The Cobalt Club Annex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Shows from my collection

+9
bojim1
bicho
scooper
greybelt
BobbyP
lasombra
kdmarket
Wildcat44
gathol
13 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 8 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by gathol 8/31/2024, 10:09 am

Victory Parade of Spotlight Bands 420228 Alvino Rey - Hindustan - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Victory Parade of Spotlight Bands 430921 Alvino Rey - Lullaby of Broadway - no coca cola mention -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Victory Parade of Spotlight Bands 441130 Harry James - Blue Skies - net 688 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think all my Victory Parade of Spotlight Bands were just upgrades to flacs. Two more will be posted tomorrow.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Sharing Shows from my collection - Page 8 Empty Re: Sharing Shows from my collection

Post by lasombra 8/31/2024, 4:51 pm

From Goldin: Get The Facts. April 12, 1952. KMBH, Los Angeles. Sustaining. A discussion about women jurors. Jerry Giesler (prominent attorney), Joe Santly (reporter for the Los Angeles Examiner), Gus Newman (reporter for the Los Angeles Examiner), Rosalind Goodrich Bates, Paul Pierce (moderator). 28:01, Audio Condition: excellent audio, incomplete.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/1/2024, 9:42 am

Victory Parade of Spotlight Bands 450115 Louis Prima - Robin Hood - net 727 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Victory Parade of Spotlight Bands 451123 Jimmie Lunceford - Jeep Rhythm - net 925 -

from radio station WHO Des Moines IA - Today's episode is broadcasting from the small town of Conrad IA.

WHO Town and Country Quiz 50xxxx From Conrad IA - Clay Rusk-Quizmaster - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow we will do some Whispering Jack Smith and His Whispering Strings.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/1/2024, 10:43 am

From Goldin: Who's In Town Tonight. January 24, 1940. KGO or KPO, San Francisco. Sustaining. A San Francisco local program, originating from the lobby of the St. Francis Hotel. Helen Morgan and Cliff Engel interview Harry Baldwin (Jack Benny's secretary and the stooge who knocks on the door on Jack's show), Constance Moore (an actress who is currently appearing in "Charlie McCarthy, Detective"), Bill Murrow and Ed Beloin (writers for Jack Benny) and Murray Bolen (agency producer for the Jack Benny show). Helen Morgan, Cliff Engle, Harry Baldwin, Constance Moore, Bill Morrow, Ed Beloin, Murray Bolen.

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/2/2024, 7:23 am

Goldin lists six of these but I only have three.

Whispering Jack Smith and His Whispering Strings. October 21, 1937. Program #14. Syndicated, RCA transcription. Ironized Yeast. The first tune is, "Blossoms On Broadway.". Whispering Jack Smith and His Orchestra, Frank Singiser (announcer). 14:34, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Whispering Jack Smith and His Whispering Strings 371021 0014 Blossoms on Broadway -

Whispering Jack Smith and His Whispering Strings. October 26, 1937. Program #15. Syndicated, RCA transcription. Ironized Yeast. The first tune is, "There's A Gold Mine In The Sky, Far Away.". Whispering Jack Smith and His Orchestra, Frank Singiser (announcer). 14:36, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Whispering Jack Smith and His Whispering Strings 371026 0015 There_s a Gold Mine in the Sky Far Away -

Whispering Jack Smith and His Whispering Strings 37xxxx xxxx Somebody_s Thinking of You Tonight -

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen, g87 and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/2/2024, 11:50 am

Exploring Tomorrow 58-04-30 Stowawy AKA Cold Equation

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/3/2024, 10:24 am

Will Bradley and His Orchestra. February 21, 1940. NBC net. Sustaining. An opening night band remote from The Famous Door, New York City. The first tune is, "Flyin' Home.". Will Bradley and His Orchestra, Ray McKinley (vocal, drums), Carlotta Dale (vocal). 29:02, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Will Bradley and His Orchestra 400221 First Song - Flyin Home - The Famous Door New York City -

Will Bradley and His Orchestra. March 15, 1940. NBC net. Sustaining. A band remote from The Famous Door, New York City. The first tune is, "Flyin' Home.". Will Bradley and His Orchestra, Carlotta Dale (vocal), Ray McKinley (vocal). 29:25, Audio Condition: excellent audio, complete.

Will Bradley and His Orchestra 400315 First Song - Flyin Home - The Famous Door New York City -

WABF-FM New York City 51xxxx Milton Sleeper - Development of Radio Technological Improvements - wire recording - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tomorrow we will have two Will Osborne remotes and something from WFUV at Fordham University.

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, pnussbaum, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/3/2024, 11:12 am

Frank Watanabe and The Honorable Archie 340521 Ep001 Dressing for a Date

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/4/2024, 10:18 am

Will Osborne and His Orchestra 400320 First Song - Charming Little Faker - Casa Manana Culver City CA -

Will Osborne and His Orchestra 400407 First Song - Missouri Scrambler - Casa Manana Culver City CA -

WFUV 471207 Fordham University International Club Broadcast of Slovak Music - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, pnussbaum, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/4/2024, 2:33 pm

Country Sheriff 460412 Death Overdrawn

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kdmarket 9/4/2024, 4:04 pm

TOMMY DORSEY AND HIS ORCHESTRA (6-20-39)

TOMMY DORSEY AND HIS ORCHESTRA (6-12-41)

TOMMY DORSEY SHOW (7-7-46)

TOMMY DORSEY AND HIS ORCHESTRA (7-16-47)

STAGE SHOW (1956)  Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey

kdmarket
kdmarket

Jim9, CRGibson, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and soorhands like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/5/2024, 11:48 am

Music on Deck sponsored by the US Navy - This is announced as the Lawrence Welk Show by the announcer (he does mention Music on Deck a bit later) but the transcription disc was Music on Deck. It is probably this entry from Goldin but he doesn't list any songs.

