sharing!

scooper

gathol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/30/2023, 11:56 am

Wanted 50-07-21 Ep003 The Man Everybody Liked

I went to see my doctor this morning. “Someone decided to graffiti my house last night!” I raged.
“So why are you telling me?” the doctor asked.
“I can't understand the writing,” I replied. “Was it you?”

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, BobbyP, gathol, bojim1, RadioWisconsin, kdmarket and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 8/31/2023, 5:48 am

mission to the middle east 01 The Waiting War - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mission to the middle east 02 Program of the Refugees - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow we will have an All India Transcription disc from 1957 and an episode of Family Theater.

gathol

Jim9, kdmarket, shadowsmom, pnussbaum, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and AntiPontifex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 8/31/2023, 4:04 pm

The Whisperer 1951-07-29 'Policeman in Danger'

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen, duhar and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next