Music On Deck. Program #24. Navy syndication. Navy recruiting. Lawrence Welk and His Orchestra. 15 minutes, Audio Condition: very good to excellent audio, complete.

Music on Deck 0024 Lawrence Welk - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WHKX-FM Cleveland OH 4805xx News - Rath Meat Packing Plant Strike in Iowa - wire recording -

Woody Herman and His Orchestra 620707 First Song - The Woodchopper_s Ball - Cedar Point Ballroom Sandusky OH - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, lasombra, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/6/2024, 10:39 am

As everyone could tell we were in the W's, which was the last of the alphabet I could find episodes in. So, our Youtube extravaganza has come to an end, but I saved three Fats Waller appearances for the end and posted them in the Jump Jivin Whale Room.

I do have to say I have been very pleasantly surprised by some of the things I found. I don't doubt there is more out there; I was just one person trying to mine a bunch of youtube accounts. I do have some odds and ends to try to sort out over these next few days.

gathol

Jim9, bicho, kdmarket, Wildcat44, lasombra and Gordon Johansen like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/6/2024, 9:06 pm

Archie Andrews 46-10-19 Taking a bath

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and Rearle1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gathol 9/7/2024, 11:27 am

I'm posting about a couple of things today. I always enjoy hearing stories about transcription discs being found. This did happen a few years ago, but I just recently came across this youtube video about this discovery of Indiana School of the Sky at Indiana University. It was an educational series originally designed for elementary school students.

Here is the resulting collection.

I also feel I should give a shout out to the youtube accounts from which I gleaned the most material. There were other accounts but these are the ones that gave us the most.

Doge Records
Jason Madore
The Analog Tape Museum - this one is still being added to frequently
buriedinvinyl
Chris Clem
my 78's

and here from the Analog Tape Museum is another I just recorded.

United States Navy Band 0187 A Musical Salute to Our National Emblem - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gathol

Jim9, CRGibson, mjnunes84, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/7/2024, 6:25 pm

Nightbeat 50-04-10 I Know Your Secret

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex, Rearle1 and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/8/2024, 1:43 pm

Honor The Law 38-01-25 #12 The Sullivan Diamond

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen, AntiPontifex and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/9/2024, 1:00 pm

YOUR SONG #audition Gene Norman presents aspiring songwriters

I saw an audiologist this morning but I think I'll get a second opinion. Why on earth would I need a heron egg?

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bicho 9/10/2024, 5:28 pm

thanks, gathol. there were a lot of fine finds in there!
keep boppin´
marcel

gathol wrote:As everyone could tell we were in the W's, which was the last of the alphabet I could find episodes in.  So, our Youtube extravaganza has come to an end, but I saved three Fats Waller appearances for the end and posted them in the Jump Jivin Whale Room.

I do have to say I have been very pleasantly surprised by some of the things I found.  I don't doubt there is more out there; I was just one person trying to mine a bunch of youtube accounts.  I do have some odds and ends to try to sort out over these next few days.

bicho

gathol likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/10/2024, 9:00 pm

Nero Wolfe 510330 TCOT Telltale Ribbon

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, kdmarket, Wildcat44, Gordon Johansen and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/11/2024, 1:01 pm

John's Other Wife 40xxxx Elizabeth and John talk in farmhouse

lasombra

Jim9, CRGibson, bojim1, kdmarket, shadowsmom, Wildcat44, scooper and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Johansen 9/11/2024, 7:39 pm

I just wanted to express my thanks again for all the downloads here by those of you doing so like Lasombra and gathol. They are definitely appreciated, and I know Tom would be happy to know that the channel is continuing.

Gordon Johansen

CRGibson, gathol, bojim1, pnussbaum, Wildcat44 and lasombra like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by greybelt 9/13/2024, 2:28 pm

Finally!! Someone makes Bob & Ray character Mary McGoon's Frozen Ginger Ale Salad!

The Joe Hehn Memorial Collection history, recordings, radio scripts, and other items [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
greybelt
greybelt

pnussbaum, Gordon Johansen and g87 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Johansen 9/13/2024, 4:24 pm

greybelt wrote:Finally!! Someone makes Bob & Ray character Mary McGoon's Frozen Ginger Ale Salad!

I must confess that the salad looks really disgusting because of the combination but the concept doesn't surprise me. Having grown up with some of the weird salads my mother would try using jello's tomato aspic or lime aspic, I can see how this might be thought trendy. She was a great cook other than when she saw something like this that she thought would be different.

Thank heaven that those two jello powders are long gone.

Gordon Johansen

bojim1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lasombra 9/13/2024, 10:09 pm

Mysterious Traveler 44-01-30 #009 House of Death

lasombra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next